Ivy Bridge realease date?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by kens30, Mar 28, 2012.

1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Whatever. What really cares here is that Ivy bridge is gonna be good. Better than Sandy Bridge, but not by much. It will be much more efficient I tell you.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Selling the product is equivalent to releasing the information as you can't sell the product without releasing information.

3. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I saw them on Asus, Gigabyte and Asrock websites, maybe other brands too, and at online stores.... This was a few days ago... now there also new bios downloads, new software availiable.. etc. There's even the new Lucid Vitu soft which is actually supported in Z68 with this weird custom adaptive Vsync which is interesting.
    I believe boards had the NDA removed before the CPUs?

4. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Actually, tigerdirect had this motherboard available for a while or at least they claimed to have stock at one point:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Intel 7 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel Z77 Express, 1600MHz DDR3, SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-Ch Audio, 2x Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2332779

For what its worth I just came across this article:

http://www.techpowerup.com/163592/I...rise-Processors-To-Introduce-DDR4-Memory.html

So Haswell client processors will supposedly retain DDR3 support initially. I take that to mean mainstream systems while server will use DDR4.

Anandtech is usually spot on so I take their Ivy Bridge Core i7 3770K article very seriously:

"The Ivy Bridge Preview: Core i7 3770K Tested"

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5626/ivy-bridge-preview-core-i7-3770k

5. Youghmama

Youghmama Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    If they acquired the motherboards through the normal supply channels they probably never signed any kind of NDA covering that inventory. NDAs would usually cover information provided at a certain time and place. For instance, if I went up to you and said that I had invented a new capacitor and that before I disclosed the information to you, you would have to sign an NDA promising not to disclose that information, then any information derived from that conversation would likely be covered. If you came by my office the next day and I sold one of the capacitors to you, that is not covered by the NDA. That is my stupidity, and you can test the capacitor and any information derived from the test is yours to disclose as long, of course as you dont use the information in a way violating my intellectual property rights.

6. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Oh god stop ! who the **** cares !?

7. head

head Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD7870-DC2
    23th april / 29april according to google.

8. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
  9. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Good choice, I am also waiting for the i7 3770 to come out.
    I am done with OC, why? Because everytime i got a CPU and I wanted to OC it i got problems, i got a E6600 and it would not OC, only 10% and that was with problems, games froze randomly, then i got an E8500, that was second hand and when i tried to OC it, it would not even post the PC, then i got a i7 920, that i did not even OC it myself, i set the Asus bios to CPU level up, but I got BSOD all the time, something with machine check and a clock interupt was not recieved bla bla. so i will limit myself from the start by getting a locked CPU, stick it in and forget about it. :(

10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I OC'd a AMD XP 2600+, I OC'd a AMD 64 3200+, I OC'd an E5300, I OC'd an AMD Athlon II 640 and now I OC'd my i5 2500k... all of them without issues (especially considreing the first 2 weren't really "OC'able").
    I believe, mate, you just got unlucky !

11. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Actually, every CPU you listed:

E6600
    E8500
    Core i7 920

Are factory locked. They aren't necessarily intended to be OCed although they can. Buying an unlocked CPU such as a Core i7 3770k for example would making an OC as easy as increasing the multiplier as intended by the manufacturer.

When you OC you should put the odds in your favor. Therefore, to some point you have been limiting yourself from the start.

Not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just saying,....

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  13. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Just came across this:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5728/...view-asrock-asus-gigabyte-msi-ecs-and-biostar

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    So close yet so far! I can't wait to build my new rig but I need the 3570k to be released.

15. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Same here but in my case I am waiting for the Ivy Bridge Core i7 3770. I think I'm going with the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe since it seems to have an Intel Thunderbolt header.

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
  17. head

head Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD7870-DC2
  18. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i get the feeling that until the ltechnology matures the heat is going to be an issue. i personally don't OC much so it does not bother me. I will still get IB.

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Just hope this launch won't be marred by the same launch we experienced with AMD's Bulldozer, all the hype causing a lot of people to scramble and buy a motherboard ahead of time only to see that the CPU itself falls short of expectations.

I'm personally waiting on the Intel Core i5 3570K and the ASUS Sabertooth Z77. Hopefully it arrives in late April, could use a rebuild from my AMD Phenom II 810 rig, it's really starting to show its age. Some hardware-related problems have started to slowly surface so I think it's high time to replace it. It's almost 4.5 years old.

deltatux

20. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    Yes. I agree. I wont buy the sabertooth until IB is actually out but i really don't want it to be sold out immediately. I kinda hope this FUD prevents high demand.