Intel Haswell Core i7 and Core i5 specs leak onto the web

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2012.

1. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Looking forward for overclocking capabilities.

If there no changes from Ivy Bridge on OC side. Sandy Bridge may still stay strong.

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Doesn't look like much of an upgrade for those with i5-2500K's or better, even more so considering the need to purchase a new motherboard. It looks like a better option would be to wait for the socket version of the Broadwell (as Intel claims BGA is only on standard parts), but that again means a new socket. Unfortunately though the socket Broadwell's will probably be the cost equivalent of getting a socket 2011 processor, so lets just hope that AMD pulls something out of the bag.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well that, and there really is nothing to match the power of what we have right now. Software is so behind the times when it comes to coding and optimization.

I'd personally rather see software to actually take advantage of what we have now, and let they refresh a few series. Let the software catch up, or we will throw money away at upgrading for nothing.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    folks, look to the z77

the gigabyte sniper 3
    the asus rog
    and throw in an ivy, do it now, Crysis3 will be here soon.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Z68 can still do the job, it does with my i7 3770K just fine. Very little difference between a Z68 Gen3 and Z77.

But to those that don't have Z68...I agree.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still have first gen i7, So I would agree there, 2008 is roughly when I bought this i7 and 5 years will be 2013 so i be do for my normal upgrade by then. hopefull haswell i5-i7 does wonder for swtor and it terrible performance.

That And I can actual change my ram for once, seeing I been threw 5 sets of ram and only one set actual pick up all 3 sticks.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dunno mine can still manage any game at 4.4 ht on, I may just wait for Skylake Architecture.

Theres many people using SB and IB and have the chips clocked at 4.4 and some obviously have higher.

No need really for me to upgrade tbh.

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null

current top end mgpu easily are bottlenecked by 1st generation i7 even at 4.4

clock per clock haswell will at ease be 37% faster and with higher oc at 5 ghz will be 50% faster than what you have right now.......................

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Do you have a source on that?

I really would like to see it by a credible source as i disagree and even PCI-3 is hardly anything to shout about according to tests done By Hilbert.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    source? and I cant wait for haswell and relegate this rig to back up status

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ye, mine isn't clocking that high very well. If i go 4 GHz it increases temps by 10C. Seeing i want a silent PC i cannot ramp fans up to 1200 RMP.

I'm ready for a change really. Can wait and wait and wait, but that means you never gonna upgrade.

12. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I concur!

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    We need this

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, same here. Performance is fine for me for what I play. If anything the only upgrades for me are a SSD and GPUs with more than 1GB VRAM.

Annoys me that Intel has this virtualization thing enabled on non-K CPUs but not on the K versions :-/

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I just cant be arsed to upgrade for a few hundred mhz more than what i already have.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Stock clocks basically same as Sandy Bridge, are we moving forwards at all here, intel?

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Chance out of 10 that this will have the same heat spreader issue as Ivy bridge?
    Even if it does I might still be upgrading =\

18. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I was hoping for higher clock speeds, but until we have confirmed results and testing there's no point in getting too excited just yet....

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I know what you mean here. Unless you play CPU intensive games there really is no point.

But you having a 690, would actually be surprised by the results. If you were on a single HD 7970 or a GTX 680 etc, I'd agree with you.

But in this case when you compare a 1st gen to a 2nd or 3rd, you are looking at more than just Ghz increase. There are improvements made elsewhere too increase performance due to the design of the chip.

There is a huge benefit for you to upgrade unlike us on 2nd and 3rd gen.

20. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Again no VT-d on K models - aaaaa, raaaageee.
    With VT-d you can have multiple systems running at once on a single gaming PC, with virtually no slowdowns when gaming.