PS Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dchalf10, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm. Looks awesome list.

By the way. What Ps3 connectivity suppose to mean?

2. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I can't decide if I want to buy the PS Vita or a tablet running Android 2.X or 3.X or 4.X.

3. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    It depends, do you want to email and facebook people whilst knobbing about with fart apps and throwing moody birds at walls, or do you want to play games?

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Clearly some impartial advice there.

5. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I already have a PSP 2000 or 3000 and I play Scrabble game on it. I think that it may hard for me to use a tablet because I have some cerebral palsy and arthritis. I don't want to waste $200 to $400 on a tablet if I have problems using it.

6. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    The virtual touchscreen controls games use on tablets/phones means just about everyone who tries to plays games on them struggle.

They are the pits.

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Waiting for my Wi-Fi version to come.

Anyone has pics of the sytem yet?

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    still refuse to pull the trigger on this.

The original psp line-up was impressive and had lots of future promise between games, movies (umd's) etc.

Fool me once...

I played with a unit, looks nice and all but again, like the psp, it will dated looking in a year when the next-gen of consoles hit the same way 360/ps3 hit a year after psp. Then you're basically stuck with an inferior graphics unit pushing out weaker looking ports of it's console brothers.

When you initially get past the hype of there being a new "toy", realistically, no one will be using this thing a year from now with how fast cell phones are updating, new consoles coming and dev's still on the fence with sony and handheld's.

I did go out and buy an xperia play phone yesterday and I love it, all I need on the go are ps1 and snes emulators/roms and I have them now with a phone that has a ps-style controller. For me, Vita needs to be more than just a game machine for me to have interest in it, because like I said, in a year when the games aren't as impressive looking as they are today, then what?

Xperia continues to push out games while I can call, text message, surf the web wifi or not, etc

Vita is just too much of a one trick pony for me to invest in, especially with the sour taste the psp still has in my mouth.

9. Brebaz

Brebaz Member

GPU:
    2x6870
    I got mine few hours ago, Pretty awesome i tell ya!!

I bought Uncharted: golden abyss and a 16GB Memory with it. Still on charge for at least 2 more hours then i could use it after the first charge!

10. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

11. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    What good games can you play on a tablet?

If there were any good games, would there be any that didn't use god awful virtual touchscreen controls that are the gaming equivalent of getting poked in the eye with a sh**ty stick?

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My PSV is being delivered today by DPD between 1 and 2pm. Glad I ordered it from ShopTo; they're awesome. As a Gold Member I got a lot of discount from my purchases such that I was able to buy Lumines ES for just under a tenner. :D

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i read there will be a firmware update available at midnight.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The issue is a bad game in your eyes is a good game in another's.

I agree, touch screen sucks, but you do realize the heavy implementation ps vita is bringing with it's touch screen, right? Watch videos of uncharted, wipeout, etc. Heavy use of the touch screen.

I've read bad reviews on Uncharted and Wipeout, apparently both get quite annoying with it's touch screen use and both, wipeout especially, have horrible load times.

: enter new owner to defend this :

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    did they mention how long the loading times were ?

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    yay, patches galore. Wipeout does take a few minutes to play, but, it's probably 1 of the worst examples. It could do with some fps/smoothness improvements too.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That sucks. Wipeout is the only launch title that interests me, I LOVE the series. Still have the original 3 on ps1, etc.

Ah well, maybe they'll throw it on the psn market in a year after they milk the sales out of the vita version. :banana:

19. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Touch screen as a full control system simply doesn't work and is tedious, but there's plenty of options devs can use alongside the standard controls of the Vita.

I've followed a few forums with mostly massively positive feedback from owners. The only negatives tend to be coming from the usual smacktards who don't even own one but insist on pretending they know more than everyone else.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Grabbing mine and a 32 gb card tomorrow morning. Awesome **** :)

PC + PS3 + VITA = perfect gaming. :)