Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Boo ****in - Corporations are bad - hoo.

Always blaming the bad publishers doesnt change anything, if they wouldnt make enough money, we'd never have a triology like Mass Effect.

The second one builds on the foundation (story) of the first, thus the story is continued in the second game and will come to a conclution in the third.

I agree with you that the second one didnt feel as colorful in terms of variety as the first one, but only because the first game introduced all those elements, the second game built upon them.

Mkilbride put it to the point, thats how triologies work.

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ the second game is still my alltime favourite game (took MGS off the mantle), I don't get all the hate for the game, yeh the story was a bit more basic than the first but it didn't detract from the excellence that was ME2, at least for me it didn't

3. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Im with you on this one, and disagree with a lot of the hate going around for 2. I liked both 1 and 2 equally, and there are things I believe could have been done better in 2, but it didn't detract from the experience. I have huge expectations for 3 though, and hope Bioware sticks to the game plan. Talk about EA doesn't feel relevant to me, because they're just the big money beast behind Bioware now.

Bioware hasn't let me down yet, and im them I trust. Lets just hope Obsidian doesn't get there hands in any of the Mass Effect mix lol

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i dont think he was corrupted per se, other than for his own ambitions. he made it obvious all through me2 that he was all about human dominance in all the galaxy no matter what the cost.

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    And is that a bad thing?:p

I mean cmon. All the other Aliens so far have caused some great plague. Humans seem to be destructive in nature, but we haven't created any threats to the galaxy yet.

Hahahaha.

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Does anyone else hate that Steam shows news (some of them are quite biggish spoilers) about ME 3 when you select ME 2 in your games library? :|

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    nah its not a bad thing. i may give me2 another run through and save the collector ship this time. i wouldnt mind having 2 save imports for me3 just to see what would be different.

8. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Who said anything about DirectX11?

Still not got round to the playing ME2 yet, love the first though, but will no doubt pay the second well in advance of this.
    Te claims of it being more of a shooter are a concern, but im confident they are just exaggerations like most claims.

Not keen on Dice being involved though, they are a great developer, but not for this genre, so it kinda worries me what sort of "help" they are providing.

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I read they are adding bullet physics...which is weird. Guns have never been affected by air, distance, ect, or anything in the first. So suddenly in the third, they will? Tech keeps getting worse.

The first game had unlimited ammo.

The second did not.

So yeah, it seems they are down-grading tech.

11. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    DICE is also assisting with the audio design, which is fine by me. Judging from Bad Company 2, the sound in that game was amazing.

12. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Bullet physics? I don't like the sounds of that for an ME style game. There is enough to focus on in the heat of battle, without having to worry about the wind jacking up your flame thrower or rain disabling your arc projector. In Bioware I trust though, so we shall see...

13. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    i luved me1 me2 but this is enough we need something new like what witcher had brought to us in terms of Graphically advancemts....

but judging by the picture above me they should call t "MassEffect 2 DLC"

14. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    You mean physics for bullet or Bullet physics. The former is weird but the latter is a great feature.

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    you keep on about this so called story in the 2nd one, the second one was all based around new characters barely touching on the few characters from the first one, do a mission to recruit one, do a mission for them, do a second mission for them, in between see X number of silhouettes so you know you have a rinse repeat for the next Y number of characters, when all recruits are done do the main story.

Thats not a story, its padding a story between a main thread, do lots of irrelevant crap for 80% of the game, then back to the main thread.

Comparing it to the matrix, well the matrix 2 & 3 were crap, as for lord of the rings, well if you had the first 2 hours based around Frodo running around Middle Earth doing errands for 6-7 different people then i guess that would be similar.

Last edited: May 26, 2011

16. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    The world should better wait after we'll finish ME3.

17. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  18. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Looking at ME3 screens, will it be optimized as ME2 or at least customisable as ME2?
    I'm playing ME2 with no problems.
    And, I was wondering ,will ME3 be a console port?

19. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Of course it will be a console port, but probably it will have some dx11 effects implemented, like they did with DA 2.

Don't know about running the game, that CPU seriously lacks not only power but also the technology.

Also i hope that this is the last ME game, i'm curious to see what new title, Bioware can bring to table.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.