Mini-ITX board has integrated Celeron 1007U CPU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mini-ITX board is getting very hip. Gigabyte releases the GA-C1007UN whichs is a mini-ITX motherboard with an integrated Intel Celeron 1007U dual-core 1.5GHz processor. This is a 22nm Ivy Bridge based...

Mini-ITX board has integrated Celeron 1007U CPU

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Sigh, why do they always have to skimp out at the last second?

With this type of board, why in the world would you bundle it with only a 6 channel audio instead of 8?

Also, why do dual lan instead of integrated bluetooth and wireless?

And instead of the eSATA port that no one uses, I would have rathered an mSATA on this board for a small boot SSD so that I can make the case even smaller and more discrete.

So much missed opportunity here in my opinion.

3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    According to the specs at Gigabyte's website, you can actually get 8 channel sound out of it, you just need to get it from the mobo, not the backpanel directly.

However, that's actually the least strange thing. Two PS/2 ports and a serial port, yet no usb3 at all, not to mention s/pdif. A PCI slot, not a PCIe. They even wasted space on an IDE connector. Is this ancient stuff because of the chipset? I wouldn't dream of getting a mobo like this for any purpose unless I got it for free from some drawing...

4. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    I'm way more annoyed at that lack of SATA patch-count: What is it about anyone refusing to build an FreeNAS/ Intel motherboard?