MSI Afterburner 2.1.0 released

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    From start menu, though I guess you want it to open correct instance using AB's interface !

2. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I do not have a start menu shortcut, nor do I have the Afterburner interface.
    I run it directly from the Kombustor folder.

There was an option to use SLI, called etqw.exe, in previous versions. I do not have that in the 2.0 version.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  3. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    You are saying you do not have this ? :

[​IMG]

You have a DX11 GPU, what is your OS ?

4. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    No.

I never install the Start Menu shortcuts, I prefer not to clutter it up when I can always go to the application folder and open it from there.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

5. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Do not see clutter after all they expand/contract and that is what its for !

At end of the day mines works ! ;)

My advise :

1) Install it and let it make all shortcut's inc desktop (not quick launch).

2) Do same for all your Bench/Stress Apps !

3) Make a folder with a name like "Bench/Stress Apps" or whatever in your DOCUMENTS Folder and give it a nice picture so it stands out and at glance you know what it is !

4) Move all the Bench/Stress Apps shortcut's to that folder so you can run them without messing about browsing C:

6. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I am glad to hear it works for you.

Unfortunately, I am not enjoying the same success you are.

I uninstalled Kombustor, and then I reinstalled it with the Start Menu shortcut.

Here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

As you can plainly see, I have no multi-gpu option. Nor does that option appear in the application folder.

Therefore, installing the Start Menu shortcut is obviously not the solution I was seeking.

7. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Anyone else have any ideas?

8. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    I never offered you a solution to that, I stated it was there for me before you said you do not use the "Start Menu"

You did not show a screenie before hand and you mentioned version 2.0 when this is 2.1 !

Last thing I am going to ask you is did you install new Afterburner 2.1 as Kombuster 2.0.0 comes included in downloaded file ?

9. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Whoa gunpowder, I believe you need to dial it back a couple notches.

To answer your 'last' question; yes, I installed Kombustor 2.0 that was included in the Afterburner 2.1 installer.

Anyway, if you do not want to help, then please feel free not to.

10. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    I do not need to dial anything back !

Your the lamo being ungrateful with your attitude every time I ask a simple question (do not see anyone else helping you) so basically FU !

11. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Whatever you say.

Moving on...

12. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    :thumbup:

13. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    It is easier than you think. Go to Task Scheduler, and click on "Task Scheduler Library" on the left. From the right, hit "Create Task..."

On the "General" tab, name it something useful and give it a useful description. (Or do not, up to you.) Check "Run with the Highest Privileges," leaving "Run only when user is logged on." Then go to "Triggers."

Hit "New..." (your PC will appear to lock up for a couple of seconds) and tell ti to begin the task at log on of any user. Hit the delay task for 3 minutes. Then move toward "Actions."

Hit "New..." and tell it to start a program and navigate to Afterburner's executable. Then move to "Conditions."

Uncheck "Stop if the computer switches to battery power," and then uncheck "start the task only if the computer is on AC power." If you would rather save battery life (why overclock then?) consider leaving those on. Lastly, go to "Settings."

Check Run task as soon as possible and if the task fails, restart every 1 minute for 5 times. Uncheck stop if it runs longer than. Then hit okay.

It will likely ask you for a user/password of the admin account when you hit OK, but on reboot, you should have Afterburner on any account on boot.

bliss007 and Arctucas: The last Kombustor I had that would use multiple GPUs was 1.0.7. 1.1.3 and 2.0.0 both refuse to use multiple GPUs. The only "problem" is the indicators on Kombustor 1.0.7 do not work with the secondary HD 6970, but they worked fine for the HD 5970; go figure.

14. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    @ Blitz6804, nothing to do with me as I have a single GPU !

All I was showing was the .exe is there for DX Multi in my install !

15. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    There is a shortcut for 1.0.7 (works) and one for 1.1.3 (does not work), but the 2.0.0 bundled with Afterburner 2.1.0 does not come with a multi-GPU shortcut.

16. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    My install is today's new AB + included Kombuster as I have said above with screenie !

This is what the DX11 Multi points to : "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Kombustor\Heaven.exe"

Rest simply end in the DX build i.e. :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Kombustor\MSIKombustorDX9.exe"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Kombustor\MSIKombustorDX10.exe"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Kombustor\MSIKombustorDX11.exe"

17. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Did you do a clean install, or install over top of an existing Kombustor? I would think the latter, and you have an artifacted shortcut. I personally install each new version of Kombustor in a new folder, and in the install directory for 2.0.0, there is no Heaven.exe at all, just like there is no shortcut going to it. Heaven.exe was the fix for 1.1.3, even though it did not work. (1.0.7 used etqw.exe, which did work. Renaming Heaven.exe to etqw.exe does make it work properly with both GPUs, but only in OpenGL, not DirectX, and besides, the display is just as broken as it is in 1.0.7, so why bother?)

18. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Ok no probs, new to MSI App as used EVGA's until I got new GTX 580 the other day !

19. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Awesome job guys!! Its like Christmas morning several times per year with these updates. Keep up the great work!

20. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    I found out why I could not OC my card past 850Mhz core
    -------------

To enable unofficial overclocking in this version it is necessary to:

Set UnofficialOverclockingEULA field to the following text:

I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it

Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to:

1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs),

2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay

0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path