950 vs 4770k with 660 SLI

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by JJayzX, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    As said above its good to see an old CPU (1st Gen i7) keep up with current 4th gen tech. As much as I'm itching for an upgrade the boost just isn't there. Guess I'll have to wait for the next range (after the i series) like I did with my Q6600.

Props for going through the effort of doing this though as I often find it difficult to get a decent representation of performance between the new and older CPU's.

*Just looked at the TDP difference between the 950 and the Haswell's, its nearly cut in half :O*

2. Artas1984

Artas1984 Guest

Can you do this test similar to my own benchmark?

So meaning: can you overclock both processors at 4 GHz and do test eye to eye like i did with Core i7 Nehalem VS Core i7 Sandy Bridge?

Only this way will we find out just how much the Haswell is an improvement over Nehalem, not 3,06 GHz VS 3,9 GHz..

I'd love to see a comparison from the architecture point of view - please make a benchmark at equal clock speeds!

If you saw my benchmark, the Sandy Bridge was 6 % superior to Nehalem clock per clock. Please make the same with Nehalem VS Haswell.

Please salvage ALOT more games, by "any means necessary".. Just look at how many games i have brought to the test deck - more than half of them i certainly do not own, just "acquired" them for the test only.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013