My Monitor... Where did I go wrong?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pigchild, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I feel I went wrong with my selection of monitor. As far as my hardware and system I'm very happy and I can smoke on even Crysis 3 at max everything.

Problem is my monitor just doesn't seem up to the task at hand. It is this exact Asus model: http://204.14.213.185/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

I'm getting some cutting as if the refresh rate can not keep up. It needs to go.
    As for only 24" I prefer that size. I sit close to my screen and have zero desire for some crazy multi-monitor set up. What I do want is the ultimate in a single 24" monitors performance.

Question is what make and model 24" should I select? I'm done with this current display for sure.

2. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Go 120hz, the smoothness is a night and day difference. You won't have the cutting or tearing issue. There is no way I could ever use a 60hz monitor again. If you where a graphic artist or something and need absolutely perfect color reproduction, then that would be the only reason to not go 120hz.

I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be disappointed (unless you want more than 1920x1080 res) with the Samsung S27A950. Yes its 27" but at 16:9 widescreen, 24" feels too small to me.

You could also look at the new 27" 144hz Asus monitor. Although I'm almost certain when it comes to color/black levels and 120hz or 144hz screens, there isn't a better monitor than the Samsung.

My 2c :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You did zero troubleshooting so far. Maybe it isn't the monitor? Did you try VSync? Do you mean tearing by "cutting"?

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Asus usually makes very good products but never had one of there monitors ,myself... im considering a Samsung UE37ES6300 37inch 3D LED Full HD SMART TV Freeview 200hz as my next screen purchase,usage will primarily be for my pc films/gaming and for the stand-alone tv capabilities,one of my friends has the 40" version and it is a cracking screen,its my prefered alternate to a dell 2560X1200 screen which would be better for gaming but lack the tv/freeview capabilities

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its not 200Hz input.
    Thats the motion smoothing which often isnt worth using and it adds lag.

6. Timo2

Timo2 Guest

GPU:
    9600m GT (280 burned out)
    /monitor? Did you try VSync? Do you mean tearing by "cutting"?[/QUOTE]

Yasamoka wins in. sort of.

OP :*BUT* (love that :D) There is the PC to TV issues so many ignore.

1/ TV loves 120/200hz whatever
    2/ Windows does not know what to do
    3/ Windows says "tv monitor" install generic tv driver@ ?hz
    4/ power to card? Dunno. Settings to DVI/HDMI? dunno
    5/ Watch your tv @30hz /bog standard

7. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Yes, I tried it with and without vertical sync. My monitor is not malfunctioning and my graphics look great. It just feels less responsive than it should and during some fast play I'm getting milliseconds of blur that aggravate me. I may look into that Samsung a member posted.