1st Witcher 2 review is IN!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, May 11, 2011.

1. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    I have been trying to download this game, at Steam for 3 hours now :0(

SERVERS BUSY ..... DAMMIT :0)

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    that is why i went to the store and bought it. ill just add the cd key to steam when i get home :p

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Can anyone confirm if SLI is working ok?

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dear, the game is pretty hard even on normal! had to reload after being killed a few times already in the prologue :) Back to work I go, hate today!!!

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    wow man . since 1 hour and servers r busy..fck u steam..in the face. yeah skull fck.

7. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Anyone having any graphics issues with the game? Everything is translucent or blurry when i start it up.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    lol violent much? :p

9. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    I finally managed to get past my stuck issue so here's my thoughts so far of this game:

AWESOME!!! :D

And Oh the Ladies..my my this game got some good looking ones and with this graphic engine everything is glorious.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, right at the beggining, Triss looks soooo hot! Her skin looks real! This will be the best game for pulling the ladies, that's for sure. To answer the question about blurry graphics, no, everything is spot on here, could do with better performance but I guess the prologue is a pretty demanding part of the game as there's a lot happening everywhere... Work and then a few hours, I'll stay up late tonight and have a few beers playing this, why not, I'm off tomorrow! :)

11. Astaroth

Astaroth Guest

GPU:
    Gainward NV GTX460 GS GLH
    For me the game runs on max with Ubersampling enabled at 10~20 frames with a resolution of 1440x900 (19" widescreen monitor).
    If I disable Ubersampling it jumpes straight up to 45~55 frames.

I use these drivers: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=344122 right now. I haven't tested any Nvidia beta drivers for The Witcher 2 yet. Can anyone confirm if they are better than those I use?

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    i have to wait 10 more days for my Collectors edition copy:(...that su..!!!

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dude!!!! Get a bigger monitor! Seriously, I went from 20" to 24" and the difference is night and day! Anyway, there's a post in one of the previous pages in this thread about some beta drivers significantly improving performance, worth a look maybe?

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    so what's ubersampling again? i saw someone mentioning it is some kind of Ambient Occlusion, but now i see there is a separate SSAO so I guess its not it?

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

In turkey, even your skull get fcked.

16. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Idd it's allready hard to play on normal..
    Fortunately, my sis started playing it aswell the same time, so I grabbed her savegame on easy..

Still no info if there's only the 3rd person camera, or is there also the camera "from above"? Maybe in a future patch or something?

17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Here's your answer. :)
    Nothing to do with SSAO or AO.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    One thing... There's a dlc for english voiceovers and subtitles... The game already speaks english though. I don't get it :/

19. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    It's not working...

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been playing this game for about five hours. I'm finally on Chapter 1 and am doing some quests around Flotsam (it's raining too and it looks lovely!!!).

So far I'm extremely impressed with the game to the extent that I believe this is best RPG I've played to date on ANY format even after such a relatively short time playing. Hell, I think it is better than Oblivion in creating a detailed, tangible and believable world to explore. The attention to detail is astonishing and the game's gorgeous visuals and music are the icing on a very tasty cake. It's also hellishly addictive. I've not encountered any major bugs or crashes, just the odd judder and minor graphical glitch here and there. It's a very polished game IMO, convenient considering the game *is* Polish!

10/10 so far. Been playing it with the Xbox 360 controller and it works almost flawlessly apart from accidentally removing items of clothing when I was intending to equip/examine something (it's not always obvious where the cursor is). Apart from the awkwardness of having to mediate to use potions (which you can do without lighting a fire this time round provided there are no enemies nearby), I've absolutely no complaints about the game. Well, OK, there's one: full-screen 1920x1200 support would be nice but, to be honest, I stopped noticing the top/bottom borders about two minutes into the game. I guess it must be a bit good. :D