AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA2 (13.101.0.0 June 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I can confirm this version has finally fixed the HDMI audio drop outs for me. It was still present in the original 13.6 beta.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Could it be... that nobody with that graphics card went to your shop? I've repaired computers for a while, and nobody came to me with any AMD-based GPU, so they must be flawless by your logic :p

3. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Do I need to install the latest CAPs with this one?

4. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    I too had a 9800 GT and it ran fine for over 4 years. 1 month ago I got a 7790 and my life changed from "happy computing" to "a crappy rig". This card is ain't worth 50 bugs.

Ram overclocking 2D flickering, strange black dots in Firefox, mouse stuttering while CCC is loading, menu glitches in CCC & some others programs, the monitor doesn't come back from sleep mode (only with STRG, ALT, DEL), and so on.

The only game that run fine is Bioshock Infinite. Most of the games have a mouse turning lag (not low fps), just some hangings for milliseconds. :bang:

5. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I have zero issues

My friend who has a Phenom II 955 has zero issues with his 7970 as well

If you're having glitches overclocking, why blame the videocard? If it runs fine at stock, that's all you can demand out of it regardless.

Lots of your issues sound like CPU problems, or poorly configured windows problems. Again my friend has a 955 with his 7970 and he's having zero issues ATM, all your stuttering/glitching sounds like CPU problems

EDIT: Doing a second look at your config, I can probably guarantee you that your problems begins and ends with that dime store power supply you got in your PC

EDIT2: Oh god, looking up spec charts and reviews, yeah, I'm 100% positive its your Power supply

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  6. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    ...and finaly resolve the HDMI(&DisplayPort) Audio drop-out on the Radeon HD series, the previous BETAs don't :banana:

7. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    Might have been to fast to judge these drivers. Flashed to Gigabytes newest bios at the same time as installing these and things started to get wierd, videos hung just after a few seconds, same with Firefox.

Reverted to older drivers (13.5B2), still the same.
    Went back to F72 bios and reinstalled 13.6B2, seems to work!

Have been flashing many times before and never had this problem. Maybe Gigabyte screwed up this time...

8. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    @Valagard

What are you talking about a 7970? The new "7790" is nearly one month on the market. Maybe you are right on my PSU, but I guess not. The power consume is less a third of the old 9800/8800 GT.
    All new 7790 cards are stock overclocked to 1075/1500, or 1075/1600. There is not one card with 1000/1500 regular clocks you can buy.

Those 2D Ram overclocking flicker is an AMD problem since the 5xxx series and can be found in many forums. So I gave up overclocking the Ram. I also found a lot postings about the menu glitches in CCC.

The mouse turning lags in games? In my opinion it's the 128 bit bandwidth of the card. The last drivers didn't solve any of the problems. Maybe it's getting better with the next drivers. Most of all magazines raised this card to heaven. Best buy under 150 bugs. Will see.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  9. fasor

fasor Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is unplayable for me with this beta - tons of flickering artifacts.
    All other games/benchmarks works perfect =)

whql 13.4 is still the best =)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  10. Jackal-F

Jackal-F Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7950
    Update PhysX

Bro.. Reading about the stuttering on Remember Me and Bioshock is for PhysX Software compatibility; i just update the PhysX to lastest version and the stuttering on Remember Me disappeared. Im using right now Drivers 13.6 Beta. I ran the Bench of bioshock Infinite and runs perfectly too. Sorry for my bad english.

11. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Drivers tested:

3D stuttering and performance:
    Input lag seems to be reduced a bit again. However engines and games seems to be smooth for few seconds, then they stutter for 500ms and more (very noticeable). Cant tell if its GPU, driver, or my crazy HW configuration...

Flickering:
    DX9.0c games may still have local flickers when using transparency effects. (Skyrim - skin flickering, WoTanks - Battle starts flashing). Always same symptom. When texture is fading in/out it may become completely transparent or black instead.

12. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    So still have problem with audio from DP again... back to 13.5b2 ...

13. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    DP or HDMI?

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dual graphic laptop users does still have a problem with missing switchable program list to change power save or high performance?

15. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

DP :-(

I use Display Port with my LG 29ea93 monitor

When i Power OFF my monitor, then i Power ON, there is no Sound in Windows and games...

same when i startup the computer.

To solve it, i have to switch source in HMDI then back to DP....

This pb did not exist with the 13.5 b2.

16. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    When booting up my laptop for the first time with this driver installed, I'm getting a BSOD with a STOP: 0x00000116 error related to atikmpag.sys with the mobility version of this driver on my Alienware M18x-R2 with 2x 7970M CrossfireX and Windows 7 64 bit. It was a completely clean driver install with first uninstalling the old driver then removing all traces on the SSD and registry as I always do.
    It worked fine on the reboot after the BSOD, however.
    I've never had a problem like this on this laptop before either, including with the first 13.6 Beta drivers. Just a heads-up, I guess.

17. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Hm. Catalyst 13.6 beta and beta 2 are causing some serious stuttering to me. Few seconds its OK, then it stutters for 500ms +- and again few seconds ok...

Strange...

Results:
    Catalyst 13.4 WHQL
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/533929
    Stutterfree

Catalyst 13.6 Beta2
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/530952
    With stuttering

18. rand923023

rand923023 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280 / 3GB
    I'm still having HDMI audio dropouts. I'm using a WASAPI (event-style) connection to an Onkyo HT-R380.

Also, this latest beta killed my bitcoin miners...poclbm fails to initialize.

19. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    oh, tri fire 7970's Far Cry 3 is working better,FYI

20. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i dont have any issues with games, alltho, i dont use hdmi to output sound, but in anyevent all games run fine with this drivers, BUT i dont know why world of tanks is so slow, is this game just optimized for nvidia, beacuse, in my 480gtx it ran preatty well with settings maxed out, any sudgestions?