Cooler Master 690 II Advanced 140mm Fan

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by deltatux, Apr 7, 2013.

1. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Hey guys,

Just a question, I have the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced case and it only comes with 1 140mm fan for the top for exhaust.

I was wondering if I get this for the second 140mm fan, would it be a good choice?
    BitFenix BFF-SCF-14025KK-RP
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=8_130&item_id=040646

or how about these?:
    Cougar Turbine 140mm Hyper Spin Bearing Fan 1000RPM 64.5/109.6CFM
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=74229&vpn=CFT14S-B Black&manufacture=Others&promoid=1449

Also, is it better to have two of the same fan (remove the existing fan and get two BitFenix's?)? The Cooler Master fan I have is the Cooler Master A14025-10CB-3BN-F1 (1200 RPM).

Mainly if I am to get a new 140mm fan, it must be quiet but able to expel the heat out of my case. Due to the installation of the H70 CORE, the two Arctic Cooling fans made my rear exhaust to become a rear intake, the only exhaust now is the top.

Thanks,
    deltatux

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. DarkSayianSilva

DarkSayianSilva Active Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980 TI STRIX
    same

I would keep the fans the same brand and model if possible as not all fans run at the same speed or have the same design flow cooler master makes great fans so stick with that or get the new corsair fans that have the color rings on them they have an ultra silent version (if slience is a must) that moves heeps of air from what I have herd can't remember the name sorry. As for the bitny fan never heard of them so can"t comment on it or recommend it sorry!

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    how many intake fans do you have? I run 4x120mm intake and 1x120mm+1x140mm exhaust fans. you want to have more intake than exhaust (positive airflow). if you have more exhaust you'll be sucking in air not only through your filtered intake fans, which equals to more dust.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    For positive pressure to work the case must be completely airtight.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, but even if it isn't air tight it's still best to have more intake.

6. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    My personal preference has always been to use the same manufacturer.

I have no experience with the Cougar brand fan you linked, nor the exact model of BitFenix, but I've had issues with BitFenix fans before. The model I had were super flimsy feeling and louder than I was hoping. Sold them on Craigslist a day or two after getting them and bought a different brand.

The Coolermaster fan that you have at the moment seems to have good enough reviews around the net. You could just grab another of those if it's up to your standards. They're pretty cheap, too.
    http://www.avadirect.com/product_details_parts.asp?PRID=14486

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ye, here's the thing, the way this case was designed, it's pretty porous, plus, it has 3 side vents for fans which I don't think I'll be using.

As for how many intake fans, I have 1 main 140mm intake from the front, 1 push-pull configured intake fan from the rear (cools the Corsair H70's radiator) and one main 140mm exhaust fan on the top.

I was thinking of installing a second one since well, there's room for it and thought it'll help expel the heat faster.

I need a Canadian seller or someone willing to ship to Canada for a reasonable rate. So far, I found none...

deltatux

8. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I was going to offer to buy here and then ship directly to you (if shipping costs made it make sense). Guess what... they don't! I've never had reason to know what shipping to Canada costs, boy did I get schooled.
    After reading further reviews around the net, the bitfenix doesn't seem too bad. Nearly all the reviews are positive for it.

[​IMG]

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I never ship with UPS/FedEx unless the item I'm shipping is a valuable. I usually just use Canada Post (or in your case USPS) instead since they cost a lot less. Canada Post even gives you a tracking number (unfortunately, USPS doesn't do that unless you pay extra).

Oh well, I'll take a look into other options. If the BitFenix is good, I might just go with that. Can you please link the reviews you've seen?

Cheers,
    deltatux

10. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Alright, I might just get these then (I just read the French myself, guess those useless French classes in school were of some use :p). So the Cougar ones are no good?

deltatux