Employee tears EA a new hole for SimCity

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Stukov, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...stizes-company-over-simcity-in-public-letter/

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    He'll be fired tomorrow

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Weird...

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I would not be shocked if ea did this once find out who it was, EA has been anti consumer for years.

And letting out bad products for years longer. See EA was once great, But this was LONG ago before they started buying out game company after game company and gutting the company and destroying game franchise after franchise.

5. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    Well, eum, great words but too late ? I don't think it will change anything from now, the EA reputation is kinda hurt forever.

6. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Wow...

Tisk, tisk EA - even your own employees hate you.

7. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Tomorrow? I bet the doors are swinging NOW :banana:

8. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    This guy is awesome. Instead of leaving his balls at the door of EA when he was hired and just shutting up and being a good employee he stayed true to his beliefs and called them out for the shameless exploitation of their customers and employees. If there were more men like this working in the big corporations we'd see much less deceitful executives and more consumer friendly practices. Unfortunately, more people prioritize their job over their dignity and/or releasing honest products.

9. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    If EA had any collective brains they would promote this Guy/Gal immediately.

10. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    The sad fact is that the majority of EA Employees probably couldn't express themselves like that person did because they have families and mortgages, if found out then that would really put them in financial hell if EA did fire them for it. This person probably doesn't care he could be found out or be fired so expressed his views.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's almost a week old.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Knowing EA I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually a publicity move, think about it you've pissed off a huge amount of your customers so now you have them all thinking everyone at EA is the devil but if you release an 'email from an irate employee' suddenly you have something that shows that not everyone at EA is the devil, their are people that care how can I hate EA completely while they have people like this working for them. The weird thing is their is no info about how this email came to light?

Simcity has to officially go down as the worst game launch ever, every day more and more info comes out about the disaster that is this games launch, now we are being told that the game doesn't even need the on line component, when only two days ago we were being told that the game can't function without. Everything about this launch shows one of two things

1). The folk at EA really do not have a clue what they are doing, at all or
    2). They have so little respect for their consumers that they think they can openly lie and we would never find out.

13. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    I'd love this to be real but I also can't help thinking the same as The Laughing Ma, that it's a stunt by EA. If this is real, then great and well done Mr employee for speaking out but sadly it won't change anything, EA won't learn from this and by learn I mean won't give two hoots about the poor launch of Sim City and consumer outcry and they will keep on doing what they're doing.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    In a few More days most will probably forget about it. End result? More BS in future titles.

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I was thinking the same thing. Either way, EA won't change. They somehow manage to take a huge dump on every developer they touch. Look at NFS, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Dead Space, apparently SimCity and C&C.

**** EA.

16. Zunaro

Zunaro Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    EA has sucked, forever, I still do not buy their products after 5 years. And I won't buy any of their new products, no matter how fancy.

Edit: They are ConsoleMongers.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  17. KarAzrael

KarAzrael Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    Battlefield 2 was great. Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 have all been nothing but disappointing. I will not buy battlefield 4 until I know its as good as Battlefield 2.

18. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I don't see how Battlefield 3 was disapointing, having played over 300 hours online of the game I can tell you had had at least 100h of it of ''Holy sh**'' moments. The jets were awesome, and infantry combat (no explosives map only).

Sure it's not your cookie cutter CoD, but it was an excellent game.

On the EA front, I'm not buying SimCity, I've been playing City Simulator instead, it's more difficult but at least it doesnt make me feel like I'm selling my soul.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  19. daffy101

daffy101 Active Member

GPU:
    7800XT
    I doubt this is real the way it is written just seems wrong somehow, If said employee was that fed up surely he would have left EA by now?
    The programmers were just as guilty as the EA executives for making such a P**s poor product. All EA seem to do now is add another version of the same tired franchises. No innovation just money collection and after hearing that EA are taking about micro-transactions in all their future titles I hope everyone responsible for that idea and who goes along with it burns in Hades along with their families and pets for all eternity. Vote with your wallet leave them to crash and burn.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How are the programmers guilty? They don't make decisions on DRM or feature cuts for zero day DLC. Hell I doubt even the lead designer makes those decisions. Look at Dustin Browder, the amount of **** he talked about EA after leaving for Blizzard was hilarious -- and he was the lead dev behind two of their most successful games. He had absolutely no control over the product beyond the actual gameplay, including feature patches which were limited to two per product.