Windows 8 marketshare 2.36 percent

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Common sense.

You can't buy what retailers won't sell.

Thanks.

2. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Thanks god, ppl still see the forest behing the trees.
    :D

3. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Another news story about Windows 8 sparks another Windows 7 vs. 8 war totally unrelated to the topic at hand? I didn't see that one coming. :)

4. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    For a high-end system like yours, this sentence makes no sense at all. And win8 is NOT "windows reimagined." It is windows 7 with some useless tablet features and removal of Aero. I have always been a Microsoft fan but windows 8 is just a huge disappointment. I don't expect much from win blue either. Thanks Ballmer!

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I was going to post that too .. lol.

Sad thing is, we have Microsoft users arguing with other MS users over their choice of OS instead of the old Windows v/s Mac OS gig.

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    If they hadnt prevented sales of Windows 7 by forcing Windows 8 on OEMs, then you would have a point.

7. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    They're simply phasing out the old while promoting the new. It's always been like this. It'd be like the new iPhone shipping with iOS 5 instead of 6. I mean, when 7 came out it became harder and harder to find a PC that shipped with Vista as time went on. No different here. It's not unreasonable to expect them to do that, or at least to me.

And just like that I got sucked into this silly war. I'm ignoring this topic after this. I've noticed nobody has really convinced anybody else otherwise. It's just a bunch of grown men clucking like a coop full of restless chickens. Farm joke...I apologize. :)

**Added**
    Plus, you guys are an awesome bunch. I don't want to fight with anybody here, no matter what the subject.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  8. Order_66

Order_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    Really the whole thing is stupid, microsoft released an OS with a horrible user experience and is forcing it on everyone who wants to continue using any version of windows after 7.
    Until good people take a stand against this type of anti-consumer conduct microsoft will continue to defecate turds onto the general consumer without any accountability.

A microsoft fanboy is comparable to a religious extremist, no amount of facts or logic will sway the view of the fanboy, all the fanboy knows is that all of microsofts turds are made of solid gold and if you don't agree then surely the problem is with YOU!

9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    ...What? The hell are you going on about "Windows Reimagined" it has nothing to with what I said. I purely stated that I find Windows without Aero faster.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You mean as was noted in a previous example, a company, say Apple for example, should sell a new product with the previous operating system...because? Your irrational hatred is worse than any of your complaints about 'fanboys'. Wow.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, liking something makes someone a fanboy.....but it's perfectly normal to have an irrational hatred of something that really has little impact on someone's life....

12. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    idk if they dont name it aero now, but it does the same, so IMO is like forced aero.

for me, w8 is the same than w7, so i'll use it when drivers improve over w7.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    LMFAO what have i just read ???

14. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Drivers are much better now. The only hardware I've actually had replace due to drivers is my mouse, as its a first Razer Lachesis (4000 DPI version) and there are no Windows 8 drivers for it, and the Windows 7 ones don't fully work.

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i mean performance wise (3d).

Anyways... meh, i just want to mess w my machine, i'll update right now (i got student keys so :itsfree: )

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    There are somethings I like about Win 8 and some I don't.... kinda the way I felt about Win 7, Vista, XP etc etc. All operating systems are a compromise between functionality, performance, and wherever and whatever the developer thinks the market/future is. Some crystal balls are better than others. I just don't get the ranting.

17. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I can't comment on 3D support as I don't have a 3D Monitor.

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The reason I'm annoyed is because I want to use Windows 8, but they have forced me to take a stand against them.
    If nobody took a stand against things like this, I dread to think what the OS would be like.

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yeah, I dont want a war over this, but we should be able to express our distaste over what has happened without arguments.
    As has been pointed out in this thread, customers have been asking for machines pre-loaded with Windows 7, of their own preference, because of what MS did to Windows 8.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Take a stand against what? This has always been the case when a new OS is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.