Considering getting a tattoo

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by zoso_the_hippy, Sep 17, 2010.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The tattoos I like to hear about are the ones in their lovers names. And they break up soon after.

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Typically I say, if you have to ask someone else if you should get a tattoo, then dont because you dont know how to make your own decisions in your life.

If I really wanted a tattoo, I would go overseas and pay one of my favorite artists to do it even if he/she has never done it before haha. The price would be worth it then instead of having just any artist thats just good enough. Thats just me though, my **** has to look good. I've seen too many badly done tattoo's.

But you arent asking if you should get one, so thats ok. On prices however, I really dont know.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  3. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    So wait you have that stuff written or you have symbols which you think mean that stuff?

Cuz if you wanted people to know that very interesting stuff just post it on fb, you dont need a permanent reminder printed in your skin.

I have nothing against tattoos inherently, I just personally think they are a waste of time and money, I do not see any logical reason as to why someone would need one.

just my 0.02c

4. Andrés

Andrés Guest

To me it means some things that I left behind and some that lie ahead of me. Sort of a permanent reminder. Some people don't need it, but me, I definitely needed to have it. It's like some sort of "scar". A nicely drawn one :)

5. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I'm more in line with John's thinking, though I understand a lot of people do it for meaningful purposes.
    I had a few "milestones" in my life, when I considered getting one.Earned black belt, fought in a war, birth of my daughter, etc.
    To me, they were the biggest, most important things in my life.I never got inked though.I thought there was no reason a stranger needs to know these details about me, and obviously, those close to me already know.
    I've grown into the man I am, and permanently marking myself only puts it on display-not makes me anyone I'm not already.

I vote no.

6. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I'm sorry if you didn't understand my previous posts. To re-post the same words would be exhaustive. I gave full and detailed explanation of why I have them. Life itself is more than what "logic dictates what I should do with my life and body". Existence lends itself to much more than that.

So when or if you go to a museum to see "that stuff" which a cross section of society views as art, do you ask the proprieter of the museum the same question you asked me?

Whether it be on a living canvas or upon a sheet of papryus, is art none the less negated?

7. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    How do you guys feel about tats on women?

Hope I don't offend anyone, but I can't help thinking "trash" when i see an otherwise pretty girl covered in ink.I think of my grandmother, and how disgusted I'd be if she had tattoos.

* Except the hotties with tats on their feet.Oddly, I find those very sexy, and easy enough to cover when she's old.

8. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    To me, it depends on the person and their choice of art. Seen some women with ink look pretty enticing while others have looked less desireable.

9. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    yeah man thank you i have been considering getting the zoso(jimmy page's symbol)for quite some time since i was about 16 I'm 20 now,i love the whole band but page is my favorite and life time idol,but when i seen this i thought it was even cooler since its the zoso base with all the other rune symbols joined in. this is just the plane zoso

http://www.0zzy.com/images/zoso1.gif

and yeah that bat looks awesome

10. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    to be straight up i think they horrible they ruin the woman beautiful skin

11. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Zoso, don't you think a woman may see the same in a man as being ruined by tattoos?

12. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    its not really art dude, by age 83 it will be a faded, unrecognizable, legion looking thing. Hell man I see 50-60 year olds which once had tattoos and turned into vomit shaped patches of god knows what color.

Also regarding the art theme, its pretty convenient to call tattoos art, given I don't consider it to be (just like modern impressionists) so I'll just call it poor art and i'm entitled to that opinion.

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Nipple piercings :nerd:

14. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Nope, 32 year old male.

Why are you bothered by what people think of you?

I'm sorry but that did make me laugh. Having a tattoo doesn't make you "hard", and it doesn't mean you're able to take physical pain any more than i am, it just means i wasn't willing to put myself through it for something i find pointless. I spent 5 years gaining my black belt - that doesn't mean you couldn't do it, just that you chose not to.

Very true, best use of the channel i find.

*facepalm*. Having a tattoo doesn't mean you live "outside" of society or are some rebellious anarchist whose tattoo says "screw the system". You're no more rebellious than anyone else. You have a job, pay taxes and probably a mortgage like i do.

Because you have a tattoo? Does that make you tough or it is supposed to dissuade people from "messing" with you? It wouldn't by the way. I've seen many total nancies covered in "hard man" tattoos

Absolutely respect this reason.

15. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    I am sorry, but that's just sad.

16. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I have about 7 tattoos 1 on my chest 2 on my back 2 on my right arm and two on my left and about all have meanings and i'll only comment on two of them because the other ones I wont tell just any one about and only a few people know what they mean.and im know as snake or anaconda at work because of my snake tattoo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    As for the Tattoos on women, same as that tattoos on men....some poeple like them and some people do not. Me personally, provided the tats are small and the right kind of art...no skulls and bones:) they look nice...to me. No tramp stamps!

The idea that tattoos make you a tough guy or show you can take more pain then another guy...is foolish and makes you sound like a little kid.
    You would be better off taking a self esteem class.

The one thing you have to remember and people say they know but often forget, they are there for LIFE.... So consider it very cafeully, something you think is cool these days may not look so cool later on.
    I would also suggest for the sake of employment in the future keep them where they can be covered if you choose. Not that I am saying you should be ashamed but it is nice to be able to hide them if you so wish. Some people look at them and figure they have you all figured out. Just my opinion but I come from a family with alot of ink so I have heard many veiws on the subject when I was growing up. Ultimatley though, it is your choice but remember thise choice last forever -unless you pay for laser removal which leave you with scars anyway.

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I always liked tattos and always wanted to make one or two so to commemorate my 20th birthday, i decided to have a tatoo. 4 hours and 250€ later and the ink was on my upper left side of my back. It´s been almost 8 years and i don´t regret it a bit!

As for tattos on women, as long as they are small and cool, i like them.

And as for the aging question of "when you´re 60 or more, your tatto is going to lot a ****ty piece of ink on your skin", i don´t mind it a bit because when i´m sixty i´m gonna look like **** anyway.

So decided with your heart if you really want a tatto!

19. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    No challenge intended by those posts dude. I gave representations only.

20. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Sorry you feel that way.

Indeed, you are. :)