The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New BIOS for ROG Crosshair VI

Fixed BIOS 0902, please update ASAP. Using this BIOS do not go above 1.20V on the CPU SOC Voltage. Before updating, restore CMOS default settings and make sure CPU SOC Voltage is below 1.0V (recommended value 0.95V), or use USB BIOS Flashback.

BIOS 0902 Prevents the random BIOS updating bug, please update to this ASAP. See instructions above.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jh6j4v8ezuqzy1u/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-0902.zip

2. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    “Partnering with AMD, one of the world’s leading technology companies, for our film’s ‘Meet Walter’ campaign aligned perfectly with our vision of the incredible potential of AI
    that Michael so wonderfully brings to life through Alien: Covenant’s Walter,” said Ridley Scott. “In AMD we have a partner at the forefront of developing and implementing artificially intelligent technologies,
    showcasing where the future of AI may well be heading.
    Bringing AMD into our longstanding collaboration with 20th Century Fox on the Alien films is inspiring and exciting.”

“AMD is at the forefront of advancements in AI, machine learning and at developing technologies which are used every day,” said Zachary Eller, Senior Vice-President, Marketing Partnerships.
    “Given their amelioration in these technologies, we knew this was the perfect partnership for our film.”

“Once we saw the great connection between ‘Alien: Covenant’, the ‘Meet Walter’ short and AMD processor technologies, including AMD SenseMI technologies in our new Ryzen processors, and our Radeon Instinct accelerators, this technology collaboration with Twentieth Century Fox and Luke Scott was one we couldn’t resist,” said Jim Anderson, SVP & GM Computing & Graphics Business Group.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twentieth-century-fox-amd-partner-140000250.html

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Where did you find this?

Just looked over at the official Asus M/B page and it's not listed yet.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ** Important Reminder **

There won't be any AMD versus Intel crap on this Sticky thread , consider this as a friendly reminder , next time i won't be so nice !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for the updates , information and pictures and thank you OnnA for the find on that Bios that helps not to bricked our Asus CH6 Hero motherboards. Lots of nice new Ryzen builts , i like.

My new victim just arrived today , ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 , this one it's my wifes built , will go with a R7 1700 and some 16GB Adata DDR4-2800Mhz , Cooler Master Hyper T2. Fun times ahead ...

[​IMG]

5. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    R7 1700 OC 4.0Ghz at 1.4V cooled by a Corsair H100. Temps reach 75C in less than a minute :3eyes:
    I'm really confused, don't think that's normal. What could be wrong?

[​IMG]

6. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    MSI B350 Tomahawk bios Version 1.15 now available (so hurry up, don't know how long will be available as it s still the MSI ftp link attached):

Changes/Improvements:

- Now the temperatures in bios are corect reported. Before 58°C now 36°C which comes inline with my exectation and IR measures.
    - SMT Option (and some other) for the CPU is available.
    - Because of lower temps now the FAN controllers are almost shuting down my fans:3eyes:.
    - XFR Looks to be more active/sharp right now!
    Edit: The POST time is much Shorter now ca. 4s (before ca. 20)!!!

Unchanged:
    - Long boot times not really changed. I still need ca. 20s until POST, after that is everything blazing fast and in Windows aswell.
    - Memory Settings
    - al others...

They say this version is more stable, well Version 1 was stable enough before. Bios update worked perfectly, never had the feeling it will brick:nerd:!

7. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu

8. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    These tests were made with the 1.15 bios already.

9. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    touch the back of the CPU and see if is correct. @ those temps you should feel it :wanker:.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, it all depends on how you look at it. If you pick the right games to benchmark, the result will be just what you might be looking for.

In theory, Ryzen should "only" be so much slower than a 7700k as its clocks and IPC are lower, for applications and games that don't make use of the additional cores.
    From the back of my head that should add up to ~20%.
    If these games start using more cores though, Ryzen can be much faster than the 7700k, naturally.
    Also, depending on what you're looking for (min/max/avg), results may also differ.
    Lately, many folks reported that Ryzen showed higher min fps and lower frametime variation than normal 4-core CPUs.
    I'm still waiting for a board to arrive so I can test things myself. It looks interesting, at least, but I'm sure to face problems here and there. My Z77 board died (again) and I just couldn't be ar*ed to get another board to run my 2600k in (I've been using it since launch and had at least 4 boards so far, all died...).

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not getting involved. Too many ifs involved in what you just said. I just go by numbers we're given by reviews. I'll leave the placebos to others.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Not talking about placebo. Just selection of benchmarks.

Just a single "if", and that's more than natural -> if more cores are getting used, a CPU with more cores will beat one with fewer cores.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What benchmarks?

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  17. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    http://www.thetechrevolutionist.com/2017/03/does-amd-ryzen-7-1800x-run-hot-simple.html

Their test reports 73C on Cinebench (which is already high for such a short benchmark), it comes more or less in line with my readings (Ryzen Master reports ~65, ~70C on HWiNFO).
    Thought it would reach and somewhat stabilize at these temps but they keep rising, I've reached 80C in 2 minutes on OCCT 4.5 which is definitely not appropriate.

18. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

What cooling are you using, air or AIO/CLC?

Secondly I would recommend to use Realbench than OCCT 4.5.0,if you want to use OCCT then I would suggest OCCT 4.4.2 which putting less stress on CPU than 4.5.0 version

If you search around few forums you will see 4.5.0 its sometimes creating too much heat in my many ways, its very similar to Prime95

I know on my 5820k running OCCT 4.5.0 usually ends with higher temps which I never seen in my workload, I render in 3DS Max with V-Ray, Corona etc and with these CPU renderers usually all cores are pegged to 100% and temps are very nice

Lastly, can you try SIV64 and report back temperatures

http://rh-software.com

But still I would wait on motherboard manufacturers to get grip with this as looks like they still don't know what or which sensor to use, mostly on Intel chips are you using PECI or PKG as reference

Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks, Jura

19. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Again thanks for keeping this up to date. I had seen a bios up date that JUST happen.. you had it here already haha

20. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    I have the 1700 in one system. I did over clock it to 3.7. The highest I could get the temp was 55c. This was at 1.3. It did work fine after that at 1.2.. anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.