Afterburner 1.5.0 Beta 2 (2009-12-09)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Due to slight mistake (me!! Sorry), the first Beta of Afterburner 1.5.0 is not suitable for public release, so we remove it as soon as possible. but no worry, here is Afterburner 1.5.0 Beta 2, I'm going to be excited...again!!

Unwinder implement many exciting new features in Afterburner 1.5.0, most of them are suggested by you, so please keep feedback to us, you and we can make Afterburner better and better.

1. Compact Skin: Some people love default big skin, some people like small one, so we include both, everybody is happy.
    2. Multi-Language: Starting from this version, Afterburner support multi-language function, please help us translate UI information, your execellent work will be included into final version.
    3. GT200 GPU Usage: Now we can monitor NVIDIA GT200 GPU usage in Afterburner, sweet!

[​IMG]

Download:http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup150Beta2.rar

- Added videomemory usage monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards under Forceware
    185.xx and newer drivers
    - Added GPU usage monitoring for NVIDIA GT2xx and newer graphics cards under
    Forceware 190.xx and newer drivers
    - Added VGA BIOS version detection for AMD graphics cards
    - Added optional ability to display hint messages in hardware monitoring window
    area. The messages notify the user about runtime profile management activity
    (such as profile creation, removal or applying) and other application events
    - Minor appearance tweaks in default skins
    - Added compact versions of default skins (default green, red and blue editions)
    - Now advanced MSI Afterburner properties also support floating tooltip based
    context help system similar to the main application window
    - Now MSI Afterburner supports RivaTuner's user extendable localization system.
    Currently localization system includes English and Russian language packs and
    affects the context help system and non-skinned advanced properties interface.
    Similar to RivaTuner, you can create your own language packs for your native
    language and share your work with MSI Afterburner users community!
    - Improved skin format. Now skinned fonts support characters remapping feature.
    All skins supplied with MSI Afterburner are using this feature, third party
    skin designers may decompile and peek into these skins to see an example of
    new feature usage
    - Now hardware monitoring window font size can be redefined via the skin, third
    party skin designers may decompile and peek into compact versions of default
    skins to see an example of new feature usage
    - Skin format reference documentation has been updated to v1.1 to reflect the
    format improvements mentioned above
    - Added shared memory interface allowing any third party applications to access
    MSI Afterburner hardware monitoring statistics. The interface is intended for
    future MSI Afterburner Vista / Windows 7 sidebar gadgets, however, the shared
    memory layout is publicly open so third party developers can use it to access
    MSI Afterburner hardware monitoring statistics from their own applications
    The SDK (included in MSI Afterburner distributive) contains open source sample
    demonstrating the access to shared memory from a third party application
    - Added command line switches for forcing MSI Afterburner to be minimized to the
    system tray area on startup or during runtime and for opening desired advanced
    MSI Afterburner properties tab. The switches are intended for interraction
    with future MSI Afterburner Vista / Windows 7 sidebar gadgets. Sample code
    included in the SDK also shows you how to detect, start and minimize installed
    MSI Afterburner, how to open desired tab in advanced properties and how to use
    MSI Afterburner profiles from third party applications
    - Reduced runtime skin engine footprint due to dynamic skin storage unloading

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Wow thats a good improvement

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Could someone create a plugin for Rainmeter? Please? :D

4. steponz

steponz Member

GPU:
    3 x Diamond 5870's
    No voltage change??? I would rather use this than SmartDoctor... Afterburner really puts it to shame.... I just need more voltage........ahhhhhhh.........

Please PM me back....

5. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    thanks that shared memory is really a great Idea.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

And we just don't need increased RMA rate, sorry. So voltage adjustment will be limited as it is now.

7. Unwinder

As you probably noticed, one of major feature upgrades in v1.5.0 is multilanguage support. I used flexible RivaTuner's multilanguage engine, which means that MSI Afterburner localization system fully user extendable just like in RT (i.e. you can create language packs for your native language yourself and attach it to MSI Afterburner without any problems). I'll be responsible for default (English) and Russian localization packs, MSI will also take care about Chinese localization. However, we'd like to add more languages to the installer. Anyone wish to help with translation to other languages?

8. ibitato

ibitato Guest

^^ if you want, I can take care of Spanish.

9. Unwinder

Sure, any localizations besides English / Russian / Chinese are wanted and welcome. It is really easy to add translations for new languages:

Taking Spanish as example:

1) Add new subfolder for your future translation to .\Localization folder, e.g. add "SPA" folder there.
    2) Add new file called "Description" there. It is a plain text file containing this localization description for UI and it contails full language name in English (it is easy just to copy Description file from "RUS" localization pack then edit it).
    3) Add "Help" folder to your localization folder (i.e. to .\Localization\Spa). This folder contains translations of all floating tooltips displayed when you're hovering mouse cursor over a control in MSI Afterburner. Just copy original English help files from .\Help subfolder in the applciation root folder and translate them.
    4) There can be one more subfolder called "Translation" in each locatization folder. It is used to translate the rest Afterburner GUI items (such as advanced properties, menus etc). Just copy it from RUS locatlzation pack and translate too. Translation files structure is rather simple, it contains the messages to be translated starting with #src prefixes and translated messages starting with #dst prefixes.
    Multilanguage system is flexible and both context help and GUI translation are optional, i.e. you can start with context help only.
    5) Upload the results here to let others to perform proofreading, then we'll include your pack in Afterburner.

10. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Ok, I'll prepare a "spanish" pack and post back.

Saludos.

11. Unwinder

Excellent, thanks in advance.

12. Unwinder

I'm receiving numerous questions about videomemory monitoring limitation on ATI graphics cards from users seeing some "political" reasons in it. Here are my comments: videomemory is virtualized under Vista and Windows 7 and not so far it was impossible to monitor videomemory usage at all under these OSes from user mode applications, because each process uses his own virtual videomemory aperture and actual videomemory usage was visible only to OS kernel and display driver, handling videomemory management. However, in the recent driver updates NVIDIA finally decided to open access to their internal videomemory manager statistics and provided special API for that. So it became possible only due to NVIDIA driver developers efforts. There are no such things in ATI driver. Once ATI find videomemory usage data useful for third party applications and provide an API for accessing it - it will be possible to monitor it on ATI too.

13. ibitato

ibitato Guest

do I translate the MAP file under help folder ?

14. Unwinder

Nope. That's a helper file that map internal .EXE numeric control IDs to help file names. It is not supposed to be transtaled and don't have to be copied to localized help folder.

15. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Just as I hoped :)

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Yay, working great here, thanks unwinder!

17. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    ! vram usage at last !

also, this is the first time I can monitor GPU usage of my 8800GT, without that annoying NVPerf tool. THANKS!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  18. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    A clock, on screen, ingame!!!!! Massive win!

Thanks a big one!

19. solidsteel144

solidsteel144 Active Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 5970
    For some reason the fan control doesn't work on my PowerColor 5970. :(
    I have to use Catalyst for that (sadly doesn't have fan profiling).

20. Unwinder

If it works via CCC, it should work via Afterburner too. Try to switch to different GPU in advanced Afterburner properties. It is really common and typical misunderstanding for 2x GPU card owners, you have 2 GPUs and only ONE fan controller connected to ONE of them and controllable only by it.