MSI Afterburner 4.0.0 Beta 9(2014-8-15)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Aug 15, 2014.

1. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Interesting. So this could help us identify when SLI is causing a power limit when it wouldn't do it running single card? Do you have any link to an nvidia doc explaining this new addition? I didn't see it in the general release notes. Thanks for the new functionality, you've clearly been motivated to take this product to another level. Kudos!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Important note on this feature for EVGA users:

As many of you noticed, EVGA completely stopped supporting EVGA Precision X 4.2.1 and removed it from downloads, which means that all skins designed for it by community are simply thrown away by some genius from the company. I decided to support all enthusiasts who worked hard on those skins and give those nice skins new life with special skin cross-compatibility layer integrated into MSI Afterburner 4.0.0. So now you can simply download absolutely ANY skin designed for EPX 3 or 4 (or even take EVGA's default skins from Precision distributive,) and use it with MSI Afterburner 4.

P.S. Also, unlike EVGA I absolutely respect my obligations per contract, so even considering that EVGA Precision is a dead project now MSI's 64-bit OSD exclusivity will be shifted pretty soon, in less than one month (in September). So those who legally own old good EPX 4.2.1 and still prefer it over MSI AB will get working 64-bit OSD pretty soon.

3. Unwinder

NVIDIA's own documentation on it is located in NVAPI and it is pretty limited.

4. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Yeah, I'm not on their NDA so all I have is access to their public API docs, which currently seem to only list up to v337. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait to see details :)

5. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Sweet, I look forward to it. I have been playing around with the graph mode (and the layered graphs) and it's pretty sweet but some times nothing beats easy to read numbers.

6. dgrigo

dgrigo Guest

GPU:
    TitanX
    Hey Unwinder,
    Downloaded the latest TPU (GPUz) and the tachometer works there now, does that mean it added low lvl control? Maybe you can check with w1zzard?

Thanks again

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  7. Unwinder

I have nothing to add to previously declared statements, sorry.

8. rafaprebianca

rafaprebianca Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Perfect!

9. GPU

GPU Guest

thanks

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nice update :)

One thing I noticed is that when the G19 is plugged in, I get a blank screen on the G13.

I prefer to monitor temps on the G13 and I was wondering if there was a way to output to the G13 without unplugging the G19 (and if there is not, is it planned).

Thanks.

11. Darkness Knight

Darkness Knight Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX970
    Thanks for this new update, but, the screenshot function don't work(?)

Salu2 - Darkness Knight

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    works here

13. Unwinder

There are no changes in screen capture implementation between the versions.

14. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Did you want a screenshot from your desktop?
    1. Look in the Info (the "i" on the right side near the top) and scroll a bit down to see if there are any "Active 3D Prcesses" which are not wanted.
    2. Note these .exe files
    3. Go to: Settings => On Screen Display => More
    4. Riva Tuner Statistics Server Settings will open
    5. For every noticed .exe file: at the bottom left click on the big +, type in the filename and set it's "Application detection level" to None

15. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Hmm i had to remove AB & RTSS config files and create new ones. With the old/previous ones auto prerecording started but screenshot and video recording were not working.

Anyway this small snag aside: great update. Im glad to see auto prerecording implemented. Some developers dont even reply to my emails much less implement a feature. So im suprised that my lone forum post went on to be a feature. Also hopeful that the audio exeption handling helps for longer sessions and avoid crashes i was having tho im yet to test this.

Keep up the good work Unwinder!

16. HAZ-MAN

HAZ-MAN Active Member

GPU:
    evga sc GTX 780 ti sli
    thank you for the app unwinder I app it. Now I am from usa southern ca. and applied the app to read temps in F not C because im an idiot when trying to do math lol and now im shocked at idle 1 card is sitting at 115 D f, and the other is at 127 D f. now im scared lol bfr the tray icon would say 55 or so lol . small question are these temps for idle reading on a web page normal or am I overclocking to much, for info have run lord of the rings online for hours maxed out for 3 years on these settings no lockups all at max settings on 47 inch 3d tv, 1920x 1080 120 hz

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    those sound like high temps for idling .
    question is what clocks are you idling at, there maybe background processes running that are raising your GPU clocks .

You can always make a fan profile and raise the low limit so fan idles at higher rate to keep it cool .
    Edit: your like 10c to high if it was a single card, just noticed you mention SLI so depending on how much room between cards your not to bad .

Also note when comes to GPU temps there are so many 3rd party HS/fan config that there no right answer as it depends on model .

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  18. samtroy

samtroy Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 780 Ti 3GB
    The Wolfenstein: New Order bug is still present in this beta.

The game does freeze on exit when Afterburner is active (Detection level: Low).

19. Unwinder

And it was repeated a few times that it is not RTSS issue. Use search please, I won't like to discuss the same things again. Thanks.

20. Unwinder

All

As you probably noticed from revision history we introduced serious improvements in skin format and skin engine in v4.0.0. However, default MSI Afterburner skins do not use new skin engine features yet (semi-transparent areas, edge antialiasing, PNG images with lower memory footprint etc). So third party skin designers cannot use currently available skins to learn new skin engine features usage. That is why I created a sample skin using new skin engine features as a tutorial for those who want to use design their own skins using new possibilities of skin engine. This sample skin was created using EVGA Precision X 15 concept art, so use it as skin creation tutorial only if you don't own EVGA card. ;) You can download it here then extract .RAR into MSI AB skins folder:

http://1drv.ms/1naD263