The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    There is no rhyme nor reason to my intermittent slowdowns and I have the latest patch applied. Quite honestly, it's not a big deal and easy to remedy. It is far less annoying than the dozens of freeze-ups I had with Fallout 3.

But man, I love playing this game in the middle of the night after the wife has retired. It gives a new meaning to the word "atmospheric" when used in reference to gaming.

2. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    woot!...I traveled back to The Swamps/Cordon to collect some rewards and to my surprise one of the rewards turned out to be 3 of the best equipment in the game...I received 1) SEVA suit (best anomaly/radiation protection suit) 2) Veles detector (best artifact detector) 3) Bubble artifact (best artifact with -6 radiation protection) :thumbup:

[​IMG]

3. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    Hi guys,I got some new stuff to play with.I compiled a mod with lots of russian stuff which give the game a new feeling.

Here is the link,
    CS Enhanced

Features:
    *new menu + music*

*New armor*
    -Clear Sky now can sell you a new jacket and the Clear Sky exoskeleton is available in the game
    -Sidorovich has several additional suits
    -Loner Cordon has a couple of new armors
    -Bandits has new outfits and the Bandit exoskeleton
    -Freedom has a extra suit
    -Loner Agroprom has new suits to sell now
    -Duty has its own Seva suit and an Duty exoskeleton
    -Sacharov has all high tech suits that doesnt belong to the factions or are from non-playable factions
    Author:taken from MWM MOD v. 0.1.Translated and adjusted by me

*sleeping bag*
    you can now sleep when you get tired.Sleep is random,you get dizzy if you need to sleep.
    Author:AMK

*gps tracker*
    This can be used to locate your stash in the Zone
    Drop one of these in your stash and you can always find it on your PDA
    Author:AMK,translated by me (note:there is still a russian text popping up when you activate the GPS-tracker)

*monster hunter*
    you can find mutant parts and sell them
    Author:Ceano and tweaked by me

*flash drive fix*
    The missing flash drive in Cordon is now in the game.
    Talk to Drifter,the guy you save from the dogs from the mission you get from Wolf in Village center
    Talk to the loner trader and the last one can be found on the millitary general after you attacked the vehicle yard
    Author:Gubr

*Artefact activation*
    You can activate some artefacts and create your own anomoly.
    Put the artefact in the pistol slot for activation.
    Author: meNt13

*changed tree textures for autumn season*
    Author : Michu

*carry guns on bases is allowed*
    Author: Helios

*better stashes*
    you can find better stuff in stashes.
    Author: myself

*Reworked ********
    The factions now sell only their own suits and weapons.
    Duty sell Duty armor and weapons and Freedom sells Freedom armor and weapons
    The Loners are selling whatever they find in the Zone but they are not allowed to sell Duty/Freedom special equipment.
    The secret *******(Agroprom and Red Forrest) are reworked and have a couple of artefacts to sell.
    All ******* can sell you their stuff without the need to gain in their ranks,for better prices you need to allie yourself with a faction.
    The Vintorez is replaced by the Val and the Bulldog is for sale by Hermit

*changed some background sounds in the night*
    Different sound with added monster sounds

*Small modification in the reward system*

*Hunger:you must eat,if you loose health that means that you must eat.Also eat before you sleep.

*NPC's have different weapons*
    GP36 added to Freedom,Vintorez replaced by the Val,lower rank squads are slightly better armed.
    Scars gun is now a very rare weapon in the Zone.
    Author: myself (not entirely because I did a lot of copy and paste from HCGM mod)

*Mod 'Mercenaries' 0.62_p4:
    Adds the possibility to recruit troops.
    You can hire a squad to go along with you,

- To recruit a squad talk to the commander and maybe he is willing to go along for a fee.
    - Prices vary depending on rank and the faction.
    - The squad can be ordered to wait so you can scout first.
    - Number of employed squads is limited, depending on the rank of Scar.
    - You can give weapons to every NPC.
    Author: Rulix (also known as Bak),translated by me

*Backpack mod
    Adds the possibility to lay down a backpack and create your own stash anywhere you want.
    Author: AMK ,translated by me

*Added various new inventory items including new medkit,bandage,antirad,joints,beer,water and food.
    You can also find them in stashes.

This mod is build and tested in 1.5.07

Special thanks to 'burger' from GSC forums for helping me and lots of others with some issues and all the authors from the mods I used.

I also translated a big Russian mod called OGSM(Old Good Stalker Mod)
    You can download that mod here,
    OGSM

patch OGSM

Translation OGSM

Features OGSM:
    - The player now starts the game with a new object in the inventory 'Experimental PDA'. It will mark the personal notes as well as a variety of useful information on monsters, locations, groups and legends of the zone.
    - The first steps in changing the war factions (currently only in the swamps).In order to establish control over the marshes it is necessary to capture a number of key points. There will also be evident how the ERs and renegade militias in terms of resources. After the end of the plot on swamps simulation war groups independently continue, you can take in moderate involvement or you can go to the Cordon.
    - The majority of the NPC's have a new line of dialogue 'DO you know any stories?'. Now, if you're lucky, NSP can tell an interesting story on the Zone, its history and inhabitants, and this information is further displayed in the new PDA.
    - Corrected one-deteriorating relations with the bandits in cordon-and Agroprome in the performance of the secondary quests.
    - Significantly reworked the final episode of the game: force the shooter off Elektra in his head, EM1 gun and rifle FN-2000 now have to search in the territory of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, off invulnerability among warring factions of stalkers, all without exception monolitovtsy will now attack the player.
    - Fixed inability to use the sniper bullet 9h39 and armor for 7.62h54 «Thunderstorms», «Wall», «Vintoreza» and PTP, respectively.
    - Fixed icons Wincheaster 1300, LR-300, SIG-550 and ??-14 «Groza-12», is not appropriate appearance weapons.
    - Integrated "Artefact Respawn Fix" of Pavlov. Now the artifacts in the anomalous zones will be re «born» shortly after the removal of the previous ones.
    - Adjusted basic characteristics of all weapons in the game. Now, each weapon actually has its advantages and disadvantages.
    - Global redesigned the entire system upgrades.
    - Adjusted characteristics of damage in different types of ammunition.
    - Fixed aiming at the SPAS-12 and AC «Shaft».
    - Fixed many bugs related to the operation, icons and descriptions of weapons and upgrades.
    - Adjusted assortment of all merchants and their extensions as the respective groups. Also returned to the sale of all weapons and munitions that the game has never and nowhere appear «on the shelves».
    - Restored full dialogue with Sidorovich after the return of loot.
    - Restored dialogue with Forester,added questions about the repair.
    - Corrected improvement in relations with «duty» and «Freedom», from the implementation of primary and secondary jobs.
    - New awards for the assistance with the destruction of war on Cordon.
    - Slightly adjusted some of the characteristics of the lowest artefacts.
    - Increased the range and brightness of the flashlight.
    - At the beginning of the freeplay the extra equipment is removed.
    - Fixed the missing explosion and the actual killing of the first machine gunner in the hospital.
    - Fixed possible loss of factions key characters on bases.
    - Fixed the sudden death of Wolf's brother and Drifter.
    - Replaced the image of some locations on the loading screen, atmospheric pictures from unused materials.
    - Weapons on bases are allowed
    - Strengthened resistance to tearing some stalkers.
    - Fixed the lack of description on the global map 'stronghold' renegades near the bridge.
    - Added freeplay and the missing level changers between the levels
    - At all locations, new monsters added: chimera, cats, byurery, fractures, zombies, rats, and all others. All monsters respawn.
    - In the Agroprom underground the rodents are replaced with rats
    - In Limansk bandits key point are now hold by renegades to prevent the deterioration of relations with the bandits.
    - New suits and armor can be upgraded with prescribed upgrades.
    - NPC can now die from bleeding.
    - NPC CAN now help to heal seriously wounded comrades, as well can heal themselves.
    - With NPC you can now trade more.
    - Restored and adjusted quest Inquisitor(Zookeeper) 'Find a map of migration' (only available before flooding the underground).
    - Added dynamite in the game for any kind of demolitions from a distance
    - Added Hospital level on the main map On a global map of the Zone map derived Hospital.
    - Added the names of the locations and of the key points on the map when you hoover your cursor over them.
    - Reinforced under-barrel grenade.
    - Reduced accuracy and knockdown ability gunner at the checkpoint at Cordone.
    - Fixed the inability to drag and drop objects in the Seva suit.
    - Added all the missing suits and armor from all the factions.
    - You can find suits on corpses.The trader prices are adjusted accordingly to that.
    - Added monster parts.
    - Added hunger.
    - Added radio, harmonica and guitar which can be used to make music.
    - Vodka gives a short-term protection against mental influence and restoring mental health.
    - You can drag small objects and the corpses of monsters.
    - indicators of hunger and sleep.
    - indicator on the screen for mental health status.
    - Added clock on the game screen (for normal and widescreen monitors).
    - New indicators for radiation exposure and broken weapons(for normal and widescreen monitors).
    - Added effect of the critical injuries.
    - Added view of a third person.
    - Added onscreen information for stash info
    - Removed flashing disc icon.
    - sleeping bag,you can sleep and dream.
    - Added transparent tools.
    - New bloody marks. Blood is now greater.

And lots of other changes.This mod is adjusted for version 1.5.08.
    Author: DEXXX

Imageshack dont work so there are no pics and the use of these mods is at your own risk.

4. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Great job;)
    Going to try put them in my list to try later.

5. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    Excellent job RemCo. I was looking for a mod like this for a while now. I just got out of the swamps and so far its great. The mercenaries mod was a huge help since the AI got stuck looking for someone on their way to the last farm area. I just hired a guy and cleared out the farm and was able to progress.

Its definitely worth another play through but I didn't install the OGSM mod since I didn't see it was a separate download. Is it worth restarting for?

6. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Wow great, it seems ill have to play CS again. :)

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Awesome. thank you very much for share. but unfortunately i cant download from filefactory :(. anyone pls can u upload to rapidshare.com? thanx.

8. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I'm having no luck either downloading it, has anyone got an alternate link?

9. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
  10. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Cheers Famous!

11. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Yes indeed great work RemCo, excellent work in fact! Although I bought this game the day before it was released (and got a copy with no key which is the reason many shops took them off the shelf the first day) I hadn't really started playing it until a few weeks ago. At the moment I've only got the CS Sharper Textures and Map Pack (shows names on the PDA map) installed but I really want to try this.

However you mentioned in your post that its only been tested with 1.5.07 (except for the translation mod which was tested with 1.5.08), does anyone know yet if RemCo's mod (posted above) works properly with the newest patch 1.5.08?

One last question in regards to your mod RemCo, do you know if the mod will work with a current game or should it only be used on a new game? Thanks for all the time and effort you spent on the mod and for your help with my questions!

12. Smellbow

Smellbow Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Do those mods work together or is it one or the other only?

About to reinstall CS to try them out. Been looking for a reason to reinstall it :)

13. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    I have the Steam version so I'm assuming its at version 1.5.08 and its been working fine so far.

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks very much Famouse, appreciate the help!

15. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    :cops:Just to make things clear, those mods do NOT work together.:cops:

Some people are playing it under 1.5.08 with no problems but there were some reports about the main menu not working properly.
    A new game is recommended because the new stuff in stashes can be activated that way.Also all the other new stuff wil be loaded from the beginning preventing issues but the mod can work over a older game if no other mods were used, not recommended tho.
    Yes,OGSM is the best mod I have played and this mod does require a new game or it wont work.

Damien,here you got the sky textures from Full Realism Mod,
    http://rapidshare.com/files/211517635/Sky_textures.rar.html
    It can only be downloaded 10 times so be quick:)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009

16. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    It looks like two more play-throughs for me then. :)

Thanks again for your hard work.

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I decided to try and give this game another go, to see if perhaps the latest patches have done anything to stability. However, a stuttering that I cannot remember being there before now appears, and it's very annoying. Is there any known setting causing this?

18. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    AMK are modding CS - my prayers have been answered!

19. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Who is AMK?

20. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    I don't know 'who' they are in reality. But they modded the c*ap out of S:SoC and basically made the game totally anew. I heard they mostly broke up.
    I see now their Sleeping Bag mod poping up for S:CS so I guess somethings happening.
    Anyway I LOVED AMK for S:SoC, hope they revamp CS!