Titanfall: Xbox One vs PC Graphics Comparison

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Thanks HH, horrid FOV on the xbone to begin with ..

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    xbox one seems darker, like its using Ambient Oclusion , while the pc version does not.
    Some textures are also different. when shooting with the bazooka gloves are greyish white on the xbox one and yellow on the pc version.

4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    That's because Xbox One uses some sort of color scaler that darkens their games more. I remembered seeing this with BF4.

Hell the game runs at like 792p, which is pretty sad.

5. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Not impressed with this comparison and even tho PC looks better then xbox, what a terible comparison is this even for real?

Or is Titan limited to 1080p?

Titan if i must believe this video looks even terible on PC.

The difference between xbox and PC is not that big in this video but we all know if a high end PC run games on 2560x1440 its light years ahead of XBOX or PS4.

So whats deal here with these video's?

Is titan a bad console port(i think it is)?

Can someone make a real comparison if even posible with highend pc on 2560 resolution and show how badly consoles are?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    give us a campaign if you want some guru love.

7. frankgom

frankgom Guest

GPU:
    2 x NVIIDA GTX 780ti SLI
    These kind of videos don't really show the real thing if I have to choose beetwen plaforms based on this I'll always get the cheaper one . Cause they look quite the same.
    I play titanfall on a 780ti sli rig at 1440p with really good antialiasing enhancements that go way beyond what the game option offers, textures are ultra clear and framerate is constant 60 fps.

8. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Nothing like this was even possible when PS I was launch, this shows how much ground did console gaming lost in favor for PC gaming.
    To have weaker consoles at launch (comparing to a PC) is like giving 500 Euros just to play at it for max 1 year after that it will be way behind the PC and if you think that a new console is out every 4 years at least (if you look at XBOX 360 launch 2005 and XBOX one 2013 then you get 8 years) then .... in 4 years it will be like a chariot vs a car.
    Even now is like a Ferrari vs a BMW a high spec PC beats a console every day.
    So what is the point to buy it except the games that are exclusive for console, but if no consoles to make them for them more exclusive games for console will move to PC. SO a win for PC and smartphones gaming.

9. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    'a high spec PC beats a console every day." No **** Sherlock.. Btw have you seen steam surveys? About 60 to 70% of pc gamers have similar perofromance or worse than a ps4. High end pc gamers are actually a minority. And looking at that comparison video actually not that big of a difference if your not staring at them and looking for the differences especially if your siting in a couch.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^agreed. The rez was the only thing that stood out, or may have just been the lack of AA.

Cant wait to see the 360 version, im betting they'll dumb it down more than needed and make it look like the ugleist 360 game ever, just to make the one version look better.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Oh i see, this is very interesting indeed.

Well some people need confirmation over and over to justify their hate against consoles :)

12. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    yep run the game @ 2560 x1600 and look so nice. consoles have not got the power.. pc all the way for me ...:D

13. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    PC seems to have better lighting and clearer.

14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Using a video compressed for the internet?

No it's not possible.

To do that you would need a many gb x264 or even better x265 video. Nobody waste so much bandwidth for that.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That is what i was thinking, only lighting and sharper image, must be due higher resolution.

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Honestly when the 360 launched it was closer to a mid range PC than the xbox one and ps4 are.

My pc is 4 years old. It's an old core i5 750 i run with xmp profile. The only thing i upgraded for gaming in this pc is the ram (went from 4gb ddr1600 to 8gb ddr1600) and the gpu (went from a 5850 to 670oc).

I got 2 free games i wanted with the 670oc. I also sold my 5850 80$. So effectively the 670oc cost me around 200$. The ram upgrade was really cheap.

This 4 years old PC i upgraded for a mere 250$ (approx) is as powerful as an xbox one anyway for now. One of my friend got an xbox one and AC4 doesn't look better on the one in fact i would say it looks slightly better on my PC.

This is sad. When i got my 360 i had an old PC too and the 360 had better gfx than my old PC. Actually i did not play PC games for about 2 or 3 years because of that i upgraded my PC only when a mid range PC could destroy the 360.

From what i see right now i might even skip this gen and just upgrade my PC next fall or spring. Gonna wait to see what happen with directx 12, mantle and g-sync.

17. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    It's possible the darker image on the xbox one is due to HDMI and RGB setup.

The xbox one will have crushed blacks like that when HDMI (Auto) and RGB Full are selected.

18. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Hmmm...

Eh, that was exactly the guys point. If these consoles are mid-range stuff at launch, they will get old _very_ fast. Both companies have claimed these consoles will be available longer than the previous ones, meaning about 10 years. Just imagine PC gaming after 10 years from now.

This brings us to another point. When PC is superior to consoles even now at launch, it is quite silly that X1 and PS4 fans fighting over PS4's performance "advantage". If you buy gaming machine just because of gaming performance, PC is a no-brainer. Most people are probably choosing a console for other reasons than that and gaming performance is not a deal-breaker. X1 has much more potential for all that other stuff. But I dont really care, because PC has best gaming performance and best all that other stuff too.

19. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Valve, AMD and nVidia will have to step up cause even if MS like to sugar coat the truth i can tell you they will continue to ignore PC gaming for the next 10 years and even do what they can to make it worse like they did with Games for Windows Live.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Honestly I am loosing faith in this site every day.

Even in the youtube compressed video the difference was pure and simple, the PC dominated the XB1 version in every single way.

Textures are higher resolution, XB1 looks muddy and washed out. Just look at those textures on the hands, inside the titan cockpit!

Lighting dominates with HDR, better god rays, light shafts, and the light actually bounces off the players clothes and skin on the PC version.

PC also dominated in terms of AA and AF, you can see the line on the grass where the textures decrease and increase on the XB1 version more than likely 8xAF or even 4xAF with how bad it looks. The XB1 version also must be using FXAA as it looks blurry and washed out.

Also, what the hell is this screen tearing I am seeing on the XB1 version? The PC version was completely vsync'd the whole time and yet the XB1 version contains runt frames all over the place.

Lackluster dust/particle effects, shadows are blocky and more or less static on the XB1 version. Look again at the tree shadow on the door way and compare them... The PC version you can see the shape of the leaves in the shadows on the XB1 version all you see is a block.

Honestly I could go on about how terrible the XB1 version is compared to the PC version. Let alone the XB1 version is 792p or something stupid variant of that and it STILL can't keep 60fps solid!!!

I am sure I seen digital foundries or some other company did a test to measure the actual fps on XB1 and when everyone has a titan out or there are more than 4 of them on the map at once the fps plummets into single digits!!!! (and no its not a connection issue). I played the beta on PC and there was 8 titans on one map and it never dipped below 60fps.

How on earth some of you can't tell the difference or don't think its so big you are either blind or you were stupid enough and went out and brought an XB1.