1 Million PlayStation 4 Units Sold in First 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 18, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    LOL beat me too it! I was going to be nice and say 700,000 actualy function properly.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Guess I got one of the 5 then. Why do you guys on here have to bash on consoles do they scare you that much? Your closed minds and bitterness will keep you from enjoying good games (when they come out).

4. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    I am anti-console because consoles keep PC gaming back to a large degree. Consoles put a strangle hold on most of the major game makers and this in turn effects us all. I am also against consoles because they also dumb everyone down. All the teenagers that are gamers have this "console" mentality and are too lazy to learn how to game on a PC.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And your elitist mentality is harmful to new users of PC pushing them to consoles you see the cycle here.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    PC gaming holds itself back, it's a pain to develop for and a pain to use.
    Mantle could well change that though, but for most adults with limited free time it's more hassle than its worth.

I'm first and foremost a PC gamer, but I'm not part of those that live in the denial bubble, and what most people don't realise or want to realise is that without consoles there would be a lot less PC games to play.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  7. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    I am a realist not an elitist!

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm the same way I love my PC but there are some really good games that are console exclusives: Gran Turismo, Uncharted, the last of us, the Halo series, God of War I can keep going. Console pushes PC as much as PC pushes console.

Fixed that for you.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  10. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    LOL made me laugh!

11. DarkSayianSilva

DarkSayianSilva Active Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980 TI STRIX
    40%

Is it just me or am I missing the part where they said 40% or so(a ball park estimate) of that supposed initial demand is/was from nut jobs who went out to by a ps4 just shoot it with a 50 call, smash it up with a bat, microwave it just to call it art to try and sell for absurd amounts, and so on and so on yea in reality false numbers why the **** people would waste money like that blows my mind they ought to be removed from society or something really erks my chain to see that crap. "sighs" rick folk who don't know the true value/meaning of money or the amount of work that went into the making of the ps4/Xbox1 my thoughts anyways.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  12. DarkSayianSilva

DarkSayianSilva Active Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980 TI STRIX
    Its not so much about interactive movies as it about the fact that we now have high speed internet and its pretty much standard that councles be connected at some point for verification purposes and what not. See back then there wasn't as much push/need to be connected in order to play or do patching in fact no patching post release of games was done if im right so what im getting at is back then stuff worked and was better because it had to be as not much could be done post release and the market wasn't as big so in order to do well and get the systems and games to become popular demand that's how it was. Fast forward to today devs and game compaines now had the damn staples easy button to say to some degree as its like we will just patch the issues post release and we all know how that turns out and even more so they are being pushed by companies executives and what not for faster releases most likely reason cash grabs. Keep in mind back in the day games took on average about 5 or so years to release not the 1 of the same game type every year we have now and were much more imaginative in some case, In short the fourth coming of the net and the idea of patching is why games tend to suck or have manny issues that allmost never get resolved as in reality there pushing games out way to quick before devs have a chance to fully utilize the new tec that keeps coming out they need to stop pushing new gaming hardware tec that is only marginally better each time and creats loads of issues out of the box and let developers fully understand and utilize current tec before we make new stuff and then gaming will be where it was say 2002 or so also they need to stop wasting time on fads or ideas that will never pan out like 3d and vr gaming and we will be good my 2 cents anyways cheers

13. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    ps4 should still be a choice when xbone will be released. Less worse =)

14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I don´t find a better thread to post this, so i post here.

I´ve been seeing a debate in the internet where it´s speculated that ps4 can run 1080p and xbox1 only 720p. 720p?? Anno 2013, 720p?? lol

Can someone confirm this or share new info regrding this? Just for the lulz factor...720p...

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    cod ghosts for ex.: 720 upscaled to 1080 on xbox720, and on ps4 native 1080.(this is confirmed)
    also, users here are reporting shadow fall to have uber graphics too.
    game devs came out a few months back and said the difference between the two was 'noticeable' also.

16. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    From what I read everything before PS4 or Xbone was all an upscale which we all know isn't true HD. But it made all the PS3/Xbox owners feel better which is all that matters. Heck, most of them don't even understand was upscale truly means anyways. Now I *think* consoles have finally enough hardware to render true 1080P. Welcome to the year 2005/2006 for PC which I am pretty sure is when PC gaming hit 1080P standard.

So now all the console fan-boys have finally caught up to where PC was back 8 years ago now! I really don't even see how this is something to brag about. It actually shows just how far console gaming is behind PC gaming. For me at least this is pretty sad and just backs up my point or rant about consoles in general in that they hold back gaming in general too much...

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the point is pc for gaming = £1000, console that runs native 1080 = £350 -£400.
    that is the point.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Shadow fall SP does have some frame drops though.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Loophole35, is that first hand experience or reports you've read?

As for where consoles are right now, they are bang on level with PC gaming at the moment, (PS4 anyway, Xbox looks like it needs some work) clearly well behind a high end PC but the majority of PC gamers don't have high end setups.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I agree to a degree, apart from tressFX 2.0 and PhysX, don't see consoles being able to run tressFX in tomb raider for ex.