Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Ghosty, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I have a 'Lightning Samurai Set pre-order bonus' up for grabs if anyone wants the code.

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    That one gets better after that.

You get to meet the other Characters. What i like about the game that it is explorable (though a little) but the combat is very nice and free. Also there is a subtle acts on interacting with the other characters with the Main character based on the area and depends on where you go during a specific time the characters will understand (like,not like) each other.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Bought on xbox360. Interestingly It cost me much lower on it. Odd.

Will play tonight hopefully. Hope It is not so complex

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Apparently the game just throws you into it without a difficulty ramp up. Cancelled my pre order though, used that money to get south park, I'm sure this will be half price within a couple months

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    NEver beate FF13 probably never will I despise the whole battle system and the fact you dont actual control our other party members, these "sequel" i dont care for either and FF15 Looks to be more hacks slash then the FF RPG I grew up playing. In my eyes SQE died after FFX.

I liked all the battle systems up to FFX everything after that was NOT what FF games was and is to me.

Most the rpg game I like or have battle system I like seem to come from NIS and those other obscure Japanese companies that remember what a jRPG is

Bravely defualt probably only good JRPG to come out SQE in every long time and that is on handheld much like all the DQ games after DQ8

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You know it's bad when the new South Park game has more in common with a traditional FF game than Square Enix's own games do.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    just started to play. hmm. this is not TURN BASED game man. action. u can run and do ur stuff in real time. what happened to TURN BASED systems these days? isn't there a good turn based non movable combat system game? l

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not on consoles and not from SQE, NIS and few other Obscure Japanese game makers still do this. but good portian of those turnbased rpg turn out to sRPG but there still the closest thing to what FF use to be.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    This is one of the reasons I didn't buy it in the end. The FF series has really done down hill in the last couple of years. FFXV on the PS4 has nothing in common with a traditional Final Fantasy game either, sadly.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    what to play then? no turn based RPGs properly? in PSN i saw some new titles r coming but no idea how the gameplay. shame.

but loving this game anyway. smooth. okay gameplay. just bash buttons ...lame but ok.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    If you have a 3DS then bravely default.

South park of course coming soon (2 weeks).

Not sure what else there is new.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Agarest war series is rather good but more srpg not high production value, but if you like Sprite bases characters you be in heaven well the 2nd agarest war is hd sprites the first and zero are rather low res sprites. there are riddled with slow down for some reason though

13. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    All this talk about FF13-3 makes me want to finish Lost Odyssey for the 360. Awesome story and combat is good as well. And also the turn based games have moved to mobile systems like the 3DS