AMD HD 7950 Saphire or AMD HD 7950 Saphire OC Edition

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Edde, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    wait for kepler. if it beats the 7970 you can get that. if it causes the 7970 to be cheaper you can get the 7970. my advice is to wait a little longer

2. Edde

Edde Guest

GPU:
    AMD SAPHIRE 7970 - 3 Giga
    Thank you TK for your advice. But I am designer(work with 3D ) and I am loosing money with my computer I have now, I can´t wait no more than 15days to build the new one. I really need to finish the computer as soon as possible.

ANd the HD 7990 It will cost about $ 850 !!! Is very expensive for me. :)

" HD 7990 New Zealand 849 $ 2 x 3GB Mid-March to April"

Thank you for your advice, I am glad.

Edde

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Take the sapphire 7950 OC version if you cocncerned with heat/noise as it comes with a great cooler that is quieter and with a nice factory overclock as well which brings it to the same eprformance level as a standard 7970 anyway.

Also i'd stay away from XFX non reference cards, XFX tend to use cheaper VRMs on their cards, as well as cheaper/noisier fans and this was shown in a lot of reviews for the xfx 79xx series cards, espeially when compared to the sapphire 79xx series cards.

Check this Anandtech review (below) that showsed the spphire 7950 to be 14c cooler and 4 DB quiter than the xfx 7950 DD with both at factory clocks of 900Mhz. The XFX has a 10% higher memory OC but that's not going to be a major issue unless you think you'll be memory bandwidth bottlenecked, being a graphics designer that could be handy but it's something you'll have to look into.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5476/amd-radeon-7950-review/16

4. Edde

Edde Guest

GPU:
    Thank you, BlackZero. I agree with you.

I was thiking only between AMD SAPHIRE 7950 oc and 7970. But I going to get the 7950 OC. I think ( today) is the best choice.

Best Regards,

Edde

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Those Sapphire coolers are really good like BZ said.

I read a HardwareCanucks article which tested coolers on 6-7 different ATI cards and the Sapphire Twin-Fan beat out all of them. Not only was it quieter it was also about 10c cooler under load.

In fact they are so good that my GPU idles at 34c even tho my fan is running at just 10%..

6. Edde

Edde Guest

GPU:
    Thank you Pill Monster. I bought it today ! Woot Woot!
    I will receive in my house in about 2 days. :) Thank all people that helped me here, I am very help. People here reall knows about hardware.

But now ( LOL) I have a last question.( shame here)

Well, everybody knoes I use only intel items. ( because I need a very stable system)

I have a old computer, more than 5 years old working perfectly with mobo D975XBX2 and Core 2 quad Intel and I never had any issue.

Now I am going to build a new PC as people know here at Guru3D.

I am not decided about mobo intel DZ68ZV or DZ68BC

I made a phone call to some stores and 2 sellers said me . "Edde, well...I´ve heard about some issues with MOBO INTEL DZ68ZV and others with the skull on board"

my question is: is it true? or only isolated cases?
    Click in reviews (the right side on top near the eggs)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121549&Tpk=Intel BOXDZ68ZV

Or this issue is not true?
    Or just isolated cases or bad configurations?

Anybody here head something in any forum on internet?

What's the more stable LGA 1155 mobo in world today?

Thank you in Advance.

Best Regards,
    Edde

7. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    I have to say when people say "I only buy Intel because I need stability" I kinda laugh...

8. Edde

Edde Guest

GPU:
    Hello, tyRant.964. Thank you for your reply.

Well. I had other computers with Asus and gigabyte mobo and I had died mobo and issues. My computer I have ( see in my avatar ) I never had a problem in 4-5 years of use. Sometimes my computer stay turned on about one month with nobreak and works perfectly. All intel ( processor and mother board.)

My question is about present days, Intel is not good anymore in mobos?

9. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    Thats not what I was implying. AMD makes perfectly reliable hardware, just as much as Intel's. Intel might be the speed demon but, AMD is still rockin. Gigabyte is awesome however!

10. Edde

Edde Guest

GPU:
    Oh, I see. Sorry my bad English. :)

But these mobos intel DZ68ZV or DZ68BC, are good ones or It is having issues?

I want my system all intel hardware.

Thank you in advance.