CyanogenMod 11 M3 builds now rolling out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    To those interested, you can visit the CyanogenMod download page and you'll see CM11 M3 builds are starting to roll off the servers. "M" builds are milestones along the development proc...

CyanogenMod 11 M3 builds now rolling out

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    cool, thanks for the heads up.

3. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Been already running KitKat on my N7000 since a fortnight or so. HAH! (Actually, I'm running Paranoid Android, hence why I've already got KitKat. It is still in beta.)

On a more serious note, though, I can't wait to see my friends' faces turn to awe when CyanogenMod is released for their particular phone. It was a breath of fresh air when I did away with the Touchwiz interface (i.e. Samsung's interface and apps that replace the default ones). Stock Android is so much lighter! Plus, KitKat is definitely smoother than Android's previous versions, what with the lower RAM requirements.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Touchwiz is aweful despite having some cool stuff. when i bought my S3 i knew it was fast i saw it, but it could barely handle this samsung crap. well i went for custom rom best decision ever, the phone FLIES

5. MaskedMuchaco

MaskedMuchaco Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming (H2O)
    That's nothing special, I've been running kitkat (cyanogenMod 11) for over a month on both my 600mhz single core ZTE Blade and my barnes and noble Nook HD(nearly 2 months), it really does make a huge difference on low powered devices like the Blade with slow CPU's and only 512mb RAM. :)

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I also been running CM11 nightlys on my huawei Y300 and i´m loving it.

7. Andrés

Andrés Guest

I think I'm ready to try it (Samsung Galaxy S3, currently on CM 10.2) when they release a RC. The only thing I HATE about this current version (Android 4.3.1) is that bluetooth sucks, stutters all the time, I can't use it at all. It seems this has been a common bug in the whole world, I hope it is fixed in CM 11.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Was on a CM 11 nightly a few days ago. Unfortunately theres always some sort of deal-breaker that prevents me from sticking with the nightlies. Omni-Rom 4.4 looking good so far, may stick a bit longer with that.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I quite like touchwiz. Running stock samsung with some xposed module tweaks, custom roms are a well and good, but I don't want to have to deal with all the compromises and disadvantages that come with them.

10. orky87

orky87 Guest

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    Try Slimroms (SlimBean or SlimKAT) !!

If you want a light weight ROM Slim is the one to go for, it's minimal, fast and has great Dev support.

PS: dump Play Store and install Aptoide if you want freedom!! You'll thank me later..

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    IS there a version for S3 Mini i1890N

12. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Same here. Using an S3 Stock with all the Samsung crap removed. The phone is simply fast when nothing from Samsung is installed.

13. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I've been on stock Samsung ROMs with both SGS2 (Siyah Kernel) and Note 3. They work pretty well, and you haven't got compatibility issues. They improve TouchWiz with each release. I gave it a try, but returned to Nova Launcher pretty soon as it makes using the phone so much better.

Still, CM is a good option if you're on some older phone and want to try KitKat.

14. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I been using it on my galaxy tab 2 p3110

I cant even go back to stock.

I never made a back up and I tried to download the newest stock but there was 2 releases. the first has wifi issues. and thats the one I found. but I cant find good server to download the fixed stock version.

15. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Nope, that's nothing special. That's why I said that I wasn't being serious. ;)

Well, I ain't a big fan of Touchwiz, though I do find it a bit too colorful. The thing is, I have an older phone, and I wanted a smoother experience. Had I owned an S3, I don't think I would've bothered with custom ROMs that early.

You are right about compromises and disavantadges. Oftentimes, there's that lil' feature that's missing and you can't do much about it. For instance, my phone doesn't pick up some wifi networks anymore, so I have to enter everything manually or use WPS.