Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    First purchased: December 2012
    Returned: December 2012

Awful game selection.. No real bread winners.. It lasted two weeks

Repurchased: November 2014
    Returned: Over my dead body

Holy hell what a difference time makes.. The lineup is awesome.. The Wii U while under powered has a damn great lineup of just pure fun games.. I've had it again a month now and have purchased seven games already.. Love this console and easily now one of the most underrated.

Mario Bros U: Awesome
    Super Mario 3D World: Awesome
    Sonic Allstar Racing: Awesome
    Mario Kart 8: Awesome
    Nintendo Land: Great mini games
    Mass Effect 3: Holds up well. Great game
    Wind Waker HD: Duh.. One of the best.

Will buy next paycheck

Bayonetta 2
    Pikmin 3

And Wind Waker HD looks incredible.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Atm owning Bayonetta 1/2, Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Windwaker, Super Mario 3d World, Nintendo Land. Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Pikmin 3. Zombi U and Hyrule Warriors I love all of these games :D Compared to X1 where I have 2 games as of now + the free stuff I've gotten. It is hands down the best console atm the Wii U.

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Actually.. I own more games.. I only counted physical copies.. In total (physical + eShop) I have 14 games..

Sonic Allstar Racing is one of the best Kart Racers next to Mario Kart..

BTW: How is Wonderful 101.. I heard everything from best game ever, to worst game ever.. Seems like a love hate thing with that game

[​IMG]

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well it isn't the most simple game since the mechanics controlling your heroes is loads of drawing shapes of swords and fist for example. But it is a lot of fun, viewtiful joe fun. I would say if you like games with puzzle elements and isometric camera it would be perfect. The world is vibrant and the game is rather imaginative.

I think most criticism came from sexual-jokes. Well it is teen rated game so no idea why :D

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Quoting from the Zelda thread

It's not even missing DLLs etc.. Usually most PC games run out of the box now a days. It's just the big names aren't churning out anything I haven't seen before. Assasins Creed Unity.. Same exact game as, AC2, AC3 / AC4, in a different setting. You're bored to death 1/2 through because it's the same redundant routine.. Watch Dogs.. Overhyped garbage. FC4.. Same game as FC3 in a new world.. The list goes on.. The graphics change, the gameplay and core stays the same.. And let's not even get into COD... The king of cash cowing it in.

Nintendo is willing to take chances so their games don't become redundant formulas.

Look at all the direction changes and risks Nintendo took keep Zelda relevant. From overhead, to side scrolling platformer, to 3D, to Cell Shading, to now almost a Skyrim like take on the series.

Mario has gone through just as many transformation changes.. The concept stays the same but the approach constantly changes keeping it fresh.

Then their originals are just that.. Pikmin, Captain Toad, Wonderful 101.. It's refreshing to see on a console different risks of what a "game" is and succeeding.. Nintendo reminds me of Steam greenlight offerings without being in alpha stages.. The greenlight games are usually the more innovative PC games but usually are never finished to completion and miss that "sweet spot" to make you invest fully in them.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    My dispatcher had me post near a Gamestop today.. Then these magically appeared and my wallet a little lighter. :banana:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    New Nintendo console.

http://gamingtheater.net/2014/12/nintendo-confirms-work-underway-new-consoles/

Ohh yeeeaaah!
    Wii - u still gets all of 2015's focus, so hopefully wii-u owners get more titles.

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Of course, that's years off, they were screwing around with this gens consoles like 5 years ago. Many more games to be had

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    A doubt a new Ninty console will appear before 2018, round about late 2016 we might get some leaked specs, then 2017 it will appear at big video game avents, then 2018 in retailers hands....assuming they are even working on a console as we know it today, might be a hybrid console, might be portable like the DS, but you drop that into the base and it becomes a under your TV type console with all the extra power for big next gen games....all speculation of course.

But WU has a good few years to go yet. ;)

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    so far only games they announced for next year is starfox and zelda, so i wonder how robust they think they will be next year.
    Looking forward for more HD remakes and NES classics in their store.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I hope somewhere, in some secret lab, in Nintendo, pilot Wings Wii-U is in full development, and in the room next to it, Mario galaxy Wii-U, is almost finished.

I can dream. :)

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes talk about dreams for a second.

my list would contain:

-HD remakes ocarina of time bundled with majoras mask.

new games for wii-u
    -pilotwings
    -f-zero
    -diddy kong racing
    -blast corps
    -mario tennis
    -san fransisco rush 2049
    -star wars ep 1 racer
    -body harvest
    -castlevania
    -jet force gemini
    -lylat wars (not that clunky starfox game we are gonna get now).
    -mario golf
    -mario tennis
    -pokemon puzzle league
    -star wars roque squadron
    -top gear rally
    -turok
    -waverace
    -v-rally
    -winback
    -eternal darkness
    -metroid
    -smugglers run
    -timesplitters
    -monkeyball
    -star fox adventures
    -Wish that rare would come back to nintendo. Goldeneye, perfect dark , banjo games. they all belong on nintendo IMO.

now these are not all first party developers but i sure have great memories about them :D

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Cracking list...

I still have most of them on cart but my N64 is acting up these days, but it has servced me well.

Starwars pod racer on the dreamcast via the VGA display adaptor box is a sight to behold, so is MSR.

I wish somebody would buy these old game sup and release them on steam.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Would like to see an new Waverace and Blastcorps, Waverace was revolutionary when it came out, only on Jap and USA consoles/60hz though.

PAL versions sucked bigtime.

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I would love a Wave Race Wii U.. Especially one that focused on the original N64 version.. Wave Race Blue Storm while ok was obviously built from a different base. Had a very Japan arcade feel and almost nothing with it from characters and controls related to the original at all. Seemed like Nintendo just made a random Jet Ski game and threw the "Wave Race" title on it.

16. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Anyone have opinion on Wii-u Super Smash Bros. GC-controllers ?

Worth it or as well sticking with the Wii-u pad ?

Was never a fan before so not so sure if the GC controllers will offer a better experience if not so used to them and the original game.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Then no, GC pads are for people stuck in the nostalgia years and professional smash players.

Well, unless you happen to know a lot of people who have spare GC controllers to make 8 player easier.

18. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I kind of thought that.

Thanks dude :)

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Also the GC controllers are for users who do not own any pro controllers yet and need some controllers for the game.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I got the gc adapter got 3 old gc controllers + 1 pro + gamepad + 4 wii sticks with classic controllers