Star Wars Battlefront Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play. ON PC!?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dope18, Sep 4, 2004.

1. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    So im over at E/B games looking at the SW battlefront (PC version)page when I read...

Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play.

UH does this hold true for the computer version??? cause that would be sweet...

its also got first and third person modes which I think is great too...Does that mean automatic aiming???

2. Talus

Talus Master Guru

GPU:
    Prolink PixelView FX5900 256 MB
    #1. split screen would be very lame on the PC...split screen is more for consoles. I know not everybody can afford 2 PCs, but splitting up the screen on a computer monitor would leave very little screen for each player. Plus, how would each gamer control their players? Mouse and keyboard is the best...and you can't have 2 mice and 2 keyboards on one PC. Gamepads just suck for FPS games.

#2. automatic aiming is the lamest thing ever

3. Sqeak

Sqeak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI PE GTX670 2GB
    ^^^ Yep

4. Millhouse_

Millhouse_ Guest

agreed,split screen would be crap on computers. AND ON CONSOLES. i mean, come on, the only games with split screen suck in the area of graphics. i know, i love games for the gameplay, but i WILL NOT buy a game out right now that has sucky graphics. i, and many other, pay alot for top or the line graphics cards and i will not buy a game that looks like crap. the more and more i see of star wars battlront, the more it looks like crap. sure it may be fun, but so it bf 1942 and in some screenshots i think that game looks better than this one. when you split the screen that means 1/2 the fps pretty much. this means to begin with there can't really be that much graphical power if you are able to split the screen. i saw on g4 how the would not do split screen with splinter cell pt or riddick b/c the game as it stood ran at around 30 fps. if it was split screen it would be in the teens. so now...if a game can go split screen, you can pretty much count it will not be on par graphically as other games our right now. i will gladly buy moh pa over this right now for the decent war experience and the best ww2 graphics our right now. i would have bought this star wars game 2 years ago gladly, but now that i have far cry, doom3,ut2k4, and upcoming battlefield 2 and hl2, this game looks kinda like hl1. i'm still waiting for star wars republican commando. nwo that looks like a nice polished game.

5. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    nobody

hmmm nobody seems to have answered my question...

So will the PC version come with a Split screen mode or not?

6. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    yea but nobody is gonna want to do that, thats totaly suck ass for PC

7. Talus

Talus Master Guru

GPU:
    I haven't heard a thing about it, but I seriously doubt there will be split-screen for pc.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

8. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    it says it on the website in the "features" section that it is for XBox, PS2 and PC

9. Talus

Talus Master Guru

GPU:
    *shudder*

10. wingzro

wingzro Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800pro 128mb (392/362)
    just cause it says it's also for PC doesn't mean every single feature is for all platforms.