Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

The ONLY reason why there is so much 3rd party support is because of what happened with the Wii. Almost every developer swore off the Wii as a piece of crap because of the performance of the system and then it sold like crazy. Then after they realized their mistake, they released a massive amount of garbage games.

The one thing Nintendo is great at is innovation and I don't think any developer wants to be left out on their next big thing again. Regardless of how well the system sells in the long term.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    So far this is only just rumors, since there is no official word from Nintendo. On top of that.... if what they say WERE true, and it is an accurate timeline, 1-3 months after the Switch's launch shouldn't really hurt sales. I'm sure the new Mario title will hold people over alongside whatever other launch titles there may be. I mean, Wii U didn't provide much in terms of Mario games. New Super Mario Brothers U is the only one i can think of that came out on it... and that was in classic side-scrolling platformer style.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Titles with Mario Universe for WiiU -

-Mario Kart 8 + DLC
    -Hyrule warriors
    -Super Smash Bro
    -NES remix
    -Captain Toads treasure tracker
    -Mario Party 10
    -Super mario maker
    -Yoshi's wooly world
    -mario tennis
    -mini mario & friends
    -paper mario
    -super mario 3d world

I think people will look more forward to the new zelda games on switch then a mario game since zelda universe only had 3 games (windwaker,twilightprincess and hyrule warriors).
    With all the gameplay shown i cant imagine anyone looking forward to the new zelda game at all tbh :D
    It could very well be a reason to hold off buying the console. and... besides Nintendo is very good at delaying games , i can see it launch in autumn really

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Mario Kart or no buy from me at launch.

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I think if Nintendo wants to move Switches they need some killer 3rd party games as well. In order for me to get a Switch at launch they need some enticing games. I wouldn't mind if they did a Metroid game done in the style of Metroid on the NES or SNES and brick back one of their old IPs form years past. I wouldn't mind if Atlus did another Persona spin off game like Persona Q on the 3ds

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    You mean like toyko mirage sessions?

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah exactly. Instead of using Fire Emblem characters they would use the Persona characters.

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Nintendo is dead. I don't care what anyone says. They're stuck in 1985. The best games that people still go ape **** for are simple remakes of remakes of remakes. Mario's premise has not changed in 31 ****ing years. Great, the solid brick he hits with his head now has 1,000 polygons per block.....I'm still doing the same **** in the game I did when I was 4.

Nintendo has figured out how to sell systems. Artificially create a "shortage". Worked well with the Wii.

Really think about the Wii. It was 95% complete hot garbage. 3% over blown hype and 2% solid gaming.

Look at this new nes 8 bit remake.....seriously? People are this stupid now? They're accepting that there's a short supply on parts that have been available since 1985? Yeaaaah.......

For the trolls, I understand the new 8bit remake has several key additions that differentiate it from the original, but nothing in it, nothing at all is in short supply, anywhere.

They'll sell like hotcakes until the hype dies down. Then like every system since the gamecube, it will slowly lose 3rd party support, continue to receive remade games with new surnames and nose dive into oblivion.

Anyone that disagrees. Look at the Big N's track record since N64 regarding third parties and NEW IP's. Also take a look at how gimped and poor their online functionality is in 2016 for every system out in the wild from New 3DS to Wii U. Complete crap. It's reminiscent to the Sega Saturn's NetLink as far as UI and ridiculousness.

Mark my words, Nintendo will become a 3rd party software developer after the failure of the Switch. The seeds are already being planted on mobile.

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea.... Nintendo TOTALLY does remakes. You NEVER see stuff like that on Playstation or Xbox....

Final Fantasy 15
    Call of Duty whatever the hell number we'd be up to by now
    Battlefield same as above
    The whole Dark Souls universe
    Minecraft released in 5 different forms for everything from PC to Playstation to Xbox
    Assassins Creed whatever the hell number
    Titanfall 2.... think only because the first one was just shy of horrible and they wanted another go at it
    Mass Effect
    Halo

And that's only a small list that i could think of off the top of my head. It's not only Nintendo.

You figure Switch will fail because of "seeds being planted on mobile"? What? Super Mario Run and Pokemon Go? Pokemon Go is ****ing HORRIBLE, and i can't imagine Super Mario Run ending up much better.

Sell like hotcakes until the hype dies down? Wow... cause that never happens EVER with any other console. Who'd have guessed... that after MILLIONS of people buy their console when it first comes out, there would be less units sold in the months that follow.

And to be honest, i don't believe the whole "artificial shortage" bullsh*t. I'd sooner believe the idea of not anticipating the supply required to meet GLOBAL demand than a company saying "Hey, let's hold off on shipping units so people will want it more". Stock sitting around equals money not being made. The Wii was a completely different venture in the way people interacted with games, focusing on the gameplay aspects more than the graphics quality, released around the era of the PS3 and Xbox 360 which had far superior graphics processing potential.

Was the Wii a flop as you claim it was? Far from it. To date, between the Wii, PS3, and 360, JUST in North America, the Wii only "sold" about 3.6 million units less than the 360, but about 16 million MORE units than the PS3. Globally? The Wii "sold" about 15 million more than both of them. You seem to be forgetting that, while Microsoft's systems are incredibly popular here in the US... that's entirely not the case overseas. Same if you look at Sony's systems. Tend to do better overseas than they do here in the US. Nintendo? They're desirable everywhere.

As far as online... Nintendo was never really the "online multiplayer" focused company. Which hey... i don't mind that. And i'm sure a lot of people have the same mentality when it comes to Nintendo games. Who wants to play Mario Party sitting all alone in a room? Or play Smash Bros. and worry about lag? Nintendo may not be the best for online multiplayer... but when it comes to sitting down WITH FRIENDS and just having a blast... no other console comes close.

Sorry if i sound like a die-hard Nintendo "fanboy".... but if people start spouting stupid crap with no real basis for it.... yea, no. And i'm not going to say that without a reason, either. Your whole rant started off on a tangent that Mario hasn't changed in 30 years. I haven't played a 3D Super Mario game since Super Mario Sunshine... but last i recall, i don't even think THAT one had the same premise of "hit this block with your head to progress". In fact, I don't really recall ANY of the non-2D side scrolling Mario games being based on that premise. Even Super Mario 64 didn't rely on brick-breaking. It was THERE.... but it isn't as prominent as in the side-scrollers.

I'd suggest a little research before ranting next time.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well sticking with cartridges was one of the biggest mistakes Nintendo has ever made as far as the N64 goes they lost so many 3rd pary Devs with that and the trend continued on. It was shortly resurrected with the Wii but died out with the release of the Wii-U. Also not everyone wants to play online games. The marketing for the Wii-U is crap but the Wii-U itself isn't crap. I totally agree that the making of the new 3ds was a stupid idea kind of like what Sony and MS are doing with the PS4 Pro and Project Scorpio. Give the Switch a chance here. Also Nintendo has a ton of money in the Bank so I do not see them going towards 3rd party development at this point. Also I think that the Switch might blow past mobile gaming because of being able to play 1st and 3rd party AAA titles. Mobile gaming sucks and it is terrible.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
  15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Really interested in this as I haven't had a Nintendo console since N64 and last hand-held from them was the GB Advance. Would love to see some of those games I missed-out on.

I've got no problem with them bringing the cream of the crop from their past consoles.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    These games will not be remakes though, they will be just like the original. (Nintendo want to keep it authentic). So allot of jaggies with some titles. and widescreen is rare.
    Doesnt mean they are not fun to play though. Some great games there!
    My guess is they will cost about $15 a piece.

17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Nintendo really dropped the ball with the Wii U with Gamecube support. It had a Gamecube inside of it still. No idea why they didn't make the drive allow GameCube discs to be used..

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Doubt it would have sold any more consoles if it was able to play them.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah I can't imagine that being a major selling point, especially since a wii is like, £30 now?

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    But even newer revisions of the Wii could not play Gamecube games either(Not counting soft modding it)

The Wii's biggest downfall is Nintendo's own lack of support for developers. The platform had promise, but Nintendo did not deliver. Power I don't believe was an issue, and voice chat wasn't as 3rd party games did have support for it in their own way.