PS Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dchalf10, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    That's not true, Kingdom Hearts isn't on psn, but, shin megami tensei:persona, P2, P3 and tactics ogre are. Crisis core is the only one I really want to play atm but not on psn yet.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hay! Thanks for all the suggestions Guru's:) Gonna go now to look at some reviews of the title's mentioned.

Cheers again.

3. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    All silver pass cars and tracks for ridge racer were finally released today in the uk. Tracks are welcome albeit short additions. Got Mortal Kombat a few days ago, great mk game, but, sometimes i get the feeling this port was meant for psp graphics-wise. Scorpion and liu kang look atrocious lol. Otherwise a very nice game that feels like mk 2+3. Doesn't look native resolution in-game though, but, runs really smooth 60fps.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I remember the "PS3 HAS NO GAMES" rant. We need to start one for Vita lol. I get it has all these psp games, but why buy a vita if all you're gonna do is play psp games?

5. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    @ scoutingwraith

Nice selection of games.

I think trails in the sky part 2 and 3 should be out in english this year, and maybe ff type 0.

Crisis Core is a great game however costly punch was too friggin slow.

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Yeah....im looking forward toward FF Type-0

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I find your comment quite ironic considering what you use your experia to play. You should sell your vita tbh. End of "problem".

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got Mortal Kombat for my PSV last week for SimplyGames (it was only £23 too!!!). I think the game is extremely good and the graphics are, for the most part, decent as during the fights you cannot see the reduced detail and textures on the models due to the size of the screen.

However, when the camera zooms in during the Brutalities and Fatalities as well as when transitioning to and from the single player FMV the models can look sub-PS2 like. Not only that but the lighting between the FMV and in-game visuals are often different whereas in the PS3 version I also have these transitions are almost (though not quite) seamless.

I personally think that the developers should have dropped the framerate to 30 fps and upped the polygon count/effects/detail for these close-ups and kept the 60 fps framerate everywhere else.

Great game though and if you overlook the weak visuals when the camera zooms in then it is highly recommended.

9. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I knew about the deal, but, after careful consideration i actually decided it was better for me to fork out and get psn download instead. MK as I said is a great game with plenty to do. It's these kind of games that make me glad I got my vita. It also makes you learn more characters than any sf game I've played. In motion this game is great, but, as you said close-ups could have been better .

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    there's tons for my xperia, virtua tennis, nba jam (new edition that is on psn network), super monkey ball. I like the vita for the graphics, I just wish it had more than 3 games. I beat wipeout and Uncharted...I may grab MK. Waiting for Resistance.

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Er we have virtua tennis 4 on vita and super monkey ball is on the way. Nba jam I'm sure we'll see soon. But, they're not really what I'd call killer apps. If experia even had 1 game like vita wipeout more people would have bought one. I certainly wouldn't even look at experia for those 3 you mentioned. Maybe just me. Resistance looks ok for a hand held fps, infact its being touted as sony's benchmark title. Unfortunately, unless its cheap i wouldn't bother with it. Fps is what my pc is for. Now, final fantasy, metal gear solid and street fighter x tekken...those are games I'm dying to play on vita.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Can someone in uk help me platinum ridge racer vita by adding me as a friend and having an online race? Thanks in advance!

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Looks dark. Seen a few concepts and ideas for it. I'm looking forward to sonic racing transformed lol.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You're missing my point completely man. Vita IS a better machine. My point is I'm gaming more on the go with a phone than with a machine made for strictly gaming on the go. I'm no saying xperia is better, im saying right now it has a helluva a lot more to offer.

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The ds has a lot to offer aswell. Heck, if you want quantity the original gameboy has loads of games too. The vita is new and games will take time to come out. We're not dealing with a budget system here. This is supposed to be a system that can offer console quality games. For the most part it does. There's plenty of content, just not that many vita specific games atm. Patience is key. No point posting same thing every month.

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    How the hell would I earn my troll trophy then? LOL :)

18. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Criterion (need for speed hot pursuit) are making a vita game, possibly nfs most wanted 2. Could see more ea releases if sales are good. Rockstar (grand theft auto) are also making unannounced game. This one could be gta5 for vita. Autumn is definately looking great for vita right now.

19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    If you're in eu inc UK then you can get Everybodys Golf and Mod nation for around £11.99 each on psn.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Been reading Resistance burning skies reviews along with Gravity Rush.

Resistance hasn't been doing to well but like a lot of the reviewers and user comments are saying no one really expected it to be that great as far as story and gameplay goes but it delivers and proves that the dual sticks make an fps on the vita perfectly viable which is all i personally was wanting to hear as I've always found the resistance series to be a waste of time imo and sony should just focus on make the Killzone series better. Havent played the RBS demo yet but will give a go today.

Gravity Rush, well again haven't played the demo yet but going by reviews its weird and fun but not the killer title most were hoping for. Think Alice MR type quirkiness, strange and different.

Last edited: May 31, 2012