Need advice ASAP

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mraz, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Hi,

It's me again guys and I need your advice ASAP!!

I have the opportunity to get GTX Titan brand new sealed with guarantee for half a price, meaning instead of regular 999$ I can get it for 500$!

Is it worth the jump from my GPU to that one in long term, or should I just wait for the Maxwell?

I need your answers ASAP since I have this opportunity for only three days, and there are only two Titans left!! :funny:

And please dont tell me that I can get two of them for the price of one, cuz I dont have an SLI board, neither the money to afford one Titan at a regular price, but I can get this one, because I have that money on the side.

I know I should try to get both of them and then sell the other one, but yeah whatever, I'm just looking at this opportunity that showed up to me out of nowhere.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    for 500 i doubt u will find it any better so go for it...

3. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    You paused?! That's a heckuva' bargain for a beast of a card.

4. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    Even if you weren't gonna use it and have the money to make more money, what's there to ask? lol

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Silly question m8, go get it. :D

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sounds like its a scam or stolen.
    Why would anyone sell a Titan for 1/2 price unless its underhand?

7. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Sounds shady, but that wasn't your question. Snatch that bi*tch up! :D

8. MAD5

MAD5 Guest

GPU:
    SLI Titan EVGA / ASUS
    for that Price grab 2 for sli

9. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Not gunna happen!

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

You could buy one and sell your GTX 680, it would cost very minimal then. When you upgrade in the future, the Titan will have a higher resale than the 680 will at that time, meaning the upgrade will effectively cost you very little. The Geforce Titan is basically a 'Ti' version of the GTX 780.

The one thing you have to ask though, why so cheap?

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    [​IMG]

12. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Thnx for the answers Ill pick it up on 2nd of May, cuz nothing is working on 1st, just contacted the shop!

Will post some pictures too :D

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    This all sounds shady as hell.

If you can actually get a Titan for half price without someone being killed, go for it. That's a silly question.

"Hey guise should I get this awesome amazing thing, which most of you will never have, for half price? I can't decide if it's awesome enough! Kthnxbye!"

Let me think, when was the last time I got a component for half price... never! That's when!

14. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Lemme explain the voodoo stuff behind this deal, most of the shops here are order online pay later, and leave a bit of the money as a guarantee you will pick it up, and sometimes some people dont show up, and the store has to pay the full price for the product which they didnt sell.

If you combine that with the usual 25% that people need to leave here in order to order something, you clearly see the shop is in loss, so they usually give up on theyre profit, since they already got 25%, but still need to sell the thing, and they try to lure the people by lowering the price just to get rid of it.

That's what happened to them with two Titan's someone ordered, I dont know did I wrote it exactly above, but that's how I know things happen around here, and you can get some great deals like that, but extremely rare.

I got my FX 6300 in this way too, they ordered one for some random dude, which never showed up, and I ended up paying around 25% less.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its still dodgy.
    They can easily and quickly sell them for 90% or 80% for sure.
    Why on earth would they drop to 50%?

It smells bad.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You're dreaming if you think that. There is not a store on earth that will allow online orders without payment, it just doesn't happen.

In the real world you pay then they order the hardware from their supplier. If it's a popular item they will already have it in stock because if you don't buy it, someone else will the next day.

Can you imagine how many people would back out of a purchase if they didn't have to pay up front?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No way is this legit.

18. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    What he is saying is that someone bought it at a computer shop and the guy only put a down payment and then the shop ordered it online fronting their own money. I use to work at a computer shop and we did this a lot but for repairs. If you ordered a part we usually had you front all of the amount though.

19. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Sounds a bit fishy to me a brand new sealed Titan for half price?If this is legit and you receive a receipt along with the purchase and warranty and all,I wouldn't even bother asking if should buy it or not.About you saying how the shop picks up an order for someone who never shows up to pick it up they wouldn't be in such a rush to get rid of it straight away at half price,they will just leve it in store on display until someone purchases it,i don't think they are that desperate for some cash to sell at at a loss especially half price.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    OP, go to the shop with $500 in cash and buy it. warranty etc is a must. I would not order this online, that shop could easily list it at $750 and sell it straight away. You do know that old saying "if it seems too good to be true..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.