New Gaming computer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by burling, Feb 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    3500$ budget and you can build a Titan system if you do it yourself.

2. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    For $3500 you can build a hell of a system. Do you do a lot of video editing?

3. burling

burling Guest

GPU:
    896MB GeForce GTX 260 (Gi
    I do a lot of home movies for my friends birthdays and so on. I do not charge because it is my hobby. I use Vegas software. To build myself I need to do a lot of research as I do not have any friends who have any knowledge.

4. ground_zero298

GPU:
    integrated
    Building is really easy, everything has a spot and a connector. Hell, my dad put his computer together when I was at work, he never seen one apart before but managed to get everything out of the boxes and installed. Damn thing even started up.

Putting it together yourself could save you up to 40% probably.

If you want to give it a shot just let us know what size case you need and we can pick out some hardware for you.

5. burling

burling Guest

GPU:
    896MB GeForce GTX 260 (Gi
    The case I am looking at is the Corsair Obsidian 800D. This is because it is big so it will give me plenty of room and is well built and has good reviews. I favor the Gigabyte Ultra durable motherboard and a Nvidea graphics card. I have been told the CPU has to be compatible with the Motherboard. The PSU from Corsair at least 750 watts. I am prepared to pay at the top end of the price range. As well as gaming my video editing is important too.

Thanks for your help.

6. ground_zero298

GPU:
    integrated
    Well, after a quick stroll on newegg, If I had to build you a system, this would be what I'd pick. The 1TB Veloci could be changed out, not sure on storage requirements and I skipped the corsair water cooling, air cooler is much easier to maintain and use. Everything else is plug and play, simple to install.

For a video card I would spend the $1000 for the titan when it comes out because of the cuda core count. If not that a 680 then.

Besides that all you would need is a copy of window 7 64bit (to many driver issues with 8) mouse, key board, monitor, and dvd/bluray drive if you watch movies or burn disks.

[​IMG]