I don't understand what I am doing wrong in Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by StealBalls, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified

Amen brother

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    quit with the trolling....

when did i say the op couldnt do what he wanted to do? moreover am sure 1 titan could run crysis @1080p...ok not maxed but good enough.

hell am sure i could manage to have a good experience with my 580 @1920x1200. (yeah i'd have to run x2 aa with lowered settings).

then again i dont really care about crysis, always overhyped in my opinion. still to each their own.

p.s if i were the op i'd upgrade to a monitor with a larger res and an ips panel perhaps.

oh and by the way who the feck said you have to play games the way they are meant to be played maxed settings? that's complete wank. yeah ofc the more maxed generally means a better experience but recently (as my current gpu is in need of an upgrade) i have been having just as much fun as i ever had.

not to say i wont be upgrading asap. but over £1000 on gpus to play @1080..no frigging way!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  3. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Right on boys.

WAT the.....

[​IMG]

WATCH OUT BOYS.. we got ourselves a mad one!

I would never use a monitor, my HDTV is perfect for any game which runs correctly, making it clearly a good choice for my happiness

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    dont like being called mad so reported. sorry i have no patience with trolls.

prefer it that way as i'll most likely say something that will get me in trouble and frankly you're not worth it...

bb :)

thankgod for the ignore list.

5. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Astounding.

I am not sure I could live with such little sense of humor.

Lets say we get back on topic.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    one titan will not max Crysis 3 with 60fps min. not even close.

7. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    This.

There are quite a few games which have some very nice settings which really make the game look nicer, remember as well, specially on a 55" screen.

SO, lets take metro last light, I could run the game pretty close to min 60FPS with one Titan 1080p, sure - but, turning on 2xSMAA not only makes the game look a FAIR bit nicer on a 55" 1080p screen, it RAPES GPU usage.

I payed for this power, through the nose (Titan prices) I at least expect it to work on, as I said, a game which is renowned for setting the standard and graphics and is on it's third iteration now

Thanks again eclap, mitzi strikes me as angrier than me about all this, but.. with a less and rather mysterious reason. lol I don't know why he seems so obsessed with my Titan SLI and resolution.

OH CRAP.... is he gonna report me for calling him obsessed?

Ah well.

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i said "enough" but then I dont need to "max" every game i play and if it is something demanding I lower settings.

but as I said quite clearly that's up to you if you want to spend x on "maxing" a few games.

i just thought it odd you'd need that much gpu horsepower @1080p when i am running a 580 @1920x1200.

again it's your choice i couldnt care less. i suggested running 1 titan to see if it was a sli issue and then got my head bitten off for suggesting 2xtitans was overkill...

it is crap that the op is having problems with a game but then i learnt a long time ago not to spend huge amounts on gpu's in case things like this crop up. would irritate me no end.

but then money being no object ofc i'd get titans x2.

9. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    OH, HE'S BACK!

Don't let him fool you... he has brought an attitude in here, and edited some of his posts, and is now trying to pull himself out the hole he dug.

Lovely. Not as pointless as this advice.

(this one was MIND BOGGLING towards poor Supernoob! LOL)

LOL!

So he kinda fully understands really.

YEP! He's a mad one alright!

This thread might as well just be closed as yasamoka provided me with some great links and information and it's just turning into some weird debate about why I don't need 2x Titan.

Pretty sure this place is for people who love PC power! (when it works...)

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Guys, calm down.

mitzi76, no need to be insulted. You chimed in with your opinion, we chimed in with ours. OP wants to maintain 60FPS at all costs. Now if he was using a monitor I'd step up to a nice 2560x1440 / 1600 IPS panel and lower AA a bit. 60FPS would still be possible (not as easy as 1080p though).

The AA modes he's running at 1080p (he's using a TV) are quite stressful to the GPU, no wonder he uses two.

Anyways, it's games like Crysis 3 that don't let people dare upgrade to something more stressful to the GPUs, for the wrong reason. It dips for no apparent reason.

The OP already tried a single Titan, along with other cards, in single and multi-GPU mode. Nothing worked.

StealBalls, I still didn't get my deleted Crysis 3 data. I got my 2nd 7970 back, so as soon as I get the data, I'll try to see what's up. I'm curious too.

I don't think you mentioned this, did you try with Low detail? If so, what happened?

11. Santa666

Santa666 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080TI
    Downscaling?

If MSAA rapes GPU, perhaps this would be an Option if applicable to your HDTV,
    should be working with any title if once set up correctly, resulting in a Sharper, Crisper Image.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    what i have edited posts??? eh, you're in a dreamworld.

and quit with the personal insults.

13. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Originally Posted by eclap View Post
    one titan will not max Crysis 3 with 60fps min. not even close.

Right, so you DO realise that 60fps isn't possible.

All your threads are along the same lines.

I have an amazing computer
    I am special
    I'm not satisfied
    I deserve better

Stop trolling

Please somebody END THREAD.

14. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire

Talk about completely miss the point and not understand what is actually going on here.

Why am I not surprised it's you popping in for a quick stab.

How about we DO get this thread closed, as I have tried to say, yasamoka and a couple of other cool guys chipped in nicely, but thanks again for popping in with something helpful

What are you even on about 'TROLLING' the worst thing is I see this thrown about all the time, I actually don't even have a bloody clue what it means.

Please, unless you have something nice, constructive, or positive to add can people just LEAVE this thread alone.

Cheers.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    funny thread props!

16. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    I was not laughing when I started it!

I am now though! lol

17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.