Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapper_87

trapper_87 Guest

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    I know you don't need multiplayer because I got it without a second spend on it.

And I thought you had to destroy the collector base with in ME2 and have 2800 military preperation in ME3.

2. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Well I know this can't be correct, because I have both of these and then some. My effective military readiness is around 4500 or so now. I'm going to try getting it over 5k and see what I come up with. idk!

3. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    nope over 2.8k for synthesis I think

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, you only need 2,800 or more to unlock the Synthesis ending.

To get the "Shepard takes a breath" ending you need a EMS rating over 4,000 to 5,000. And do the "Destroy" ending. So... red.
    Which, the Destroy ending the best of the options (best of the worst).

But all the endings (or the one ending with tiny little differences) suck.

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Thats not true and there has to be more to unlocking the synthesis ending. I have over 4500 effective military strength, 86% readiness and around 5300 military strength and I still don't get it. It must have something to do with choices in either this game, ME2 or both!

Does it have anything to do with how far back you go in the game after achieving over 4000 effective strength?? Now I am wondering if I need to go back on the Normandy, or before the Cerberus mission to get the synthesis ending. I didn't play multi-player until after I finished the game the first time, and I keep reloading at the "return to the citadel" mission..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I didn't touch MP at all... as 1, I hate MP in any and every game. And 2, MP has absolutely no place in the ME universe.
    My EMS was only at 3,500 and I had the option for the Synthesis ending. And as far as I can tell... there no are "special" requirements to unlocking the synthesis endings.

If your EMS is under 1,750 you will automatically be assigned an ending based on what you did at the Collector base in ME2.
    Other then that, the only "known" requirement for unlocking all three options is a EMS of 2,800.

Personally, I see Synthesis as the worst of the three options as it doesn't actually "fix" anything. And forces all life in the galaxy into a state none of them (or Shepard) wanted until the last five minutes when it (and the other two lame options) was forced upon us.

Destroy the Reapers, IMO, is the only ending that feels right. Considering that was the goal from the start. To destroy the Reapers.
    Though, the "destroy" option is flawed and even though it rids the galaxy of the Reapers... is horrible in itself.
    Since it "kills" all synthetic life. So... I spent that time and effort to help Legion, and bring peace between the Geth and Quarians. Saved both races.
    Even had the Geth helping the Quarians repopulating their home world, and helping them boost their immune systems so they could live on their planet without their suits.

Welp, to bad the "destroy" option kills the Geth. Removing that help for the Quarians. Also... blowing up the Mass Relays so hell, the Quarians can't even get back to their home planet, THE PLANET THEY JUST NOW RECOVERED, so they can't even enjoy it.
    Makes me feel like an ass... as I pushed to help Tali get that back. Only to yank it away at the end. Awesome.
    What about Edi? She's synthetic. And was on Earth with me (EVERYONE of your crew is on Earth). So.... set off the explosion... she's dead. Great. Joker will be happy.
    OH wait, he ditched the fight about ten minutes ago to go home and check his Tivo or some ****.

I don't know. Just... I personally feel the Destroy (or Red option) ending is the best in fitting with the themes of the game. And the initial goal of removing the Reaper threat from the galaxy.
    Only, even that option is horribly flawed and doesn't do as much good as it should.

7. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I was just thinking about what kind of game set in this universe they could do next.

A Freelancer type of game would be awesome.
    Maybe set before or during the Reaper invasion (since none of the endings has been declared canon yet).

You would start selecting your race, and travel through the systems in your small starfighter.
    Possible enemies could be the Geth or Collectors, maybe even Batarian pirates or whatever.

Man, that would be awesome.

But knowing EA, they'll most likely build a dumbed down COD like shooter set during the First Contact War.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    With all the relays destroyed it'll have to be from another time in the series unless they want to make a Rage/ME post apoc hybrid game :p

Let's see how they pull off the upcoming dlc, I hope they deliver!

9. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Yes the EMS needs to be achieved before attacking the Cerberus base

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I was the first one to hate MP before it was released and ever since I'm playing with 3 other friends, it's been one of the best MP I played in a while...

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Hey guys.
    Can anyone be polite to me and please, repost the Coalsced editor for ME3 and the save editor for ME2.
    I want to replay ME3 but with some slight changes in the ME2 save and changes on the game graphics for ME3.

Thanks a lot.

BTW.
    I'm with all of you that hated the ending. So ****ing depressing and also fcked up (In a way that I can't still not understand it.)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  12. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i would rather have them use their resources to focus on Dragon Age 3 to make it a much better game than part 2. I know separate Bioware studios work on these two franchises but it wouldn't hurt to team up and make one badass game for a series finale?

After that, they can duly develop another Mass Effect type game or even better make Knights of the Republic 3 or even Neverwinter Nights 3.

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Free MP DLC was released yesterday.

14. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yea played some today, the new skins and maps are ok. Din't get to try any of the new weaopns except that krogan shotgunish assault rifle with explosive rounds wich is pretty cool. Not that big of a deal really, but at least it's free. :)

16. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Alright, I got my EMS over 5000 and I reloaded a save before attacking Chronos Station. This better work, I want that synthesis ending! lol

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    WTF is going on withh this game? I decided to give it another run through and found out an update has been released since I last played. So i start it up and everything looks like sh!t. Cut scenes and in game. I've got the latest beta drivers installed and even tried the 2 previous WHQL driver. so I know it's not a driver issue. I didnt have this problem the last time I played. Ive reinstalled the game 3 times and still the same problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    EA is happy, you brought the game.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    LOL your right about that. :nerd:

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I also noticed something in my config file when i was looking over it. I dont remember it being there before I updated.

Code:
    [SystemSettings]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Resolution=_800x600[/B][/COLOR]
    ResX=1920
    ResY=1080
    FullScreen=True
    BorderlessWindow=False
    bAllowPostprocessAA=False
    MotionBlur=False
    DynamicShadows=False
    MaxCharacterCinematicLightingPasses=3
    SHSecondaryLighting=True
    MaxAnisotropy=1
    MouseSensitivity=75
    UseMouseDampening=True
    MPVoiceChatInputDevice=0
    MPVoiceChatOutputDevice=0
    MPVoiceChatVolume=100
    MPVoiceChatMode=0
    MPVoiceContinueOnLostFocus=False
    UseVSync=False
    LensFlares=False 
    Is there a reson that is there? If you look at the next 2 lines, you can see my current res.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.