MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 12 (2012-02-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There was no such functionality in the previous versions. Never. All profile slots were overwritten synchronically from the very first version, and the context help is actually informing you about it.

2. Kariddi

Kariddi Active Member

GPU:
    2x ATI 5850 Sapphire
    This is very strange, because I updated the profiles just some days ago and I was able to do what I said ...

3. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    That is unfortunate. I sure miss Afterburner in this game.

Thanks for the response.

4. WithoutWeakness

WithoutWeakness Guest

GPU:
    8GB Corsair 1866mhz
    Hey there Unwinder. Killer tool you've developed here. I've fallen in love with it over the past week. I've just got one question related to this new "multiples of 16" issue. Windows Media Player is enough for me to watch gameplay back before editing, so I'd like to keep my full 1080p if possible. In my .\Profiles\MSIAfterburner.cfg file, the line you're talking about reads:

VideoCaptureFlagsEx=00000202h

Now if I wanted to record at full 1920x1080 but keep all my other recording settings the same, what would I change this line to? I'm set now to record at 30fps, MJPG at 85% quality (30fps just to reduce size on disk).

Thanks for any help! :thumbup:

5. Unwinder

You're confusing something. You always had do configure cards independently then save profile slot for all of them at once.

That's exactly what context help is telling you:

Profile Slot 1
    Saves current applied voltage, clock and fan control settings to profile slot 1, loads or deletes settings from it.

Hints:
    - You may press <Save> button then press this button while it is flashing to save current applied settings to profile slot 1. Profile slots of all GPUs installed in the system are saved synchronically.
    - You may save current applied settings to empty profile slot 1 or delete profile from used profile slot 1 by right clicking this button. Profile slots of all GPUs installed in the system are modified synchronically.
    - You may save current applied settings to empty profile slot 1 or delete profile from used profile slot 1 by pressing <Ctrl> + <1> keys on your keyboard. Profile slots of all GPUs installed in the system are modified synchronically.
    - You may load master GPU profile from profile slot 1 by clicking this button.
    - You may load master GPU profile from profile slot 1 by pressing <1> key on your keyboard.
    - You may load and automatically apply the profiles via tray menu or even assign global hotkeys for each profile slot via advanced properties window. Profiles are loaded and synchronically applied for all GPUs installed in the system.
    - You may use automatic profiles management function and assign different profiles for 2D and 3D applications via the <Profiles> tab in advanced properties. Assigned profiles will be loaded and synchronically applied for all GPUs installed in the system on 2D/3D state changes.
    - You may disable user interface tooltips via <User interface> tab in advanced properties.

6. Unwinder

00000200h

7. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    I should put a sticky of this on OCN. Still I would be flamed or get infractions for pointing out something true.

Good thread btw, good info. Beta 12 has worked perfectly for me on a 7970.

8. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    hi,
    iam on atis 8.95 17.jan driver pack and AB OC is working not like it should, but manual profile apply works...anyone ? thanks
    voltage tweak is working,core mhz not..on run without touching AB
    than when i manualy pick OC and apply than it works

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  9. bl4d3runn3r

bl4d3runn3r Guest

GPU:
    2x Powercolor 7970
    Hi Guys,

i got 2 7970 Cards and i found the setting GPU Type in the options of afterburner. My cards got a VID of 1,050, at the moment the "GPU Type" Setting is set to 1,175V, do i have to switch to 1,050V? What does this option do to my Card?

10. falcone77

falcone77 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire hd7850 2gb
    hi everyone

there is an error that not yet fixed
    in source-engine based games for example TF2, CSS osd not work properly in raster 3D mode
    it's like chinese letters, please do something about it

11. Unwinder

Read the previous pages

12. Unwinder

Each option in application comes with context help

13. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    unwinder, thanks i finnaly manage to find it...ok, just let you know, manual apply works that s enough

14. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Okay i've read this thread twice and im very new to AMD cards as i've got a 7970 today, and also new to afterburner.

I'd like if someone can just explain in simple terms about the overclocking/overvoltage and powertune - or tell me if im doing it right or wrong.

I want to overclock my Gigabyte Windforce 7970 to around 1250-1300mhz, but AB only goes up to 1200mhz.
    So I followed this http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906 tutorial to unlock it and "Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1"

In CCC I have set power control to +20%, which was then mirrored in AB settings

I then raised votage to 1212mV and clocks to 1280/6000 in AB and played BF3 for a fw hours no probs at all.

However when I left the game I noticed that in AB the power control had reset itsself to 0%

So my questions are.....
    Is this normal ?
    Do I need to reset it to +20% before everygame ?
    Or should I select another value for the "UnofficialOverclockingMode" ?
    Or should I use the -xcl command ?

I just dont want any conflicts etc etc.

Sorry for the noob questions but I really didn't understand what was talked about earlier in the thread,

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  15. ElGreco

ElGreco Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970BE
    XCL Command in 7970 Crossfire setups

It seems that the /xcl command unlocks only the limits of GPU1 in my CCC. What command should i use to extend the limits also of GPU2 in CCC?

Thank you...

16. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I've noticed that my 7970 wont downclock to 300mhz /.85v after using AB (to load an OC profile) instead it only drops back to 500mhz /.95v untill a reboot is done.

is this normal ?

17. Unwinder

It is clearly declared in the readme that XCL command line switch only affects AMD graphics cards attached to Windows desktop. So before unlocking clock ranges temporary disable CF and extend desktop on each card you want to be unlocked.

18. Eluder

Eluder Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Unwinder, what's the difference between using the /xcl command line option and unlocking unofficial overclocking methods?

19. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Too many posts to read so I will ask, does anyone elses screen flicker a little when it starts? My actual screen doesn't its more like windows. Using a 6850 with ccc 12.2 preview.

20. Unwinder

/XCL eXtends Clock Limits for official AMD overclocking APIs. Which means that it also extends clock limits for CCC or any other other vendor specific tool using official overclocking interfaces provided by AMD. Considering that it is using official AMD overclocking interface, it is compatible with ULPS. This method is equal to flashing new VGA BIOS with extended Overdrive clock limits.
    However, this method uses hidded VGA BIOS emulation debug feature of Catalyst driver. Once AMD decide to remove it from driver, it will stop working. It is also necessary to re-extend clock limit after driver re-installation because VGA bios emulator resides in Catalyst registry entries.

Unofficial overclocking uses old undocumented "hole" in AMD driver, which allows to re-program PowerPlay table and bypass Overdrive clock limits. AMD used this unofficial interface in the past for their internal AMDGPUClockTool. Currently the "hole" is not supported by AMD in any way, it is incompatible with some AMDs own power saving technologies (ULPS), it has many side effects due to "nice" AMD programming skills (such as resetting fan speed and powertune to defaults, etc, etc).