Download and Discuss Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Tell your friend that something is wrong with his system. There you go, save/settings you let me download. I didnt move an inch, loaded up and this is my fps :

[​IMG]

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not a massive difference. Weaker CPU maybe?

3. Left 4 Dead 2 forcibly quits after a minute or two with these drivers on my R9 290.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    R9 390 25fps vs R9 280X 30fps? Something isnt right here, dont you think?

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    For some reason I thought you had a 290... Do we know which CPU they have, RAM? I'll give it a go.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Link is above in GanjaStar last post. Try it, just load up, dont move and take a screenshot. Let us know how it goes.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Some serious drawcalls there. Just over 30FPS at 2560x1600 with ENBoost. The game is seriously API/engine bottlenecked.

[​IMG]

8. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    This game and all Bethesda's Gamebryo games dont need to be benchmarked.They are broke from the begining.Same old engine.
    Textures,animations are a shame for 2015.The gameplay is medium and is not Rpg.
    If you move a little have ~35fps and if you move again ~60fps. :wanker:
    Some people say it:Goty. :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    exactly, this is a cpu limited scene. that's what isn't right. your cpu is faster.

I get the same fps here on 1080p and 1440p. And my friend with the 390 said the same thing. this is why he picked that scene, as we saw reviews mention AMD has cpu overhead issues in this game.

it shows the area where AMD is struggling atm, which is a larger CPU overhead.

I will check with my friend his exact cpu specs. But when we compared witcher 3 last week, we had same fps, so his system is fine.

But that was my whole point of the post. there are areas in the game where AMD is cpu limited which gimps the framerate.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's the drawcalls. If you look at a blank scene, then turn slightly into a heavy drawcall area, as you can see above, over 12k drawcalls. I'm sure they can optimize that though and AMD need to work on overhead.

11. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    I get 34 fps with my fury x in that scene with everything on ultra (yes even dograys). GPU usage massive 39% :D

How you get screenshots from afterburner screen? If I printscreen in game and paste it to paint I only get blackscreen. And screenshots in gamefolder ofc don't have afterburner ui in them.

Edit. Managed to get shot.

[​IMG]

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Windows key + Prtscrn should. Check Pictures directory after. If you use ENBoost there will be .bmp's in the games directory. That won't show RTSS statistics though.

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    in settings for afterburner "on screen display" section, there is an option "show osd in screenshots"

14. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Not what I ment. I ment I couldn't get screenshot, but nevermind , I managed to get it with windowed mode. Picture in previous post.

15. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I don't know if the amount of drawcalls have the exact same impact on every game (FPS wise), but with the overhead test my FPS is well over 60FPS with 12K draw calls per frame. Actually i hit the 30FPS limit with 40 - 44K draw calls per frame.

12K draw calls per frame shouldn't really be e problem for my CPU, right? Maybe i'm just not getting it :p

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Weird thing in Windows 10 you can take shots from MSIA.
    In that scene max 30fps and because its raining.And that monster from behind is scary. :D

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It really depends on the API/engine/GPU drivers. I don't think every game will perform exactly the same with the same amount of drawcalls.

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    my friend has a 2500K, 4.5GHz. so I guess i7, or newer gen well clocked i5 would get a bit higher fps.

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    In this Gameworks game the draw calls dont matter now.Its unoptimized.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What do you mean?