Titanfall Season Pass Priced and Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Respawn Entertainment has announced that Titanfall will offer a Season Pass containing all three "planned" content packs for $25 USD. The announcement states purchasing the Season Pass wil...

Titanfall Season Pass Priced and Detailed

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    'We're dropping Season Passes!.. Ha!, Acting.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Wait, hold on, what was that all about it having no DLC and everything's being available from day one?

4. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    An EA game is doing Season Pass?Shoking!!!

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Honestly couldn't care less about this game.

On topic: no surprises they want to glean as much as possible from this game.

6. CyberTod

CyberTod Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 960
    I tried to test the beta, but I could not. Too many limitations.
    I don't like that about a game. And it is not yet out and they already talk about paid dlc's .. no thank you.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't understand this nonsense, most if not all games that have DLC are full games, and not once has anyone been able to show me where a game was not comparable, without the DLC, to a game that has no DLC

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The problem with Titanfall is that it's very limited. There are only 2 maps, and kinda 2 game modes - domination and team deathmatch (last man standing is also a kind of deathmatch, so it's hard to count it as total of 3 modes). People will get bored soon, and will want something extra.

The DLCs in BF4 were a bit different. The game felt complete without them, but if your friends play on servers with mixed maps, you will rather buy DLC anyway.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I wish dlc died a horrible death. Games should come out complete. Then a year or so later, give me an expansion. I loved how it was done in guild wars. Also, blizzard games, Diablo series, Starcraft etc. That's the way to do it. Gives people something to look forward to.

If Titanfall really only launches with 2 maps, they should gtfo.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

Way to go on just making BS up but hey gotta get some EA hate going imma right?

Game launches with 15 maps which imo is a bloody decent amount and for game modes

But don't let these facts get in the way...

My opinion is DLC is welcome as longs as its good value for money and the standard game comes with enough of it's own content to feel finished.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    To be fair, I noticed other MP games like BF3 after a while, everyone ends up playing on a couple different maps anyway. Like Caspian border and one other were the only ones that ever come up on the server list for me. All the others ended up never being used much.

I think a sharp focus on a couple of maps would probably..or should, yield 2 great maps vs 10 ok maps. UT series was the same way at one point for each, only a couple were ever populated enough to be worth playing.

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Why must cs go competitive doom me to Dust 2 all the the time ;___; I miss my office.

13. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    lol that s very funny regardless if true or not.

14. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You can get that info by looking at their official site. If it's different, they should change it, right? If someone made bs up, that's someone who made these pages.
    Have a peek:
    http://www.titanfall.com/maps
    http://www.titanfall.com/modes

Don't call me a Titanfall hater, I preordered this game even after seeing these 2 pages.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Maps maybe they aren't just showing all on their site cause derp?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Game_Modes

the dlc is pretty much like for bf3 and 4 in titanfall.. and cheaper season pass cause less dlc inc

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014

16. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    They were just the maps and modes available in the beta, no where on that page does it say the game ships with 2 maps you can google titanfall maps and see pretty much every website reporting 15 maps (and of course the people who are already playing it)

17. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    IMO if the DLC is done when then game goes live it should have been included. A DLC should be some thing added to an existing game to prolong its life not just a cash in on crap we left out of the game for the pure goal to milk as much cash as possible from people.

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    For games to not have DLC (AAA) then the price would be $80/100 per game.

And this is why there are open betas (partially) and $40/50 retail.

With games costing MILLIONS to develop and market, you gotta get your $ back.

Some companies get it wrong (dungeon keeper) and some companies get it right (bf4).

19. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    here the problem... Spend less on Marketing and more on Development and everyone wins.