Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Hey there guys got some huge updates on Project CARS:

Project CARS funding had a huge boost recently and now they are almost €150,000 from reaching the goal of €3.75Million euros! No info has been released yet of what will happen when the value is reached but theres a big chance they will close the funding and also the access to the Pre-Alpha to those that havent registered yet!

Recently it was announced that a major German car manufacturer offered Slightly Mad Studios access to their vehicles, no info has been disclosed about who this manufacturer is but since RUF and BMW are in, it leaves us with Audi, Opel and Mercedes!

Also the 1980 Ford Capri Zakspeed Group 5 is almost ready to be ingame, according to the developers theres a high probability of having this beast ingame this week. Check the amazing looks of this car below, even in a pre-alpha state with missing textures and ambient occlusion it already looks amazing with such refined details like the fully modeled engine!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    The developers just released a preview of the wipers working on the Gumpert in a storm condition where you can see the rain drops being clean out of the windshield ! Looks amazing check it out here! (only for members)

Another member jumped into the trailer making bandwagon and made something pretty sweet . Check out "Drive it" by plm5!

http://youtu.be/mUN5UW5BOMg?hd=1

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Thanks for the youtube link Leviathan.

The game looks so good I wish it was available for release, looking forward in getting the game when it comes out.

It looks like it will piss all over EA & their $hitty NFS franchise in every possible way...

Can't wait man.

4. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Win Cool Thrustmaster Gear With Project CARS

[​IMG]

Slightly Mad Studios & Thrustmaster have just kicked off the newest Project CARS Thrustmaster Hot Lap Competition where everyone can win cool Thrustmaster gear including steering wheels, gamepad controllers and more!

All participants of the competition have the chance to win one of the prizes, you don’t have to be a mega talented racer to walk away with some new hardware so read below on how to enter!

All Project CARS members regardless of membership level are invited to join! Simply fire up Project CARS, click the “Events” button and register a valid time on the Event Leaderboard with the BMW Z4 GT3 at Florence Short.

All members that have posted a valid time will be automatically entered in a random prize draw that everyone can follow live from the SMS offices on 19th November (5pm GMT).

LINK REMOVED - NO ADVERTISING OR PROMOTIONS ALLOWED

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thats pretty cool! Problem is i doubt i can produce competitive time :D

6. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Thats the good thing, you dont need to :p
    You just have to make a lap around it, doesnt matter if you are fast or not!

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, it only says "valid time" there ;) So it may either be totally randomized or everyone but the guy with the pole position gets a random prize. We'll see :D

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The way i see it, if you posted fastest lap, you dont need a steering wheel! You are already fast, so it should be given to noobs like me :D

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Ninja'd, guess I was too slow :) Great to hear they changed the rules now. The first competition gave the wheel to the fastest driver. It made sense in a way but on the other hand most, if not all, people that were top20 (they really had some times up back then!) had both great skill and great gear!

10. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Valid times means that you arent racing through the middle of the track, they need to be validated on the Leaderboards :p
    If it shows up there then you are in for a chance to get the prize ! :D

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Great i always end up off the track :D at least once!

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    7th place atm :D What a blast that track can be once the car starts behaving like you want it to :)
    The only bad thing is that this track is so short and unique in that way that the setup gained from it isn't worth much anywhere else.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    7th?! ill be like 7th from the bottom :D

14. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Ahahah :p
    Im worse at the moment 124 :p

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, but somehow I forgot to check the gameplay options -> ABS and traction (low) were selected there (new default?). I turned it off now and will give it some more laps :) (both never did much for me on the Radical anyhow)

16. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Hmm could be the new default but it didnt change mine :|

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Might have been some sort of fluke or me hitting the buttons in the middle of something (I have both ABS and traction mapped to some of the buttons on the wheel).
    Just did another lap with my junior's senior account and made it to 3rd :) Still with ABS but the traction control didn't exactly help me obviously.

Now off to the other event! :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Meh im about 6 secs from the leader! Still improved my lap by about 15 secs after few attempts :)

19. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    It just takes a while to get used to but you will get there man :p

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Especially the Z4 is still very hard to handle. I haven't found a setup that I totally liked yet as you either get a totally planted rear axle or it'll slide with all 4 wheels somehow ;)
    Great fun though :)