Anyone familiar with a msi z77a-g45 gaming

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by visine, Aug 1, 2013.

1. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    Hello.

I recently got my hands on a msi z77a g45 gaming as a friend didn't need it anymore, I mostly wanted it because it's newer than mine with pci-e 3.0 and more slots available if I later wanted sli.
    However I had a gigabyte ud4 earlier with (the old bios) and I had an offset overclock at 4.5, I see alot of ppl use turbo to overclock these days, but I have no clue how this works.. Can anyone give me some pinpointers / settings for a stable 4.5ghz on this mobo?

I tried to just set all my cores to 45 and leave everythin else at auto, but it seems when i'm running ibt (for a quick check) cpu-z just bounces fromm 3.5 3.6 and sometimes up to 4.5 , cpu vcore says 1.280 on hwmonitor but VID says 1.386, im confused. Anyone? Help is highly appreciated!

2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  3. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    I've checked through alot of the posts, not too many people with 2600k that shows they're settings. However when I for example run prime or ibt my multiplier bounces alot, I changed some settings:

Disable Overspeed protections
    Set long duration power limit to 200
    Long duration maintianed: 128 seconds
    Short Duration: 250
    Vdroop offset control 75%

And when I ran ibt now it bounces from multiplier 34x to 45x and my vcore is 1.328

I haven't gotten any bsod with either of the settings, do I have to change anything if everything works on auto with default power settings as well? Or do I need to change them to 250 / 128 / 255? Or is that only if I need more volts? And the vid voltage in hwmonitor, is that accurate or should I just ignore that? It seems to go rather high while testing.. Hopefully I get some answers.

4. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    I got some weird issues as well that I can't seem to find a solution, during stress tests it seems like the cpu sometimes throttles down to 3.4 ghz from 4.5 ghz for a couple of seconds? And i've checked the bios if there's any temp protection on, but I can't seem to find anything. I've also tried to up the volt doesn't seem to do the trick, anyone know what I can try?

5. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    You have to turn off all power saving features in bios.

6. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    It still happend, i've gone back to my old mobo, can't believe my 2year old mobo is better and more stable.