Serious Sam 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 12, 2011.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Damn I totally forgot about this game.

SERIOUS DAMAGE!

2. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    They should change the name though...something like Mouse Breaker or Endless Clicking or Wanna kill your gaming mouse :D

3. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Sweet, it's out this year! :)

I hope the game will still look like this, or at least the game's direction is still the same (cause it's awesome):

[​IMG]

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The image you posted was not from Serious Sam 3. It was simply a test image, showing what the new engine "could do"...
    They didn't start actually developing Serious Sam 3 content until early last year.

5. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I sure hope this doesn't follow the health regeneration trend in games right now. I have the feeling it is inevitable to have some sort of regeneration though.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Did you even play the HD remakes? Serious Sam doesn't use health regen...

7. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I know the original games don't (and they'd have no reason to change it in the HD remakes, so I don't see that as evidence they won't use it), but they weren't released in 2011 where almost every shooter uses some form of health regeneration.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So... you're trying to say that because it's 2011... the chance of SS3 having regen health is higher? The year is the reason behind it? What?

9. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Yes, I am saying exactly that. Is that somehow a strange concept to you? Or are you just trolling here, because I don't really believe you're naive enough not to understand how trends work.

Have you not noticed that the vast majority of shooters released now a days use health regeneration, and almost no games had it when Serious Sam was originally released? Have you also not noticed games like Mafia II, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Wolfenstein, FEAR 3, and other sequels released recently, where the previous games in the series didn't use health regeneration, but their new counterparts do?

As for Serious Sam 3, I'm not saying it's guaranteed, I am just looking at the trends of every other developer and hoping Croteam doesn't follow the same trend. When I see developers like People Can Fly, Id, Raven, and other developers coming from classic shooter foundations using it, I see no reason why Croteam wouldn't.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  10. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Because health regeneration would be completely pointless in Serious Sam, there is no time to wait until health regenerates when attacked by an army of 200 kleers, if you're hurt you want to grab the closest healthpack as fast as possible if possible.

I'm quite sure Croteam realizes that, they've maintained that Serious Sam 3 would follow First/Second Encounter's steps, you can't exactly do that with health regeneration.

And even if there was it, like I said, there's no time to stop in the middle of the fray, so you'd be in just as much trouble as if there weren't.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    This is good to hear. I still love the basic principle shooters of Run, Gun, and try to Live.

It's a lot of fun to play these, and it's good to see SS3 is coming.

12. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    It doesn't make sense in half the games it's in, that doesn't stop developers from using it. Besides, who said Serious Sam 3 won't have plenty of cover?

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    How or why would they do that in ss?
    How much cover? its got to be open infront of sam how else you get all those bad guys on screen?+ only pussies run for cover in ss,wait not even pussies run for cover its too much fun lol
    It would not work plus having stuffs all over spinning in air adds to the game.
    Remember one thing about ss you never ever shot at a human in any of them,it is in its own world.
    dought they started caring what other games do now.

14. mark501

mark501 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X 2GB
    Health regen in a Serious Sam game would ruin it. I really hope they dont go down that route

15. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    sam without regen health is enough. adding regen health would make him god mode :p that would ruin the whole purpose of SS, mindless shooting and survive.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    if you play co-op you can have unlimited lives anyways. dont see the point in playing alone or health regen.

17. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    To cover you from what?
    Sure there are ranged enemies but the behaviour of most enemies is still going to be "run at Sam and beat the **** of him".

They already confirmed it would be much like First and Second Encounter, they didn't confirm about regenerating health, sure, but them saying it would be going back to its roots kind of tells me they won't just throw a couple guys standing there shooting at you while you take cover and pot shots at them.

You won't have time to take cover with armies of kleers after you.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What a really... pointless "discussion" for a Serious Sam game. Croteam have said, several times that Serious Sam 3 will be modeled (gameplay and design) after the HD remakes.

19. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Yeah, and the Deus Ex: Human Revolution team have said they are absolutely dedicated to modeling it after the original Deus Ex. Yet, we have a health regeneration based game that uses a third person cover system. Developers are either completely dishonest, or have no idea what they are talking about more often than not.

I'm just saying, I'm in the wait and see category, that's it. When I see a game play video without health regeneration, I'll be happy.

20. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    First Screenshot:
    [​IMG]