Need a little bit help with my gtx 580!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Deleted member 268800, May 19, 2017.

1. Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone can guidance me in order to reduce my GTX 580 1.5 GB, temps, I tried already to remove the heatsink, and do a clean of gpu chipset with alcohol 99%, and put artic 5 thermal paste, and put back the cooler cover, etc etc, but it seems that it still kinda high temp, even at idle, 0%

Look

[​IMG]

And sadly i dont have an air compressed to clean out the dust..... i just have an air machine, but that´s not accurate or precise like a bottle of air compressed, and sadly in my country Venezuela everything sucks, everything expensive....

Also I was wondering, if i upgrade my GTX 580, bios, maybe temps will drop? but I dont know which bios to dowload

LOOK this a gpu bios for gtx 580 evga 1.5 gb 772 core clock/1002
    https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...&interface=&memType=GDDR5&memSize=1536&since=

And these are the pictures of my GPU hardware
    [​IMG]

2. Bump

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  3. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Is the fan actually working? I know it reports in that it's working, but have you observed it running?

Is the heatsink cleaned out? No dust.

The 580 is a hot card, but no reason for it to be running that hot at idle.

What are the temps while gaming?

And I do not believe a bios update will fix anything. If anything it will just change the fan profiles mostly which won't get to your underlying problems.

4. At moment run 3dmark, with all default settings
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17975659

Now, I'm dowloading a Unigine_Heaven 4.0.exe to do a gpu test full to see the temperatures.

5. GPU temps was about 87/89

[​IMG]

these are the setting that i use while running heaven 4.0 no antialising 1680x1050
    [​IMG]

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Chances are the fan and fins are clogged up with dust and dirt, that is way too hot for that card unless the case temps are also really high.

Room ambient temps effect case temps which effect component temps.