ATI Radeon Xpress 1150/200M 13.5 Beta 2 Win 7/8_32/64bit driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jun 3, 2013.

1. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    I'll have to try this actually since I have an Acer 3050 with that IGPU.

2. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    Hello!

I have some problems with drivers.

First of all, i have tried the driver posted by AmigoMan (thanks !) : ATI Radeon Xpress 1150/200M 13.5 Beta 2 Win 7/8_32/64bit driver - this one.

My Computer has Win 8, x32 with ATI Radeon Xpress 200M/1100M (RC410M/RC415M) chipset. After installing the driver posted by AmigoMan, in Device Manager i have seen ”AMD Radeon HD 8950” (maybe another driver).

All was beautiful, the graphic was great, BUT when i tried to enter in a game, it appeared black screen - trying to enter in game - but after 10 seconds, the computer restarts. Why? Maybe because it was NOT my driver? I tell you again: the graphic (on desktop, on youtube, was INCREDIBLE), but in game..crash and restart. PS: I have 2GB RAM

Secondly, after ,,cleaning” the previous driver, i have tried to install the 12.11 modded. The new driver is installed, in Device Manager i can see ,,AMD Radeon Xpress 200M Series” BUT, unfortunately, it seems that i have no driver installed: the resolution is poor (like safe mode) - exactly how it appear without a driver installed. Again, why?

I got a picture from Device Manager:
    [​IMG]
    free screen capture

3. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Hi,
    Glad you like the drivers(don't worry about naming it is for your card), the thing is that some games are a little bit more choosy than others and that is why you are getting the crash and black screen. Currently don't have a fix for that but you can try modding a newer driver and see if will solve your problem. You can start here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379516
    The good news is that with the current drivers you have installed not all games will crash so you can still game but not with all the titles that prove to be a little picky.
    **EdIt: There are only few game tiles that will crash or black screen but if its a game you play often then probably you need new drivers that will perform well with that game.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  4. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    I will try it now ! :D , thank you very much for all you do for us ! I come back with a feedback! (hope with good news ...)

5. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    Later Edit (cannot edit the previous post):

Bad news :(

1. I tried to mod the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150/200M 13.5 Beta 2 Win 7/8_32/64bit driver (AmiloMan driver). The only difference is that in Device Manage is not ,,AMD HD 8950 ” (driver, like in the past), it is ,,AMD Radeon XPress 200M” (my real driver). BUT, when i want to play games (like counter-strike, simulators, etc.), 10-20 seconds it tries, after that i can see a blurred image (as if there are dead pixels, or ,,freezing pixelated squares”) - then black screen and restart.

Is it possible that my computer does not support such a high graphic? In youtube, or other videos, the graphic is wonderful, clear + in Windows Experience Index, the Graphics increased from 2.1 to 2.8 and Gaming Graphics from 3.0 to 3.2, but all games are crashing...

! In both cases, i got the following error in Digital FLEM when modding: The process cannot access the following file: ”.../atikmdag.sy_” because it is used by another process ! (but it doesnt intrerrupt the modd).

2. Secondly, i have tried to modd with ATI Catalyst 12.11 HotFix V11.10.6.5 (and 6.6). No change. It looks like there is no driver installed.... (but it is installed). Image 1: [​IMG]
    screen shot pc

:(

6. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    When using the X200 drivers did you disable driver signature enforcement?
    The error you are getting in FLEM is because you are modding wrong.... sounds like you are modding the driver with itself.
    PS: Try using a newer driver to mod and preferably a WHQL or a newer BETA will be the best option.

7. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    Yes, i disable driver signature enforcement.

You are right! I think i made something wrong! When i modd the newer driver, i need to have installed the official (old) driver of ATI RADEON Xpress 200M - that came with my PC or it is enough to have Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?

I always modded the new driver, with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in the left corner :( this is wrong i think ..
    [​IMG]
    photo sharing websites

8. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Wow your setup is really messed up, install a legacy driver:a 10.2 legacy and then try and MOD your driver your current VGA status will not affect, your new driver install.
    EDIT*** Its all about your DEV-ID , the rest doesn't really matter apart from the VGA card name you will get in the aftermath.

9. paradigmshift

paradigmshift Guest

GPU:
    200M
    Hello, I'm using a 200M as well (tagged as PCI\VEN-1002&DEV_5A62 in FLEM) and I just wasted 5 hours today and yesterday trying to get it running with your package, FLEM, the legacy drivers and what else I could dig up on the net. It's not like didn't I try hard enough but I'm running out of ideas right now how to get working. Please add support for this model in your package, it's eye straining right now or at least point me in the right direction how to solve it.

Edited:

I might add that the 10.2 legacy drivers won't install at all on Win7x64 and any FLEM mod will error at start-up that no drivers are present for CCC to open.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  10. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    FINALLY ! I have installed: AMD Catalyst_13.11_BetaV.9.2 modded with 10.2 legacy!

At first, i had the same problem in games (crashes and restarts) BUT, after right-clicking on icon, and selecting the compatibility with Windows VISTA Service Pack 2, i had no problems!!!

LE: I had again problems restarting in games, BUT as i read, it is possible that the newest Adobe Flash Player 11 have problems...

The graphic is considerable beeettterrrr, in videos, games. Furthermore, in Windows Experience Index, Graphics increased from 2.0 to 2.7, and Gaming graphics from 3.0 to 3.1. In games, now, i can run with 1280x800 resolution (in the past the game goes jerky).
    @AmiloMan, thank you very much for all. Yes, because of fast, i have modded the driver with itselft.... :).

@paradigmshift
    I have wasted 2 days (48 hours!!) just trying to update my driver.

So:
    1. First of all, download 10.2 legacy x64 for you ( i had x86 - 32 bit verson) from AMD.Because you are using 200M (like me), i can help you with a link (with x64 for you): http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=Legacy1&os=Windows Vista - 64
    - download just Catalyst Software Suite -
    Run the program (extraction), BUT DO NOT INSTALL in the driver (Cancel the installation after extraction)
    - now you should have a folder in C:\ATI\Support\10-02legacy...

2. Download the latest driver, AMD Catalyst 13.11, beta 9.2 - 7 November, from here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=383295
    - Run the program (extraction), again DO NOT INSTALL THE driver (Cancel the installation after extraction)
    - now you should have a folder in C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.11_Betav9.2

3. Probably, you have installed FLEM tool. Open it.
    4. Go up to ,,browse" and select this way: C:\AMD|AMD_Catalyst_13.11_BetaV9.2 (stop here, do not enter this folder, we need the root folder of the driver)

5. Go to the tab: Digital Flem Cocktail Lounge . You should have a green mark (which means Ok, the driver is loaded)

6. Now, we need to mix the drivers: Select FULL MOD ** Recommanded (in the left part)
    - now, we need to select the 10.2 files which need to be added in the newer driver:
    - select EACH of ,,Browse" option - go to: C:\ATI\Support\10.2legacy...\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF (for you, because you have x64, i entered in LH_INF)\B_95503\.
    Some Browse selection will have NOT the file needed, do not worry, just go on with other Browse options.

Now you should have selected between 8-12 files in these Browse options

7. Click on Modify, and wait
    8. After modding:
    8.1. Uninstall your current driver: Go to Device Manager, and uninstall your driver
    8.2. Go in C:\Program Files. Delete every folder named AMD or ATI
    8.3 Use a registry cleaner (CCleaner) - to clear the old registry

9. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement (tell us here, if you do not know how) - it will restarts your PC
    10. With D.S.E. disabled, run the Setup from AMD FOLDER (NOT ATI folder, the older driver......)
    11. Good Luck! You have the new driver installed!

PS. Here is a pic with my new W.E.I: [​IMG]
    screen grab

11. paradigmshift

paradigmshift Guest

GPU:
    200M
    Thank you rauliordache, AmiloMan and RayM!

The drivers are finally working on my old Samsung R40 and even Aero can be used now. I think my mistake was that I used some old 13.x beta that didn't wan't to work with FLEM. Just glad I can still use my Notbook because I'm forced to use Win7 x64 for some programs I working with.

12. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    Pay attention to Adobe Flash Player 11 ! It causes crashes and restarts of PCs. At first, I thought it is from the new driver.

13. paradigmshift

paradigmshift Guest

GPU:
    200M
    Hmm thanks for the warning, tried a new combination now that seems to work fine with latest Flash Player release 11.9.900.117.

I used these files:

99c4a3b523adf145cb3cda2efb0a2406 *atikmpag.sy_
    (taken from AmiloMan Drivers, because I cannot install without it)

009c0c9a7e1c49ca1bfa0692d6108eab *10-2_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc.exe
    (the first 7 files from the 64 bit driver folder)

0fde58c2300ab22db418e02771cf1639 *AMD_Catalyst_13.5_Beta2.exe
    (this was modded with the 8 files from above)

Then I chose custom install and only installed the display drivers since I don't need CCC for work/beamer/office screen.

I hope it remains stable, maybe I watch some mkv in MPC-HC to test further stability and write how fast playback is.

Good luck, I hope this helps you as well!

Edited:

Watching mp4 video instantly crashes driver.

Edited 2:

Now I think PCI\VEN-1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_C02B144D&REV_00 has to be the worst integrated graphics and ATI/AMD still has learned nothing about driver support. I still use old hardware on other PCs with Vista 64 drivers on Win 7 and it works perfectly, but they don't even support this card for old Vista.

Time to put XP back on this Notebook and sell it for a few Dollars, it can't be fixed :coffee:

14. rauliordache

rauliordache Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon
    @paradigm. Use Windows 8. I have Win 8 x32, and after two days of searching and talking with AmigoMan, i have resolved the problem!

After 10 hours, no more problems. Hope all problems (with crashes and restarts) were from Adobe Flash Player. Actually i run:
    - counter strike
    - TV online
    - YouTube videos.

I have some problems in TV online, but they are from SopCast (i had also before installing the new driver).

The quality is unbeliveble.

A question for AmigoMan (or anyone who know): Is it neccesary to update my driver every time when appear a new driver? Actually, i have the 7 November (which is beta) modded. I will do with all new drivers as i did with FLEM Tool. The question is: how often? This week i will try windows 8.1..., i hope not to get errors with this modded driver.

Just to remember to uninstall the actual driver, deleting the registry (from ATI/AMD) and disable D.E. before updating the driver.

15. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Hi, yes its best practice to install the latest drivers monthly or when they comeup with a fix. If you have a stable MOD there is no need to uprgrade unless when really necessary. Congratulations on making your drivers work on your machine :) i'm glad you are enjoying the performance benefits of your new drivers:infinity:.

16. KitsuneFoxy

KitsuneFoxy Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 285 1GB
    Hi amilo man. finally got time to try the drivers, but it doesnt install, It says "Setup cannot Copy the file atimtag.sy_ Ensure the location is correct or insert the disk etc"

Error messages
    Driver Install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices

comes from the installer itself.

Any help appriciated :>

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  17. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    That is strange never heard of it before, could you try running it as Administrator and disable driver signature enforcement.

18. KitsuneFoxy

KitsuneFoxy Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 285 1GB

Does XP Even have Driver Signature Enforcement?

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, this is started from Windows 8 if I am right. :)
    Or Windows 7, I don't remember that...

20. ggildas

ggildas Guest

GPU:
    ati 200m
    ATI 200m

Thanks. This works a treat on Win 7. Previous drivers caused ATI2dvag.dll BSOD on shut down.
    :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
    10 bannanas for your help