The 7 Wonders of Crysis 3 - Episode #1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    my rig is crying... get it? Crying?

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Your rig is crying? Mine is burning.

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I still find BF3 more beautiful. :p

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx670
    This game won't be has ground breaking has the first one, unfortunately. Graphics will be good but not futuristic like crysis 1. Or like the samaritan tech demo, made with unreal engine. Did you guys get to see that?

5. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    well..i played the alpha..and it was a 'pretty' version of CoD..nothing more..nothing was destructable...almost everything was static...same as MW:Online...same engine...BF3...spoiled everything :) If theres no destruction in it...might as well go play CoD instead IMHO. At least they have zombies...:)

and glass being shot thru doesnt constitute 'destruction' to me....with whatever railgun he was shooting at that point in the video..he should have been able to punch holes thru the 'busstop'...but he couldnt..causethe engine has no clue what 'destruction' is it would seem..at least in my experience...in 2 alpha's...its a pretty big disappointment. and it ran like glass on my system. both Mechwarrior:eek:nline and Crysis 3 alpha. So yeah, there ya go...and HD textures shouldnt be an addon...ever. I dunno why EA thinks thats ok....thats like having the paint on a car as an addon aftermarket :p
    Not sure why software companies think they are special.....

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    'BattleBlur 3 spoiled everything' what a joke, destruction desmuction, you want some real effects look to PhysX.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  7. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx670
    Tottaly agree

8. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Well..BF3 is a start...and games with PhysX...too few and far between to be considered really...and too proprietary also. Although the new addon for BF3...they have done all the destruction FOR YOU already..so thats pretty much a joke now too...sigh. although the aftershocks are kinda a nice feature...:) and something new...finally. :)

..and I just finished Metro 2033....THATS a good storyline I thought...and quite well done...you have to suspend disbelief a bit on that one, but still, its a new direction. Something unique :) took me about 9.5 hours to finish it, was a well spent 9.5 hours IMHO :)

oh..and that grass thats blowing in the wind in the video...go play DayZ if you want to see impressive grass effects...esp that it lies down after you have crawled thru it and zombies that use the grass thats matted down, to track you with :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What did C2 have over C1? Over tesselated barriers and lame Ai from beginning till end, perhaps it was the zero destruction of anything except barrels of fuel or liner corridors and streets that had you on the edge of you seat.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    'When using the new “Ultra” spec, DX9 platforms will benefit from real-time local reflections and contact shadows. The owners of DX11 platforms, in addition, will be able to enjoy hardware tessellation (requires the installation of the “DX11 Ultra Upgrade”), parallax occlusion mapping and several improvements for shadows, water, particles, depth of field and motion blur. '

---

last year (2011) Crytek pushed the boundaries again with their ultra upgrade, this year Gearbox pushed those boundaries again with PhysX to the max.
    Oh dice gave us destruction! whoo pee! same destruction on same part of building again and again and ..
    oh the tower is falling on Caspian map everyone look out! ..oh wait ..

11. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Comparing BF3 to Crysis2? That's a spit on BF3's face. C2 was a joke, and ultra upgrades, tessellated water etc will only make it a better looking joke.

I don't get what's the problem with the blur, how else are they supposed to represent Suppression? Turn Motion Blur off but suppression blur will be there, and it adds to the intensity of the game. MP only, forget SP.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    blur remains when shooting stops, fatal error, anyways i don't buy thousand dollar rig to stare at some blurry mess all day long, whatever, BF3 has always been enemy of Crysis 2, thats a fact jacky.
    C3 will dispel with battleblur.

13. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx670
    What is battleblur?

14. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Disable FXAA, don't know what else to tell you. Some textures are poor quality. that's about it.

A play of words on Battlefield 3 with an attempt to make C2 superior.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Crysis 2 looked like sh!t until Maldo came in and did his magic. :arnie:

/thread

16. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx670
    While BF3 wasn't a revolution, like crysis 1 was, it is much better than crysis 2, that was definitely made for 7 years old ****ty consoles.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    BF3 and Crysis 2 there both **** tbh.
    Once the dust has settled you move on quickly from both.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    lol, only 55Euro on Origin, and only 70euro for the Digital Delux edition which has some MP and SP stuff unlocked early and has a free copy of Crysis 1( worth 2 euro ), bargain, where do i sign up?

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yeah i'm gonna pay Origin 55 euros, sure i am, retail for me by the looks of it.