FEZ 2 Cancelled in an epic fit of rage on twitter!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I really don't care about the personality of the developer(s), only the quality of the games they produce and FEZ was undoubtedly an outstanding game, one that honestly surprised me with its clever level design and amazing gameplay despite judging it initially on its dated 8-bit looks (which I actually now think add immensely to its undeniable charms). It's such a shame that this guy has cancelled the sequel but we can only hope that he takes a bit of time to calm down and reconsiders his decision. Fingers crossed.

2. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    wish i could rep you just for saying rad

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Have them play Mobi Mobi Boy on PS3. Some weird stuff right there.

4. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Whats FEZ?

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Fish is drama queen, arrogant, a-holish, talented and very unstable.

But you also have to understand where he comes from. There's basically been witch hunt for this guy in media, and from idiot trolls in internet, for a long time.

That might get you on edge a bit.

Marcus Beer on the other hand is nobody. He only gets living from game developers, and then he titles himself not as journalist (which he seems to get), but as an "opinionist" who also seems to be complete idiot.

For Marcus: Opionions are like a-holes, everyone has one. So you are not opinionist, you are an a-holeist.

6. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I agree with you there, only problem is he publicly displayed his dickheadness.

7. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Long live the 80's :grin: :rock:

8. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB

Well you should. The 12 year old personality of this dev caused a game to be cancelled

9. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    So, from what i understand, this Fish guy is being targeted because he speak out his mind about the state of modern japanese games? The modern Japanese games do sucks, a majority of them.

He is rude and emotional, but what he said is truth. Ask yourself a question about how many Japanese games you bought and enjoyed in the past 3 years and asked yourself how many western games you bought and enjoyed in the past 3 years?

Also, Japanese downfall is their own fault for not improving the quality of the game as well as their attitude, they are in their own little world, most of their game are made not for export.

The best example would be KOEI. They made interesting game 10 years ago. But they decided to milk it and doesn't improve on their game. Many of their great franchise are just simply boring. I used to play hours and hours of romance of three kingdoms strategy game but the recent one? sucks. They borrowed lots of elements from another game series they made and just change the setting and slap the name on it. Its basically the same game in another setting!

Uncharted Water was 'innovative' but their latest one? A dull cash grab online game. Its an open ended and open world game made in the 90s!

10. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Fez Dev saying "Your games suck" back then, against modern? Jap games -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPIcV6zsPw

Hes an unprofessional noob, to give a moronic childish reply against a honest question asked/translated with such hardship from another indie developer(Japanese probably).

Good hes outta game dev business.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    -#cares #who #this #about-

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    CliffyB on the Phil Fish situation,

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/56805389679/dynamite-fishing-an-open-letter-to-phil-fish

GT's response,

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...t-owe-a-damned-thing-to-any-gaming-journalist

I generally disagree with CliffyB but in this case, I whole-heartedly agree with him. Sometimes it's embarrassing to be a gamer and be clubbed together with the keyboard warriors.

13. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    The question was about RECENT Japanese games. He clearly stated that back then, the Japanese games were the king of the world!