drooling

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by kd7, Apr 17, 2014.

1. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
  2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nice, if you wanna play 4k, that's it.

3. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Yeah 4k only, anything else is pretty much overkill.
    I'll be using 1080p @ 60Hz for at least 3 to 5 more years. So my 290 is enough, but my 920 doesn't fair so well in some of the open world games :(

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    more likely your cpu....

RTS and open RPGs requre a lot of cpu juice...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

5. -Eon-

-Eon- Member

GPU:
    ASUS Amd Radeon R9 270X2
    4K play with it

6. msdos622wasfun

msdos622wasfun Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280X
    Wow, two of those 295X2's pretty much slaughter everything else, but then again, why wouldn't they. It's like being surprised at the results you would get by putting twin turbos on a V-16 in a Viper or something. :)

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    They have been shown not to scale well on various reviews. Well avoid anything above 2-3 GPUs from any vendor until they iron out the scaling for more than 2 GPUs.

A 295X2 has been shown to handle 4K 60Hz pretty well, but not completely maxed out.

8. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Crysis3, AC 4and Skyrim with a heavy enb, everything is else fast enough most of the times. Maybe some pats of BF4 could use a bit of extra juice.
    This is my own experience with two R290x's and a 4K screen.

I also really can recommed to go 4K, it's awesome in games. It's way better then downsampling to 3840x2160 from a 1080, or 1440P screen. If you have the patience, I should wait til real 60hz screens appear though. I've got the Dell UP2414Q, and it's a great screen, in fact, I would never change it, but it has some issue's now and then due mst rendering ie act as two screens, but boy those image goodness. Even windows 8.1 is pretty good most of the time, though certain apps not scaling. It's the best thing I did the last few years.

I gonna try two 295x's as I'm hooked on heavy enb modding in Skyrim and want it get smooth, yes crazy, but I have very much pleasure doing it. With a full packed config with advanced SSAO, reflection and Skylighting and tons of tree's-, grassmods and parallax it can stress a GPU quite good in 4K. Hopefully quad scales as good in this game as two way CF does now, otherwise it's no use.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014