Flashing Cards. People still have problems. This might help.

Discussion in 'Links' started by Chouji, Jan 11, 2004.

1. -Cerberus-

-Cerberus- Guest

I get a board mismatch warning that doesn't allow me to flash, nvflash. I bypass the other two using -5 -6, but don't know what to do now..

EDIT: NVM, WFFLASH SUCCESS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2004
  2. xXMrMeathooksXx

xXMrMeathooksXx Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 295's Quad sli
    Hey man just use the Leadtek bios...1...2...3 yer done!

3. xXMrMeathooksXx

xXMrMeathooksXx Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 295's Quad sli
    Well I flashed everything perfect,took 10 seconds once it was going.All I did was create a bootable disk dident need windoze 98 or none of that.I just chose to format a new disk as a bootable.And like what was said before by other people here,just copy the rom file and wfflash.exe to a seperate floppy.Once in dos just type the commands in and thats it the program does the rest.It was so easy im still amazed :D

4. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Spuk0 had a problem with the wfflash, but i dont know if he had the dos4gw.exe in there cause i think wfflash uses dos4gw to unprotect the bios.

Yes nvflash does work read this if you have problems with the brand protection

5. Are there any new/ better Bios for a BFG asylum GFFX 5600 256mb

currently the bios i have is 4.31.20.38?

6. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    not that i know of.. the bfg 5600utras have 400mhz core, memory clock 800mhz and ramdac 400mhz. the 5600nu 256mb has 325mhz core and 400mhz ramdac but i dont know the ram speed. so if you get the ram speed and its somewhat close to the ultra you can probably get the 5600u bios in it.. just be careful thats all. ohh and you WILL! need ram sinks, i dont think the 256mb has ram sinks which tells me it has slower ram....

also 25$ for a vga gpu cooler that works with the 5600 and samesinks is easily worth it soo..

also i do not know the memory bits on either card, they are probably both 128bit.. but if ones 128 and the other is 256bit, then dont flash..

7. -Cerberus-

-Cerberus- Guest

Yes, both 128bit.

8. Ok i would like to try then, dont wory this is a testing rig all compnents are dissposable so total damage failure is not a big deal, but i would need some help.

the exact command lines for backiung the current default rom to file

and then the command line for flashing the new one.

and exactly how do i use the Nvflash? just run the app or use the RUN command with the command lines after the path?

thanks for the help

9. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    heh you just posted the thread for this thread :)) there are bipass commands for nvflash. but i prefer wfflash, i've used it so many times and its never failed.. mornally when it does fail is when someone puts the commands in wrong. like they will put wfflash nm bios.rom and forget the .exe

other problems might result from the mobo or something i dont know.. it would explain why i didnt have any problems, i tried them all with the same type of mobo.

i burn out geforce 2s and geforce 4MX's just for pure pleasure so i even flashed a gf4 bios into a gf2.. worked ok huge artifacts everywhere.. but then it burned out.. it was great.. i giggled a little.. then got back to testing bios's.

a key note vga bios's are not meant to be flashed dozens of times. after so many times the bios's hardware becomes damaged from flashing. i dont know if its the same with newer cards.. but i just wasted a geforce 3 ti 200 cause i flashed its bios like 20 times.. so dont do to much bios's flashing on a single card.. find one you like and stick with it.

10. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Chouji, could you tell me where I can find a BFG FX 5950 Ultra Bios? I've looked at their site, and I've looked through several forums and sites, yet still can't find a BFG 5950 Ultra Bios...I have the Leadtek Bios, but I want to try both it and the BFG Bios. Any further help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

11. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    sorry chief.. i want an official bfg 5950u bios too. the best i can do is send you a modded leadtek bios.. which i havent fully tested so i would prefer not to. just go ahead and use the leadtek bios for now. if i find one i will send you it. and can you and others try to refrain from asking for bios's here.. i think i might start a thread just for asking for bios's..

12. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    This might be a dumb question but can a 5900nu be flashed with a 5900 ultra bios aswell ? just curious ?

13. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    yes of corse.. some people are scared that the 5950u is to high for them. in reality it isnt but yes the only real difference between most 5900nu and 5900u's are the ultras have 50mhz higher core and 256mb ram.. thats about it.. as where the 5950's have 475mhz core and 256mb ram their pretty much all the same chip so going from 5900nu to 5900u is good but not as good as going to the 5950u also the 5950u bios runs cooler.. so i would advise just going to the 5950u bios over the 5900u..

but quick answer yes it will work

14. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    ye i have but i'm back to my normal speeds untill i really need a boost in games and fps :)

15. st0nez

st0nez Guest

GPU:
    R290/4GB
    So im guessing the mod might be just a lil too much for an 5900xt

16. Graek

Graek Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan xp sli Titan x 1
    Ive been reading this thread and have one question...do you flash the bios without drivers installed or does it matter?

It seems easy enough but Im still not sure...I still have these what ifs in my head lol.

17. well i followed the links but canot find the wfflash.exe utility nothing but the bioses themselves from leadtek???????????

18. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    well because you flash it in dos you dont worry about drivers, and murassmeblade the bios thing from leadtek comes with the wfflash already.. its the link thats like 227kb i think. or close to that..

the bios is 65kb and the rest is the flasher ~_^

So short. you dont need bios to flash it, you wont untel you get back into windows
    and the link on leadtek for the bios's have all the flashing and stuff you need that deals with wfflash. not nvflash

and stones as long as you have 400mhz+ core 800mhz+ ram and 256bit ram at that. you can flash it. i dont advise flashing if you have 700mhz ram, but you can anyways just have to underclock it with coolbits starstorm riva tuner and the high number of other freq clockers

19. Graek

Graek Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan xp sli Titan x 1
    Okay...I did it.

But before I get into that...I tried like 20 times to backup my old bios and I just kept getting bad command or file name. Im not exxagerating...2o times!!!! lol

Finally I said FOOK IT...every once in a while I gamble and so I typed the command for flashing it and vioula!

Everything thing worked fine.....played games at stock speeds and nada problem. Overclocked to 505 Core 1.01 Ghz Mem. Played NHL 2004 with my cousin with every setting maxed out the anal hole for over 3 hours. Didnt even phase my system...looked at temps after playing and it 46 degrees.:D

Id say this is the best mod anyones ever come up with...I mean wow..memory running at 1.0ghz stable as granite.

Mad props to you Chouji for providing info and unstructions. Im not even going to worry about a BFG bios...I AM HAPPY.

Again mad props to you Chouji :cheers: :rock:

20. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    ya i love the bfg even at high load i bearly break 52c im still looking for the bfg bios, but with no luck but it doesnt matter anyways..

Im glad to know i can help ~_^. For everyone who is scared to flash. dont worry i sure you guys can do it. you guys are the smartest bunch of nerds i can find and its awesome ~_^

Home you all get it to work ok.