F1 2012 thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Anarion, Jan 25, 2012.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    you bet! :banana:

WRT Lotus:

i was really looking forward to RG's race last sunday.. too bad he retired after just a few laps! :(

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    to be honest, I'm not expecting a lot from Grosjean this season. He was pretty rubbish when he got his first chance in F1. Since then he won GP2, so he's definitely a decent driver, but to be thrown into F1 next to Kimi is something different. Kimi is a beast!

3. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Always have always will mate! Tbf I think Senna could have a big future ahead of him. I mean he is still young and new in his f1 career, and if he shows potential with Williams this year then it could be a turning point for him in that he could get himself a better drive next year. In some ways I hope he does, as I like him as a driver and as a character in formula one. Williams showed some good pace in Aus, mainly from Maldonado, but they definitely have turned a corner since last season.

4. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    No pun intended :D

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, they had a shocking season last time around so obviously they could only go up this year. I don't even think Senna needs to get himself a better seat. What he needs to do this year is to show that he's better than Maldonado. Williams seem to have a weird driver setup this year, one is a guy who is sponsored by Mr. Chavez (tons of money) and the other one bears the name Senna. I'd rather have Barichello and say Kobayashi or Vergne as my 2nd driver, Barichello as the mr. experience and a young driver with a ton of skill (Kobayashi) or a young driver willing to do everything to prove a point (Vergne).

atm I think Williams have a potentionally great car, problem will be the drivers this season. If I was sinking a 100 million into an F1 season, I would get better drivers, that's for sure.

6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    I think BS (no pun intended too hehe) did great last year while he was still in Lotus. And although Rubens is no doubt more experienced, he's no longer as motivated as the younger drivers.

Although i agree with you, I'd take KK instead of BS.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol...

right... I think Rubens would still be motivated as ever. for different reasons, but nevertheless. he would drive out of his skin to prove that he still belongs in F1. something maybe massa should try? I mean it's a trend now to sack older drivers (trulli, barichello, massa after this season) but out of all of these, barichello clearly wanted to stay in F1 and fight for his place. so motivation wasn't the issue, maybe a lack of speed a little bit, but then again he brings tons of experience to a team so yeah, I'd still have him over Senna.

Don't think Kobayashi was available tbh, it was just an example. but if I was rich enough to sink 100 million into an F1 season, I would want to make sure that I get some decent drivers when I finally have a decent car. Kobayashi is a top driver, he's nuts, but boy he has skill. Maybe not a F1 champion material, I still can't see him beating Alonso/Vettel/Raikkonen in the same car, but the boy is fast! What I'm trying to say is that there's better drivers out there than Senna and Maldonado. I mean fair play, if they're only there because they bring money, then Frank might as well come out and say that he doesn't really care anymore and that they're there because they bring sponsors. Just don't tell people that this is the best 2 drivers you can have Frank, because that's BS!!! (no ****ing pun!)

8. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    eclap I'm not sure you understand how dire the situation at Williams was. These are the best drivers Williams can afford because they can't afford to pay drivers. In fact they can't even afford to let drivers drive for free. Maldonado is reported to be bringing in upwards of $40 million into the team through sponsorship and Senna is bringing $20 million plus. That is a huge chunk of Williams' operational budget.

Williams are try to rebuild infrastructure and get the business side of the team in good working order. After that the technical side has to be expanded and cemented. Only after all the fundamental bases are complete will they ever splash out for more expensive talent. This all fits in with Williams' philosophy about the driver just being another employee of the team. Williams' have never gone out to build a team around a driver.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Malaysia
    [​IMG]
    :D

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Maybe we will see some Schumi magic with the rain.
    Would love for him to win one more title.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Schumi was never great in the wet. well, he was, when the car was head and shoulders ahead of competition. Other than that, no.

12. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    should play pretty well for JB I suppose...

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Not true bro. You forget the time he drove the whale of **** ferrari when he started racing with them. People couldn't believe what time he put in.

I'm also seriously doubting your F1 knowledge as most people call him the "rainmeister". You don't just get that for having a good car.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I don't agree. He was great, for example, in Montreal when it was wet last year. He's always been great wet driver.

15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    Ayrton, Schumi and Jenson >> Rainmeisters?

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Jenson as a rainmaster?

Debatable.

MSC/Senna/BAR are the first that come to mind.

17. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
  18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    His luck. He's the most unlucky f1 driver out there. Oh well, he should still finish in top 6. The man is a God!

19. swISS

swISS Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980 Ti
    Jenson Button, Michael Schumacher, Sebastian Vettel. (Quali. Top 3)

The Race itself, Jenson Button will probally take it again, I think Schumacher will come out strong in this one. The Mercedes car is perfect for this kind of track.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    wow, hold on, you think Button will be in top 3 qually? but no hamilton? muhahahaa... Button and Hamilton in top 4, with at least one red bull. Mercedes is not gonna come nowhere near McLaren pace. if anything they'll have to watch their backs.

About Mercedes being perfect for this track, don't get fooled, it still has a lot of sweepy high speed stuff. and on the straights it's only as fast as Lotus and McLaren, not faster. so I wouldn't expect much from them this weekend. I can see one Mercedes finishing in top 6, but it's more likely to be Rosberg (he's clearly the faster driver out of the 2).