Borderlands 2 + MSI 670 oc + Physx High

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mentalpeace, Sep 26, 2012.

1. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    So you refuse to support your case with facts? Sounds about right. Show me a run with PhysX effects with a constant 16.7ms frametime. You would be the absolute first and shall be congratulated.

But you're bowing out in the nick of time. Oh well.

2. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Actually,not in the nick of time. If I'd realised how pedantic, obnoxious and insulting you were going to be, I'd have bowed out before posting.

You alluded with an opinion, presented as fact that everyone will play with stuttering in the Pre-Sequel as was also the case for Borderlands 2. My first hand personal experience is that whilst I too experienced micro stuttering/pausing hitching (however you want classify it), due to physx in Borderlands 2. I've had no such experience in the Pre-Sequel. Now if you want to tell me technically, that its proven (which you've yet to substantiate yourself) that something negatively is going on that my naked eye has not registered, then fine.

But in laymen's terms, the Pre-Sequel plays very smoothly without stutter for me. And if that rubs you totally up the wrong way to the point you have to start mud slinging abuse at me, then I simply suggest its perhaps not the best way of intelligently and maturely putting your point across.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    My experience is the same as KingDazza. No such problems in the Pre-Sequel. Apart from some frame rate fluctuation at times, all runs smooth with Physx unlike the terrible experience that is BL2. My G-Sync monitor helps with the fluctuations.

4. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    So you can't detect variations in frametimes. That's all you had to say man. Thanks for admitting that finally. Using PhysX the game is jittery for everyone due to these fluctuations. So the game is "smooth enough for you" but lying and saying there is no issue is just that. Lying. ;)

GSync is literally the only way to play this game with a perfectly smooth experience with PhysX turned on, which Gearbox should be ashamed of.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014

5. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    @Neo
    Perhaps I can detect variations in frame times, but just not the unproven and unsubstantiated ones you keep alleging everyone's experience suffers from? Sorry, but the experience is not jittery for me and appears to be not be jittery for Horned Shadow either.

Maybe you don't have your drivers installed properly, or maybe its something more prevalent in non-sli set ups. Perhaps post a thread asking for some help or knowledge gain. Then come back. :)

6. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Please prove your case showing that you have a perfect 16.7ms frametime @1080p with PhysX on. That is all I am asking. I do not think you can get around inherent engine problems with brute force.

I am not trying to say that this game suffers the same as BL2, Gearbox has made great strides since that fiasco. But the game, even at a locked 1080p60 isn't perfectly smooth, there are variations in frametimes that cause jitter on all setups, it's the effect of using Unreal Engine 3 and forcing more draw calls than the engine can competently handle. I am curious to know why someone who spends so much on their system fails to notice problems with games, that reeks of justifying a purchase. If you want to do that, pick a better game that scales with appropriate hardware. ;)

7. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    That statement = 99% of game players, console or PC.

I actually hate being so perceptive, it ruins games for me. BL2 being one of them. I had it running with my MSI 980 Gaming and a GTX 750 Ti Windforce for PhysX and it still stuttered. Almost no difference.

Pathetic, seriously pathetic. Got BL:TPS with my 980, figured "Oh it's been two or so years since BL2 was released. They definitely have fixed this."

Nope, same bull****. I wont even play it now because I know it can be played with cool effects and I can't even use them. Even though my PC is ultra high end.

I am a baby like that but it's a principal thing, they ****ed up so I will not play their garbage. Period.

Starting to buy games on Origin because you can return them if they are crap coded games. Not a great selection though.

8. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Some devs make it a pain in the ass to have high standards. Ubisoft and Gearbox are shining examples.

9. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Haha, yep. Agree with you wholeheartedly.

Bethseda sucks too actually. Horrible engines.

I was so hoping the G-Sync monitor I picked up would alleviate most if not all stutter issues with BL2 and the like. Didn't do an effing thing....

Impressed with Respawn Entertainment though, Titanfall plays like butter in all situations. Never skipped for me once. Very impressive.

Oh god I didn't even see this guys post beforehand.

Dude, don't even bother. He's not like us, he can't see what we can, period.

We know that NO ONE, lemme repeat that, NO ONE can play BL2 with PhysX on without stutters. Not even ONE person.

If they think they are the only ones that can, they are blind. Without a doubt.

10. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    If I can afford a system of my out lay, has it not occurred to you that maybe, just maybe I'm not fussed over a £20 cd key spend on a game?

But I think its great that you're curious to know things. That at least might be a start on your journey to enlightenment accepting others findings instead of calling them liars, patronizing them and incorrectly spinning what they are saying.

Anyway we're going round in circles here. It plays well for me with lovely physx effects. And it doesn't for you.

11. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    We're talking about the Pre-Sequel physx working well here not Borderlands 2.

12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    True, it works much better than BL2, but there are still problems with smoothness of gameplay, frametimes aren't optimal at all with PhysX enabled.

A 30fps game with a perfect 33.3ms frametime is a better overall gameplay experience than a 60fps game with lots of fluctuations above 16.7ms even if the FPS registers 60 at all times. There is a good reason why benchmark sites that are relevant are moving away from FPS benches and towards Frametime benches. FPS doesn't tell the right story at all. "Time spent above X.Xms" charts need to be all anyone reads. Ever.

13. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Same version PhysX DLL's as BL2 dude. Same performance.

Refer to my last statement there bud.

You CAN'T SEE whats happening. Bottom line. Sorry.

Bingo. This guy is not sensitive to frametimes my friend. I'd rather be in his shoes than mine... it's a curse.

Made it so I can't even play Mario Kart 8. Runs at 59fps, cant deal with ANY amount of stutter in any game on PC. If it stutters it's never played again by me. Or at least until it's confirmed fixed.

14. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Thank you for your apology. But no need I was speaking to NeoandGeo on his allegation of me somehow being corrupted by my purchase of The Pre-Sequel and gearboxes amazing marketing team. So I don't see how your post contributes to that.

Maybe the pair of you are just on some higher plain of existence, where speaking bollocks makes better sense? I don't know. Maybe you and he were separated at birth, as you seem to share a similar appreciation level of others opinions and comprehension. Maybe you were both conceived by a weak sperm or something, I've no idea and to be honest I've no inclination to find out. I'm happy being on terra firma here where I take onboard others findings and experiences with an open mind.

Anyway, please excuse me while I go back to enjoying buttery smooth physx effects on The Pre-Sequel. Cheers.

15. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Buttery smooth PhysX? Not hardly, the frametimes fluctuate at 60fps, so you get a jittery smooth image with subtle stutter as you play. You are lucky though if you can't sense those fluctuations. Your brain sees 60 via a "telling half the story" Fraps counter and tricks you into thinking it's smooth...If you aren't lying to justify your rig then it's simply a lack of comprehension on your end, ignorance is bliss is a true saying for a reason!

I guess you also don't know how smooth a 120fps or even 60fps on a 600hz subfield drive plasma look? Don't ever try either of those two, you will be spoiled and realize you are foolish to try and debate the smoothness of BL and PhysX. :D

I still can't believe Nintendo let it release like that. The jerk every few seconds is maddening sometimes. It has something to do with the AI processing as it doesn't happen rhythmically in online matches as it does in single player or local multiplayer modes.

16. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Ignorance is strong in this one.

I LOVE people like you. Too stubborn and proud to admit anything about their precious PC they built.

LOL man.

I could care less what you have to say as I've chalked you up as someone who is basically blind. You must have to be if you really think that this game doesn't stutter.

Anyway, you're blind. Also apparently stubborn and ignorant.

17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Dazza, you're not one of the trolls on the Far Cry 4 forums lying about your game being perfectly smooth at max settings are you? They use some of the same terms as you, and I'm just checking.

18. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    This.

Kudos for explaining exactly what is happening with buddy over there. Was up all night so I couldn't be arsed. Hehe.

Oh man, Mario Kart 8's 59fps is a disaster. It's 100% the AI, people think its the AI/MKTV feature capturing frames.

I did not know it didn't happen online. Although, last night I did surmise that since there was no AI that the game would probably do 60fps online. You mean I was right eh? Sweet. Can this game be enjoyed in some other mode than Time Trials now? Cool!

19. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Oh god, those guys too? Why am I not surprised....

I should get some sleep and come over there and own some n00bs too.

20. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    Well.. finally got a whole new PC - i7-6600, 16gb ddr4 RAM @ 2866mhz and a GTX 970 - thought I might try Borderlands 2 again, see if the whole issue is gone...

nope. still only getting 40fps in high physx scenes.

*sigh*