Nvidia ShadowPlay

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Spets, May 24, 2013.

1. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Yep, Just tested it myself, Great stuff!

2. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    good work Nvidia .......:)

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It works really great, by the way, is there a way to make it 30fps? I can't seem to find way to change it...

4. Unreal_br

Unreal_br Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX660ti SC 2GB
    Looks decent itself. Not like ultra high end youtube production level but high level.
    Now I only need to configure it properly when I'm recording since I have games installed across 2 hdds and the hdd loading lag sucks :S

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    In GPU bound games that do not use more than two cores it's faster to use UtVideo 4:2:0 (chroma subsampling to save some space) codec than ShadowPlay if you're CPU >4 cores/threads.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Impressive.

Gonna run the files through AE and see how they compare for RGB levels and crispness of images.

The file size is impressive, looking like 1gb for every 5 minutes of 1080p recording.

7. Unreal_br

Unreal_br Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX660ti SC 2GB
    That is very discussable since that works mostly for Intel CPUs, I've had bad experiences with UtVideo when it comes to my FX-8120.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It certainly is well optimised for Intel for sure. Lagarith could work decently on AMD, although it definitely is not as fast than UtVideo on Intel. UtVideo codec gets updated rather quickly though so things might improve (latest one is from 14-Oct-2013 version 13.3.0).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wow!, cheers for the in-depth explanation there, Unwinder. +1

11. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I tried it with an mmo game today with extremely high aa settings,etc, and fraps produces spot on quality as what you are playing in the game itself, shadowplay does not produce nowhere near as good as fraps but fraps uses alot more hdd space within the same duration.

I saw the video both the fraps on high and on shadowplay on high, there difference is light and day, fraps quality is exactly as when you played the game, gamma/brightness,etc is spot on, whereas shadowplay, the brightness/gamma does seems to be off a bit, and if your using high aa,af, it doesnt seem to reproduce properly after recording, but still in beta, got alot of potential, at least doesnt slow the pc down like fraps does, but I am all after Image quality, I would sacrifice IQ over performance any day of the year, alot of pc gamers will say the total opposite, so at this rate, I like fraps alot better because it records EXACTLY the same spot on quality as you were playing the game.

I'll be looking out for more updates on shadowplay.

12. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    I think it's amazing. I like the shadowplay feature ALOT and can easily just press the keybind after something incredibly funny or out of the ordinary happened during online play with friends. No other software out there has that functionality plus the quality difference is negligible as youtube always takes some away after uploaded. I'm content with it and only using this as game recording. Any other stuff will continue to use A v e rmedia Live GamerHD (1080p @30fps 60Hz)

Here are some of my test recordings from yesterday if you like to see:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY3hvWbtuIo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFfUIHz0PlU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Pn-JjHAW8

13. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

I was saying that to myself, how would the video quality look after its been uploaded and processed on youtube, so I did some IQ check after upload on a small dinky 3 sec video, I put it on the highest video playback setting, on 1080, looks outstanding, I wouldnt say spot on quality, but at least the intense aa and af can be seen right away while the video playback on the tube is in motion, Looks great but not 100% spot on, close to it.

14. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Shadow play does a pretty good job but it won't capture my mic input which sadly makes it unusable for me. Hopefully they fix that soon.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    If using YouTube, I'd recommend encoding @1440 so YouTube give the file more bits per second for quality; but yeah the quality of video footage on YouTube is dreadfully bad when compared to original video files.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Use another app for voice???? This is great software, and besides, how important is the sound of your own voice, anyway?

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    MSI afterburner No.1 :thumbup:

Just sayin, but perhaps NVidia stick to what they good at and not try copy consoles?

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Um, huh?

I might and probably am well out of the loop on consoles, but how is this copying consoles?

19. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Yep I only upload at that resolution (1440p)

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    google xbox one, with all respect, I know I have no energy to search for console related stuff, not that there's anything uncool about it, Just like there's nothing uncool about shadow play, I was just sayin folks will get a better rip with Unwinder's Afterburner. AND AFTER ALL aFTERbURNER HAS GOTTA BE THE GAMERS NO.1 FRIEND. DRIVERS ARE NOT SO FRIENDLY.