Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Shadowsoldier, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Who else is really excited for this game?! I loved Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 for the 360 and I just am so happy this new game is coming out. May 22nd! Who is getting it the day it comes out?!

2. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    GR:FS has great potential but i think KDR whores will ruin the tactical gameplay.

3. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Well you can always in private matches

4. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    Im on the fence for this tbh - Its kinda been drowned out by other upcoming releases. But I will be keeping an eye on it.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I was looking forward to it... until I played the beta. SOOOOOOOOO many issues i have with the game that i just can't ignore that would allow me to enjoy playing it.

1) What is the point in having two different modes of aiming? L1 goes into a rough aim that's a bit more accurate than normal, but nowhere near ADS accurate.... so why even have it? I hardly ever use the L1 aim mode because even if the person you're shooting at is 10 feet in front of you, you're lucky to hit him.

2) Thanks to those two modes of aiming... they needed to find another place to stick the ADS button. And where'd they put it? pressing the right control stick. Which also happens to be the button needed to aim. So if you're in a hurry to aim down the sights, and hurriedly press the stick, you could also wind up throwing your aim completely out of whack.

3) Since i'm on the subject of aiming... i might as well bring this up now. Some games nowadays are implementing methods of making the gameplay feel more realistic by affecting your view in some way if you're under fire. I think some blur the screen, while others make you less accurate. Future Soldier? They looked at those methods and thought "F*ck... why would we want to do that?" Their solution? If you're under fire... your aim goes all over the place. And i don't mean just "not very accurate". I mean... think of something along the lines of if you're playing Call of Duty, are aiming down the sights of a sniper rifle while holding your breath... and run out of breath. Crosshairs are going all over the f*cking place, whether you're aiming down the sights or just normal over the shoulder. Makes it not only impossible to basically even hit the side of the building you're standing next to, but also makes RUNNING AWAY difficult.

4) Button placement is also a bit odd. Not only the already mentioned issue i have with the ADS button... but even the melee. Since they had to remap the ADS button to somewhere.... i guess they felt that seeing as the right thumb stick was already taken... they decided to map the melee button to Square. Yep. So not only do you have to take your thumb off the stick that's helping you to aim at the person you're trying to melee... you have to pray to god that by the time you DO try to melee that person, that he's still directly in front of you. Otherwise you're basically just standing there with your thumb up your a**.

There are probably more issues i had with the beta... but i just can't think of any more right now. And i don't know if that's breaking some sort of NDA or not... but even if it is... i don't care. I know it's a third-person shooter and not first-person... but even so, i don't see any reason for the completely ridiculous control scheme.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970