Depression, can't sleep.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signex, Mar 6, 2017.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Change of diet, strong routine exercise can also do wonders.

I know its hard at first to pull yourself out of that pit, but once you start getting into a routine your motivation will go sky high.

Hang in there.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Then stop! This part is completely in your control

6 days eating 100% clean, 1 day eating (within reason) what you want

Good, use this new well being feeling to get out more, do more exercise, make the most of it, the more you do the better you'll feel :)

Depends if you need it or not, they'll always start you off on the lowest dose first, if it works there's no need for more, more won't necessarily make you feel better if the initial dose is enough which is sounds like it could be

You want the least amount of meds in your system as possible tbh

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Listen to this man.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Just had an traumatic panic attack, my heart rate skyrocketed and there was such pressure in my head felt like my eyes were about to pop out.

This was the worst one yet, luckily my parents got home when it started, was about to call 911.

I'm literally falling apart, after that event my depression is back in full force.... :(

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Don't let one episode set you back to square one, everyone has relapses recovering from whatever it is, part and parcel of recovery, they'll get further and few between

Just get right back on where you left off and keep going

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    It's not that easy, specially for me being such a sensitive person.

I'm getting more and more scared for my life.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Panic attacks are not life threatening, very worst you'll hyperventilate and pass out, they're scary but not dangerous

-----
    This is what makes a visit to the Emergency Room with a panic attack such an unsatisfactory experience. It's not a life threatening emergency, just an imitation of one. The chest pain you experience during an anxiety attack is real, not imagined. But it's pain in your chest muscles, not your heart.
    -------
    www.anxietycoach.com/what-panic-attacks-can-do-to-you.html

--
    When you're having a panic attack or anxiety attack, the symptoms — chest pain, flushing skin, a racing heart, and difficulty breathing — can make you feel like you're going to faint, lose your mind, or die. But the reality is, you won't
    --
    www.everydayhealth.com/pictures/how-to-end-an-anxiety-attack/

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    But doesn't the heart take damage if it pounds that hard and fast?

I've heard your heart will age sooner the more you have these heart beats through the chest.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    No, not at all, your heart is designed to beat fast during exercise / cardio

Only prolonged periods of ridiculously fast heart rates (200+ iirc) when the heart goes out of rhythm can do any damage, but you'd know if that was happening because you do need to go to hospital to get them to sort it out back into it's normal speed again, and they do that by injecting you with a drug that stops the heart immediately followed by one to start it again, (Watched a documentary about it) which sets the heart back to it's normal rhythm again

As described in those links (And you should read up as much as possible about panic attacks so you are educated that they are harmless) it is nothing more than an adrenaline rush from the panicking causing the racing heart and flushing etc

Same as when someone gives you a fright, except you're doing it to yourself

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Today was good, did had a few scary feelings in my chest but nothing major that my heart was rushing.

Have a feeling it's cause of caffeine, i did had 1 can of energy drink, biggest mistake.
    But then i can never ever drink it ever again? seems a bit weird...

Been drinking it most of the time in the passed years, never had any issues with sleeping or feeling a adrenaline rush.

My heart has been very calm today, and the days before i've had an energy drink, so it has to be the cause right?

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Very likely, you know Red Bull was banned in a few countries, stories of people suffering heart attacks and deaths due to it, although ruled out the death

I used to drink loads of energy drinks but started getting severely bad headaches so cut them out completely

No great loss, keep off the caffeine completely and see how you get on

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I learned to somewhat contain them.

In public places I ask people where the restroom is and tell them I need to go for a dump.

Then I sit there trying to chill myself out. Though I rarely get them these days.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Really? i never had issues with drinking red bull, but haven't had one in a long time.

What i had was Golden Power, don't think you can get it overseas it's a German brand from a specific grocery store that sells it.

But i can live without it, i'm not that addicted to it like i used to.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Same, but some are so extreme that i can't contain myself and i need to take my medicine to calm my heart and myself down like yesterday.
    My heart was racing like no other, it easily surpassed over 200bpm, sucks i didn't recorded it then i could show my doctor.

I used to be very scared to go into public places where lots of people are, but that went away and i even went out in the weekends to drink at parties and such.
    But right now i'm probably back to square one and need to get used to busy places again.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I think this is your main problem:

Hypochondria (health anxiety) is excessive worrying about your health, to the point where it causes great distress and affects your everyday life.

Some people with health anxiety have a medical condition, which they worry about excessively. Others have medically unexplained symptoms, such as chest pain or headaches, which they are concerned may be a sign of a serious illness, despite the doctor's reassurance.
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypochondria/Pages/Introduction.aspxYouhave

You've been told your heart is medically fine yet you continue to convince yourself it is not

(Humorous side) I went to the doctors, he said "You've got hypochondria", I said "Oh no, not that as well" :D

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Could very well be, headaches i've always ignored that's one thing i never worry about.

Just the way my heart pounds sometimes and how i feel (slow and heavy) or the feeling that anxiety is taking over. (wich i can contain most of the time by breathing through the nose and blowing it out through the mouth slowly.

Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere while i'm relaxed on the couch.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it sounds like classic hypochondria anxiety, it's not going to matter if a team of surgeons opened your chest up and spent 24 hours examining your heart, woke you up and said it was the most perfect strongest heart they had ever seen and that the rest of your body would fail before your heart, you're still going to convince yourself otherwise

Next time you're at the doctors ask him about hypochondria, could well be a med they can prescribe to relax you from worrying 24/7

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Isn't Citalopram that kind of med? i've read it's using your serotonine 24/7 wich makes you happy.