Help setting up WinXP-Win98 network

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Chillin, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ok, I am planning on using the WinXP machine as host for internet connection (cable dial-in), host machine has a nForce4 10/100 ethernet which is connected to cable and a ST Lab Realtek 8139d Fast Ethernet NIC 10/100.

Now the problem is that I am having WinXP Pro SP2 not recognize the NIC card, and when it does it shows the nice big yellow exclemation point next to it. I downloaded and installed the latest drivers, as well as testing the original ones on the floppy, nothing works. There seems to be no IRQ conflict, but if there is how do I fix it or know?

Now my second problem is that the Win98 PC is only written in a different language (Hebrew) which I cannot fully comprehend at the diffficulty level required for the technical stuff. So if someone could please show in screenshots, or find that, step by step instructions to set-up I would be in your debt forever. If someone could find the instructions for setting up a dial-in broadband shared connection as well on WinXP I would again be most grateful.

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Out of interest, did you click on my guide?

3. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    if xp isnt recognising your nic and u have the drivers, either the cards ****ed or the slot is ****ed. as for sharing files/web using your xp machine as an access point, been there done that. xp can walk u through it usin network wizard

4. sludg3

sludg3 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4850
    onboard nic?
    if pci.. switch slots