MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I bought a G400 today and I just want to warn people it has pretty high "lift off distance". I tested it and it still tracks 3 CDs high. I have used several layers of Sellotape and it now barely tracks at 1 CD. I will buy some Scotch Magic Tape tomorrow which is apparently much better and should completely remove the issue with only 1 layer of tape.

Apart from this big issue the mouse is nice. When I'm aiming it seems to glide and feels much more accurate than my G500. It's also a little smaller which is good for me as I suffer with pain in my wrists, fingers and hands from years of gaming abuse.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's definitely more reliable then the G500. It's funny how the cheaper G400 is actually better in terms of raw performance.

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    jup, g400 rocks..got it here also..the true successor of teh MX series..
    i tried teh g500, but i have to say teh g400 is much more precise..i think teh optical they used is great..better then a lot of laser mouses..
    also the laser point was somewhere else then usual i was used..its between ur fingers..instead of teh center of teh mouse..

that allways felt like a little mouse acceleration..

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The laser sensor used in current laser mice actually is bugged and has mild acceleration (even when disabled). To my experience it's the least noticable on the Xai/Sensei series but it was quite horrible on the G500, especially combined with the sensor placement.

Unless they mess up majorly, whatever MX518 or G400 successor should perform great, as it's the mouse that's competing with the Deathadder from Razer. If you look around amongst competitive gamers, they're some of the most popular mice (alot of CS players use these or older intelli mice).

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My Logitech G500 is being a PITA.... It's not tracking properly and it's suffering from the "double click" issue....

Not sure if I want to give the Roccat Kone Pure or Kova+ a try.... My biggest issue is mouse weight...it's gotta be light.

6. Timo2

Timo2 Guest

GPU:
    9600m GT (280 burned out)
    Hey all. Does anyone have any comments on the giant G600 logitech?

I've used this thing for six months or so and it is perfect. I've big wide hands and especially big palms and all my aches and pains have gone since ditching my classic microsoft, brilliant though it was.

I play fps's only and use 13 buttons (plenty more left) without thinking. Press aim with your ring finger! Amazing 3rd primary button.

I mean most of us have 4 fingers and a thumb. Yet mouses tend to have nothing for ring and pinkies.

7. AlwaysHope

AlwaysHope Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870 OC DualX
    Just wanted to say I have a razor imperator running over Roccat Sota pad and its definately the smoothest mouse I have ever used and been PC gaming since '03 with MANY different mice & pad combos over that time. Using the latest firmware and have found only a couple of random moments when the mouse would loose tracking ability but moving it around a bit and a few seconds later its back to normal. I've had to turn down the DPI compared to other mouse/pad combos playing at 1920x1200 in FPS/RPGs, this current combo is the smoothest of the smoothest imo... :)

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Been a while, but if you still in the market for a new mouse, the ROCCAT Savu is a really good one, tracks up to 4.5 meters/second on 400 and 800 dpi. They're also planning on putting the same sensor in the Kone soon.

A kone optical version basically:
    https://twitter.com/ROCCAT/status/341559865333927937/photo/1

9. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    I use an Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 for all my gaming... it kicks ass! :banana:

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    how big is the Roccat Kone Pure. would it work for someone with big hands.?

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Yeah.

Unsurprisingly my new G500s is a piece of ****, the middle wheel is not round so if u hyperscroll then stop it with a figer the wheel rolls about 1/8 of a revolution.

Which is like 1/4 of a fruckin webpage.:bang:

Also the new LGS software is missing heaps of settings like scroll speed, sensitivity etc...

Think this is the end of the road for logitech and I.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  14. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I'm back to using the Microsoft Habu, it's a great mouse!

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i dont think im going to buy a logitech mouse again either.
    Ill go with the Steelseries Sensei for my next mouse.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    ROCCAT Kone mice use the same sensor I think or at least similar so performance should be near identical.

My personal tastes would lean more towards the Pure Optical though :p
    Wasn't a fan of their older mice, but their new line-up seems quite solid from ROCCAT.

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    After playing with several mice trying to find a successor to the IME 3.0 I think I've found the closest without paying through the nose for another one. The Zowie EC1 eVo.

I missed the shape and comfort :D

18. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080

That's really a shame man and its sad news Logitech has gone the way of the crappola. From the looks of it, Logitech has made the transition from quality built gaming mice to gimmicky, tricked out lower quality mice at the same or higher prices. My MX-518 was amazing and I used that thing for years but it seems all of its supposed successors, like the G400 aren't up to snuff.

I still use my 518 every day at work, and switched up to a Storm Spawn at home for gaming. Its been solid, but its not something I would recommend to someone with no tech knowledge. Its rough out of the box.

19. Teacan

Teacan New Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 460 GTX 1GB
    Great guide first of all. Although I'm looking for something that wasn't covered here. Basically a Diablo/SC2-proof mouse. Thing is, I've lost 2 G9x's to those games with the exact same problem - RMB starts releasing by itself while held down, eventually. The mouse itself is pretty solid otherwise, but the switches, apparently, aren't. Using my 10+ year-old MX500 in the meantime which, shockingly, still works well.
    Pretty much looking at a Deathadder (never tried a Razer) and a Coolermaster Storm Reaper. Read some pretty mixed feedback on the Deathadder, and very little info on the CM mouse. Don't want to try another G9x or any new Logitech for that matter, although I will get a free replacement for the 3rd time...
    Anyone got any suggestions for reliable mice that can endure a few years of heavy "clicky" games ?

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have a cheapo Gigabyte mouse for Diablo and similar games, no need for an expensive mouse in those games.